Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteUnited would not be in the position they are in had Ronaldo played the same amount of games as VP this year

What kind of bollox statement is that.  Every team has a player that is seen as their main man, and RVP is not the main man at Arsenal anyway.  He spends more time in police stations and the treatment table than he does on the pitch.  Sure Liverpool would be nowhere without Torres this season, as would Arsenal without Fabregas/Adebayor!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ildanach

totally gutted today. But the plain truth is we need a few players to strengthen the squad. IMO we need a goalkeeper, a centre back, a combative centre midfield and right sided midfielder.Here is the list of the arsenal squad. There is some that are surplus to requirement at the club. Clear them out and buy in experienced players in these postions and we will challenge next year
here is my thoughts on the present squad
1.   Jens Lehmann
2.   Abou Diaby - i have hopes for him, although at this stage he needs to be becoming a viera like player(please god as good)
3.   Bacary Sagna- great first season
4.   Cesc Fabregas - is now world class
5.    Kolo Toure - lets keep him in the centre
6.    Philippe Senderos
7.    Tomas Rosicky- needs to stay injury free - but he is not as good as i had hoped he would be
9.     Eduardo- will be like a new player next year all being well
10.    William Gallas- less spoiled brat and more leadership like last night
11.    Robin Van Persie- needs a full season, a good euro 08 will put him in good shape
13.    Alexander Hleb- had a good season, although off the boil now. need to sort his head out is he staying or leaving
15.    Denilson- must become the player he has the potential to be
16.    Mathieu Flamini- the same as this year hopefully
17.    Alexandre Song- i think he can offer something, he has a great African cup
19.    Gilberto
20.    Johan Djourou - keep him as a back up player,he is versatile
21.    Lukasz Fabianski- i think can become number 1 but defo number 2 if we we off load
22.    Gael Clichy-needs not to overplay the ball, but developing well
24.    Manuel Almunia- i would get rid of him
25.    Emmanuel Adebayor- more of the same but maybe work on his offside trap?
26.    Nicklas Bendtner - keep for another year
27.    Emmanuel Eboue-
30.    Armand Traore- needs to follow clichys development
31.    Justin Hoyte
32.    Theo Walcott- needs to start becoming the player he has the potiental to be
        Kerrea Gilbert         
               Mark Randall- dont know enough about him yet?

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Main Street

When it is said that Wenger should get out his cheque book, does it mean that the Board had already provided cash for signings?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on April 09, 2008, 09:58:13 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 09, 2008, 04:35:04 AM
Lasy year when Chelsea drew 1-1 at the Erimrates to signal the end of Chelsea's championship chances, the Arsenal fans sang 'LIVERPOOL' to acclaim the Scousers CL victory over Chelsea. It's funny how these things can swing round.

So, in the hours that follow Chelsea's victory in the quarter finals of the CL you prefer to write in the Arsenal thread about some nondescript fan bantering at half four in the morning rather than contribute to the Chelsea thread whatsoever.

And who says Chelsea fans are plastic?

So it's ok for an Arsenal fan on here to post a personal insult about myself, but it's not ok for me to come and give a wee bit back?

Unfortuantely I was at work right through the night, so had very little time to contribute to the Chelsea thread on a game of which there is little to debate. Hopefully I'll find time to populate it tonight.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ildanach

Quote from: Main Street on April 09, 2008, 05:20:40 PM
When it is said that Wenger should get out his cheque book, does it mean that the Board had already provided cash for signings?

They have always maintained the money is there should he want it.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Flamini out for 3 weeks. Lehmann on the warpath. Anyone else thing Utd are going to twist the dagger in on Sunday?

I can see Walcott and Van Persie up front on Sunday.

ildanach

Quote from: ONeill on April 10, 2008, 05:22:52 PM
Flamini out for 3 weeks. Lehmann on the warpath. Anyone else thing Utd are going to twist the dagger in on Sunday?

I can see Walcott and Van Persie up front on Sunday.

nah, he will go with van persie and adebayor with walcot on the wing. senderos will get dropped and eboue will go to full back and toure to the centre
He will go with adebayor because of the aerial threat with ferdinand & vidic hopefully out!!

ExiledGael

Should have went that way on Tuesday. Ferdinand just cut his foot last night in a separate injury and should be fit.

ONeill

I think Adebayor might be benched for the simple reason that with 5 games left he'll try something different. For some reason he's persisting with Eboue in midfield. Diaby has played his way in.

hitzelsperger

hopefully he'll send senderos on the euro star to france on a one way ticket and ensure he doesnt come back...theo deserves his start and van persie didnt look anywhere near fit the other night so wil be interesting to see how he pulled up after the game...flamini will be massive loss, our best player this yr and deserves his big contract which i think he will get..

ONeill

Senderos is the sort of fellow who'll do a fine job for an average team. He actually stars for Switzerland. However, in order to play the type of game Arsenal do, you cannot have lads like him f**king about - you know when he plays he'll make at least two errors.

From the Bunker

Lads, its gone very quiet in here! Anyway look at the bright side Arsenal are out of all competitions, so this is the perfect opportunity for them to give the young lads at the club a run!  ;)

stew

The gonners are finished for yet another year, another champions league nightmare only sets up another loss fuelled by a penalty, the gonners are almost becoming the lovable losers of the premiership/champions league. The spuds better look out, the arse look to be trying to outdo them in the oveable losers bracket.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2008, 10:52:41 PM
The gonners are finished for yet another year, another champions league nightmare only sets up another loss fuelled by a penalty, the gonners are almost becoming the lovable losers of the premiership/champions league. The spuds better look out, the arse look to be trying to outdo them in the oveable losers bracket.

Look there are feck all clubs/fans who have sympathy for Arsenal. Sympathy is usually consigned to relegation battle clubs, And the Arse are light years away from that. If anything there is always a sense of pleasure for rivals to see their peers going through a bad patch.

Wenger has a big job ahead over the summer, in holding onto some of his gems, culling the herd of unwanted players and purchasing some quality as well as experience. I suppose Wenger has been a victim of the over-achievement of this group earlier in the season that gave supporters, players and the Media false hope. I do believe that the Gunners have been unlucky. But you'll often find being unlucky follows inexperience, hot heads, youth, belief, fear, Paranoia, weak mindset, etc.