Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesaysanchez

Another good win tonight, 1-0 over Ajax. Van Persie scored the winner in the 87th and was then taken out immediately after - looked serious. Ajax were extremely dirty throughout and seemed to target home-man RVP. AW lost the nut. With Adebayor out as well as this  - bad timing. Still, a second pre-season tournament trophy.

Second half coming up now on - mms://live.wm.arsenal.servecast.net/arsenal_wmlz_xx_secure_live450k

ONeill

Arse 2 Fulham 1

Same old same old. Own he ball, try to walk it into the net. Lehmann is a serious liability now. Hleb and Rosicky are talented ball players but their goals to shots ratio must be the worst in the league, that's when Hleb decides to shoot.

A win's a win.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Who's back-up keeper now at Arsenal? or will Wenger have any faith in him?
Lehmann is a real liability, laughable error today

Dinny Breen

Haven't seen the highlights yet so can't comment too much, will take the win and the belief this victory will give a young squad cannot be underestimated, 1 down with 7 mins to go and win 2 - 1, great stuff. The mad German is probably past it hopefully Fabianski is up to it, Wenger is odd when it comes to goalies and defending in general...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Is this fella sagna any good??
Tbc....

hitzelsperger

sagna is what wenger typically looks for in a full back, strong, athletic and fast.....he seems to be exact same type of player as eboue and lauren before him...saw few clips of them combining down the right against fulham, looked pretty good. also anyone see clichys run to set up RVP for goal in Ajax tournament, quality...heres to a big season where RVP will finish top goalscorer and player of the year to add to his CL medal :D

Dinny Breen

I reckon Wenger has a little cloning machine, he cloned Ashley Cole and so far Clichy, Hoyte, Eboue and Sagna have been produced. Must admit I like the look of Eboue and Sagna down the right..
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Did any of yiz read Charlie Nicholas' article in the Sunday World supplement....he fairly goes to town on Henry and his negative influence on the players in recent years.

ONeill

ONeill

Black 1 Arse 1

Hughes and Allardyce have Arsenal's number, and continue to kick the new 'steelier' Gunners around the field. Still, with Gallas (off early), Rosicky and Eboue out as well as Adebayor, will take that result. Big Jens is having a 'nare season so far:

Jens error - http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1271750

RVP goal - http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1271548

hitzelsperger

correct hardstation, thats 2 goals we've conceeded due to errors by the mad german, i knew wenger should have let him go at the end of the season, i always thought almunia was as good a keeper as JL and apparently this young polish keeper is showing promise but wil need a year or two. will be interesting to see if wenger 'rotates' goalkeepers for the next game

ONeill

ONeill

Arse 1 Manchester 0

Good start to the season continues. Serious defensive injury setbacks though. Bad enough losing Gallas, then Senderos does one warming up. Gilberto drafted in as emergency CB. A few mins in, Sagna collides with Flamini and he's off injured. Flamini covers for Sagna and Denilson comes on. Thought Fabregas was excellent - he seems to play better when Gilberto's around. Poor penalty by RVP. Hleb finally found a man after 519 attempts.

ONeill

Love Is All Around At The Emirates