Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

It looks like Lehman, Gilberto & Diarra could all be away in the January transfer window.

While losing Mad Jens & Gilberto to Germany & Italy probably wont hurt the gunners too much, Diarra going (possibly to Portsmouth) should be more of a concern.

Alliadiare at Middlesborough & Bentley at Blackburn have shown that there are better chances of first team football elsewhere in the premiership.

Wenger's policy of loaning players out to potential rivals may backfire on him if Djorou comes back from Birmingham to sit on the subs bench or play in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Loaning players out or playing them in the league cup, may give them more experience, but it is also the best shop window for your rivals.

Too many former young guns may come back to punish us unless we adopt a policy of only selling, or placing players on loan, to foreign leagues.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Two ex-gunners scored yesterday - Upson v Utd and Larsson. v Fulham.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

QuoteTwo ex-gunners scored yesterday - Upson v Utd and Larsson. v Fulham.

There must be at least 20 players in the premiership that came through the Arsenal Academy, what other club produces so many players of premiership standard if not necessarily top 4 standard......

Watched the Everton game in small pokey pub down in Wexford surrounded by funny looking one eyed people who all seem to be related, for some reason they all seem Man U fans, must have been a coincidence....anyway Arsenal were poor but to come away with a 4 -1 win will as Norf Tyrone says give the young goons tremendous belief...

Funny no one has mentioned the Man U Xmas party as an excuse for their poor form, since that party and the publicity their form has been brutal, I had always thought Manure would win the title although I think the tide is changing.....
#newbridgeornowhere

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 31, 2007, 12:21:04 PM
QuoteTwo ex-gunners scored yesterday - Upson v Utd and Larsson. v Fulham.

There must be at least 20 players in the premiership that came through the Arsenal Academy, what other club produces so many players of premiership standard if not necessarily top 4 standard......

Watched the Everton game in small pokey pub down in Wexford surrounded by funny looking one eyed people who all seem to be related, for some reason they all seem Man U fans, must have been a coincidence....anyway Arsenal were poor but to come away with a 4 -1 win will as Norf Tyrone says give the young goons tremendous belief...

Funny no one has mentioned the Man U Xmas party as an excuse for their poor form, since that party and the publicity their form has been brutal, I had always thought Manure would win the title although I think the tide is changing.....

My Fantasy Football Team is called OUT-GUNNED - all ex Goons at some stage of their careers...

Hahnemann
Campbell   
Lauren
Upson
Ljungberg
Muamba
Larsson
Sidwell
Kanu
Aliadiere
Anelka (C)

Taylor
Pennant
Djourou
Cole 

Norf Tyrone

Was Hahnamann a goon at one stage??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

QuoteWas Hahnamann a goon at one stage??

Subsitute Taylor for Hahnemann and you have your goalie.....

From the team below which is made up of ex Arsenal players not academy add in Bentlly  and Harper from the top of my head....more to follow when I sober up..

Just remembered Graham Stack, Reading goalie....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

spiritof91and94

Another good wins with the two centre men showing up well - another assist for cesc!
Good start to the year, especially after the evening result.

ONeill

QPR have announced the signing of Arsenal defender Matthew Connolly - another one bites the dust.

ONeill

Wouldn't have minded him 2-3 years ago.

Big Jens to make his farewell on Sunday in the cup?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ONeill on January 04, 2008, 02:21:32 PM
Wouldn't have minded him 2-3 years ago.

Big Jens to make his farewell on Sunday in the cup?

Just as long as he doesn't do anything stupid and were still in the cup on Monday....I hope he's professional enough not to "throw" anything...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02012008/58/greatest.html

Don't know if all you gooners have seen this but....TH was one of the greatest Gooners ever and I think we should all vote for him and see if we can get him in......
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME