Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I wish more clubs had a wage cap....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nutsy--1

i think we need one very big name signing but knowing wenger he'd rather make which i have no problem but we've plenty of funds go out and buy Kaka or someone like that just take the risk.
A trusted centre back wouldn go a miss bcuz senderos is poor

ONeill

What's the betting Senderos is player of the tournament....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Premier League - Arsenal complete Nasri signing

Eurosport - Mon, 23 Jun 18:44:00 2008

According to the player, who turns 21 on Thursday, he joins the Gunners for a fee of £16.8 million after completing a medical with the north London side last week.

A statement on the player's personal website reads: "We inform you that Samir won't be an Olympique de Marseille player next season and that he has signed a four-year contract with London club Arsenal."

Arsenal themselves are yet to officially announce the deal.

The acquisition is Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's second of the close-season, following the capture of teenager Arron Ramsey from Cardiff City for £5 million.

The deal was delayed while Nasri was at Euro 2008 with the France squad. The versatile winger, who can play on both flanks, made two appearances, both as a substitute.

Nasri holds the dubious distinction of being taken off in the same match as being brought on at the tournament, during the crunch Group C match against Italy.

He replaced the injured Franck Ribery after just 10 minutes of that 2-0 defeat, only to be substituted himself 15 minutes later when manager Raymond Domenech brought on defender Jean-Alain Boumsong after Eric Abidal was sent off.

Nasri was voted Marseille's player of the year by the club's fans at the end of the 2006/2007 season, and scored six goals in 30 appearances last term.

The signing is another strong indication that Alexander Hleb is leaving the club, as Arsenal will now be more willing to let his much-touted move to Inter Milan go through.

ildanach

O'Neill dont do a fearon on it and curse the move. Nothing is confirmed yet!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Here are the squad numbers in full:

1. Manuel ALMUNIA
2. Abou DIABY
3. Bacary SAGNA
4. Francesc FABREGAS
5. Kolo TOURE
6. Philippe SENDEROS
7. Tomas ROSICKY
9. EDUARDO
10. William GALLAS
11. Robin VAN PERSIE
12. Carlos VELA
13. Alexander HLEB
15. DENILSON
16. Aaron RAMSEY
17. Alexandre SONG
19. GILBERTO
20. Johan DJOUROU
21. Lukasz FABIANSKI
22. Gael CLICHY
24. Vito MANNONE
25. Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
26. Nicklas BENDTNER
27. Emmanuel EBOUE
30. Armand TRAORE
31. Justin HOYTE
32. Theo WALCOTT

The Watcher Pat

Hopefully the Nasri signing will be completed today....According to Sky Sports the Marseille chairman has conceded that a deal was immenent....

Sort of glad we didn't see too much of him at the Euro's...If he was really good it would have knocked his price up a lot.....plus he will be relatively fresh.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

nutsy--1

im guessin what the papers are saying about Silva the spanish winger being linked as Hlebs replacement is pure shit, seeing we've got Nasri??

ildanach

from bbc.co.uk

Emmanuel Adebayor has ended speculation about his immediate future by announcing he is staying at Arsenal.

The Togo striker, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, has been a target for both Italian side AC Milan and Catalan club Barcelona.

But the 24-year-old said in Vienna: "I am an Arsenal player and have three years left on my contract.

"The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

AC Milan, who signed Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners in May, had previously announced that Adebayor was their only other target this summer. 

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has also been in Austria for the European Championship, but has not spoken to Adebayor about the player's future.

Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco striker insisted money would not be a factor.

"When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors.

"I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

good to see a bit of loyalty. Maybe hleb will will show some too!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Bollox. I'd hoped he was going.

ildanach

Quote from: ONeill on June 27, 2008, 04:32:37 PM
Bollox. I'd hoped he was going.
???
and where were the goals going to come from our new no 14 theo???

ONeill

Adebayor is a poor man's Drogba. His value is highest now. Cash in.

Malone Aristocrat

I agree, bleed them for every penny before they realise how mediocre ade is.

arsene will be thinking the same

ONeill

Did you hear Adebayor yesterday saying he thought he was worth 40m or 47m. Had to laugh. If Arsene got 20m, spash out on 2 decent players, one to complement Van Persie, Walcott, Bentner and Eduardo and the other a defensive midfielder.

Adebayor is mostly a donkey who hits a purple patch once in a while.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ONeill on June 28, 2008, 10:11:59 AM
Did you hear Adebayor yesterday saying he thought he was worth 40m or 47m. Had to laugh. If Arsene got 20m, spash out on 2 decent players, one to complement Van Persie, Walcott, Bentner and Eduardo and the other a defensive midfielder.

Adebayor is mostly a donkey who hits a purple patch once in a while.

why buy 2 decent players to compliment the bench warmers you named?