Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

The three defeats to Kerry in the last 12 months or so have been the most disappointing results for years.

Kerry seem to enjoy hurling against us.
We need to stop conceding impossibly big scorelines.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 30, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
The three defeats to Kerry in the last 12 months or so have been the most disappointing results for years.

Kerry seem to enjoy hurling against us.
We need to stop conceding impossibly big scorelines.

I thought our best performance last year was the relegation match against Westmeath. Hopefully this will be a repeat. I believed we would struggle down in Tralee this year but am confident going to Portlaoise Saturday evening.

redsetanta

Same starting team named as the last day against Wexford. Bound to be changes so. I wonder will he play Cha at centreback again? Any sign of Picky or Matthew?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Target Man

massive game tomorrow. Dropping to division 2 would have a huge negative impact imo. Hopefully can do it. Not too sure about the Cha at 6 experiment, he's not a natural defender from what I've seen of him, and is a massive loss from forward line

clonadmad

7 points up,into the breeze and we now have the footballers disease,1 man down

clonadmad

Kerry goal with the last puck of the game to draw level,extra time

Clubber Lang

It's like Kerry have a heck on this Laois team. Enda needs to get his head back into the game after that error. Why he just didn't let sliotar go over bar I don't know. Hopefully he can redeem himself. It's a big ask to win this now after playing virtually the whole game with 14 men. Fair play to Kerry though-they never give up. 

burdizzo

In fairness to Enda, he'd just put over a point, and had pulled off a fantastic save earlier in the half. But yes, a bit of a disaster.

clonadmad

5m 20secs of injury time on top of extra time.

We definitely got our money's worth.

Clubber Lang

Great win and great heart shown by Laois team tonight. We can't ask much more of this panel as they gave everything. Deserved the victory I thought. Referee gave Kerry every chance with the amount of injury time played at the very end. It would have been some spectacle to watch a free taking shoot out but I'm not sure my nerves would have taken it.

burdizzo

I think Leix looked the better team overall, but the effort of playing most of the match w/ 14, and that freak goal nearly did for them. Mighty relieved, but well, well done!

Just to add, and with reference to the suggestion on here that Cahir Healy ditch the hurlers for the footballers - I thought he did an enormous amount of work in defence tonight. His determination and doggedness stood out a mile, and I for one hope he sticks w/ the hurlers!

SCFC

That will probably go down as a decent enough league for the hurlers. Win over Offaly, win over Kerry when it counted most. Decent show in Wexford.
OK, the Galway and Limerick results were bad but we blooded plenty of players and have to be looking forward to the championship now.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on April 01, 2017, 11:31:06 PM
That will probably go down as a decent enough league for the hurlers. Win over Offaly, win over Kerry when it counted most. Decent show in Wexford.
OK, the Galway and Limerick results were bad but we blooded plenty of players and have to be looking forward to the championship now.

Exactly. Unfortunately for the moment this is what we have to aspire to-beat the teams around us and put up a couple of good shows against the "bigger teams".
It's still a hell of a lot better than yo-yoing between Division 2A & Division 1B.

We need to shore up at the back big time.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

steven seagal

Well holy f**k that was an incredible game of hurling.

Helix

Good to see them retain status with many new lads blooded over the campaign. They've earned their pints for the weekend. Hopefully a good round robin and leinster championship awaits!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail