Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogie

Wasn't at it dunno who hurled well but Scully & Downey were on the possibles team, Fleming went off with an eye or facial injury, hopefully be ok for the weekend after it looks like he might retain the no.1 jersey.
For the first time in I don't know how many years, or maybe ever put forward unit is much stronger than our defence, Massive inexperience back there, against the  better teams I'd fear for our full back line especially.
Realistically our whole year and probably Kellys reign depends on these first two games.

honest hurler

ogie
you are right by saying that our backs are off the mark but then we are trying out a few newcomers
downey i would not drop he is a very honest player there is plenty of room for scully i do think that we will
beat kerry offaly will be a different ball game

hurlingmad

Quote from: honest hurler on February 06, 2017, 02:32:13 PM
ogie
you are right by saying that our backs are off the mark but then we are trying out a few newcomers
downey i would not drop he is a very honest player there is plenty of room for scully i do think that we will
beat kerry offaly will be a different ball game
From what iv seen in the walsh cup i am impressed by eanna lyons work rate, he wont set the scoreboard alight but he has a good work rate amd good under a high ball

blueandwhite1

Quote from: clonadmad on February 05, 2017, 03:58:02 PM
Minor Challenge in Portlaoise,yesterday

Laois 0-07 Tipperary 5-27

By all accounts, and results, this is quite a weak minor team. Seemingly the U14 and U16 teams coming up after them are much more promising.

redsetanta

While we'd all want to see our best 15 on the field it is good to have some decent options from the bench. Having the likes of Downey and Lyons to come in if needed is what's required nowadays. Most of us would differ on a starting 15 but realistically it's a 18-20 man game and good lads on the bench are important.
We had alotof debutants in the football against Louth and things didn't work out. Maybe a slight bit of caution regarding experience and not throwing too many lads in from the start.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

honest hurler

yes i agree we have a few players now to come in and its looking good for all our sake lets get behind our hurlers now and work with what we have bear in mind we still have a couple of top class players out there but some clubs still put themselves first pity

Unlaoised

Lyons was very decent underage and has talent ...He will work hard but lads saying he is strong under the high ball??

For his size(he must be 6-2 or more)I think at the moment he is weak enough ...

Is he any relation to the physio Enda Lyons who runs in on the field to attend players the last few years with Laois?
LAOIS ABÚ

Camarillo Brillo

I agree with with that, at the moment he is weak enough, he needs more time to develop properly.

He is a son of Enda Lyons.

Helix

See Picky Maher scoring 3.12 today for IT Carlow and PJ Scully coming off bench and getting 1.1. Hopefully firing on all cylinders for Sunday.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Picky has been the scorer in chief for IT Carlow this year. Thats some personal tally though. We're going to need him on the next two weekends.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

IT Carlow obviously went for it tonight to outscore Marys'. How did it finish up? Did they top the group?

Helix

Quote from: redsetanta on February 07, 2017, 10:18:01 PM
IT Carlow obviously went for it tonight to outscore Marys'. How did it finish up? Did they top the group?

Finished 2nd. They play UL in q final. All up on hoganstand website.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

clonadmad

Quote from: Helix on February 07, 2017, 10:33:32 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on February 07, 2017, 10:18:01 PM

Finished 2nd. They play UL in q final. All up on hoganstand website.

They will earn it against UL

Unlaoised

Kerry missing 5 or 6 keys players I hear this could be a chance to lay down a marker in this division ...Must win game as is Offaly after it!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

I don't think it's about laying down a marker as realistically there are only two games that we can win. Kerry away and Offaly at home. It's hard to think that our interest in the league starts Sunday and finishes the following Saturday evening at 9pm because these are the only games that really matter win or lose.
If we manage to win both we have a very good chance of staying up even though Offaly could get something from their other games as they are capable of that. Our form in the league is brutal outside of the likes of Kerry, Offaly, Antrim, Carlow etc so we will not pick up points anywhere else.
I'd love to be proved wrong but can't see it happening. Win the first two and avoid any big defeats in the event it goes to points difference.