Under age amalgamation

Started by Portbush, August 31, 2016, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

County baller

Quote from: SCFC on September 23, 2016, 06:22:38 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves.

Talks at a very advanced stage with u8's up to u21's hurling in the Jersey,being trained in Clonad and with the  club also supplying the mentors across all the age groups,a great boost for the club and also for hurling in the county.
Clonad have joined with Park Ratheniska and Timahoe at underage hurling for years. Would this be leaving them in the lurch a bit?

Ratheniska U12s left Clonad this year to try field their own hurling team leaving Clonad with only 10 players. This has really destabilised the relationship between the two clubs and has forced Clonad to look elsewhere.

clonadmad

Your right Baller

A delegation came over from Ratheniska back in February looking for training to be done half the time over there

There was nothing wrong up to that with us doing  everything and they sitting back and letting us do it,at the end of the day they are a football club in the main similar to the Heath and  Timahoe and we would have the hurling knowledge,results at u14 level in particular,would bear that out.

We need to do what's right by our club first,no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years

Keyser Söze

Talks at a very advanced stage with u8's up to u21's hurling in the Jersey,being trained in Clonad and with the  club also supplying the mentors across all the age groups,a great boost for the club and also for hurling in the county.

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 07:34:24 PM
no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years

This is obviously a WUM.
Why would Colt or Shanahoe do that when they have a very solid, longterm, and relatively successful underage set up themselves.
Also both clubs compete at a higher adult grade than Clonad.

Admirable commitment in attempting to keep the wind up going but surely not too many here buying it?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Far from a wind up,Clonad approached both clubs at the start of the year with regard to a full juvenile hurling amalgamation from u8's to u21's.

Clonad has been very up front with regards training and mentors being Clonad based,this has worked very well for us in our previous amalgamation and we would be insistent that it would continue.

You might have your doubts,but this amalgamation is very close to being finalized.

County baller

Your right Baller

A delegation came over from Ratheniska back in February looking for training to be done half the time over there

There was nothing wrong up to that with us doing  everything and they sitting back and letting us do it,at the end of the day they are a football club in the main similar to the Heath and  Timahoe and we would have the hurling knowledge,results at u14 level in particular,would bear that out.

We need to do what's right by our club first,no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years

I'd love to think that they would wear our jersey but realistically I don't see it happening. They have a successful amalgamation going themselves. A more realistic aim would be to talk to Ratheniska and Timahoe, get them to put in a better effort and ensure nothing like this year happens again. Another option which would be less popular would be to continue Clonad as an intermediate team and approach Portlaoise to enter a Gaels hurling team to give our players better standard of hurling. I don't see the second happening any time soon so our options are limited!!!

Keyser Söze

On a related note I see Ballyfin have their own U12 football team? And there is also a team called Sarsfields- are they just Mountmellick?

Ballyroan Abbey

From what was told colt and shanahoe are going with ballypickas right up to u21 next year, have been with them up until u16 the last few years
From what i know of the colt lads they cant stand clonad people, and given that colt/shanahoe have been continusly beating clonad and playing at a higher level than them for the majority of the last 15 years i couldnt imagine them going to let their players play with clonad without any say

Downtheroad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 23, 2016, 08:15:18 PM

no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years

This is obviously a WUM.
Why would Colt or Shanahoe do that when they have a very solid, longterm, and relatively successful underage set up themselves.

Admirable commitment in attempting to keep the wind up going but surely not too many here buying it?
I don't agree with everyone's view on this forum but most are made in good faith and are valid. No need for trolls here.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Downtheroad on September 23, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 23, 2016, 08:15:18 PM

This is obviously a WUM.

I don't agree with everyone's view on this forum but most are made in good faith and are valid. No need for trolls here.

Who is trolling?
This is clearly not a genuine proposal/possibility.

Helix

Before a juvenile club was set up in Clonad some players played in raheen under Colt Shanahoe to my knowledge and others in portlaoise. I don't believe truth in advanced talks regarding an amalgamation.

There is a bit of annoyance this year in Clonad with Park Ratheniska at under 12 that division 1 hurling as an amalgamation at 12s grade was compromised so Park could hurl Division 3 and hockey football teams and under 11 teams. Not worth a sh*te in the long run and I'm sure plenty would agree on this forum to have teams competing at highest level is best way for progression of hurling.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

burdizzo

Yes, that is absolutely a bag of lies - there is no 'advanced talk' between Clonad and Colt. I could speculate at the reasons for trying to put that out there, but I think it rather foolish to spread untruths on a forum like this.

Neiska Man

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 06:33:07 PM
We approached both colt and shanahoe before the start of this season with a view to forming a more concrete amalgamation for 8's up to u21's.

Quote from: County baller on September 23, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
Ratheniska U12s left Clonad this year to try field their own hurling team leaving Clonad with only 10 players. This has really destabilised the relationship between the two clubs and has forced Clonad to look elsewhere.

It was quite an achievement for Park/Ratheniska to destabilise the relationship when, if you were to believe what has been stated above, Clonad went to Colt and Shanahoe at the start of this year to form an amalgamation.

I won't comment anymore on here, as I think its a disgrace to see something like this discussed on a messageboard by people with agendas hiding behind anonymous usernames. It would do well for some to remember that in the 80's and 90's, it was Ratheniska who catered for Clonad hurlers, both by coaching and using facilities and jerseys, and sought no kudos for doing so. We gave lads an outlet to hurl and had fun doing so, that's what it's about.

If there is an issue to be dealt with, it is a matter for the Committees of both Clubs. It shames both of us to see some of the talk on here. And it downright disgusts me that on the weekend when we lost a former chairman and secretary far too young, a man who was directly reaponsible for coaching many a man who went onto hurl adult level for Clonad, that I have to come on here and address this horseshit. Whoever is pushing this is no degree of a man.

burdizzo

Yes. In fact, I would be surprised if "clonadmad" was a Clonad man at all.

County baller

Quote from: Neiska Man on September 25, 2016, 02:27:37 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 06:33:07 PM
We approached both colt and shanahoe before the start of this season with a view to forming a more concrete amalgamation for 8's up to u21's.

Quote from: County baller on September 23, 2016, 07:17:04 PM

I apologise if you mis-understood my comment. Before this year Clonad had not approached Colt looking to form an amalgamation. 1. Colt would not be interested and 2. We have a perfectly sound amalgamation at most levels and it is only at U12 level that there has been friction. By looking elsewhere I was referring to the amalgamation our U12 team formed with Na Fianna for Kilkenny league games.

It was quite an achievement for Park/Ratheniska to destabilise the relationship when, if you were to believe what has been stated above, Clonad went to Colt and Shanahoe at the start of this year to form an amalgamation.

I won't comment anymore on here, as I think its a disgrace to see something like this discussed on a messageboard by people with agendas hiding behind anonymous usernames. It would do well for some to remember that in the 80's and 90's, it was Ratheniska who catered for Clonad hurlers, both by coaching and using facilities and jerseys, and sought no kudos for doing so. We gave lads an outlet to hurl and had fun doing so, that's what it's about.

If there is an issue to be dealt with, it is a matter for the Committees of both Clubs. It shames both of us to see some of the talk on here. And it downright disgusts me that on the weekend when we lost a former chairman and secretary far too young, a man who was directly reaponsible for coaching many a man who went onto hurl adult level for Clonad, that I have to come on here and address this horseshit. Whoever is pushing this is no degree of a man.

Downtheroad

Hard to know what to make of under 17 football final today. St Pauls/Rock won under 16 and minor and managed to lose the one in between in no uncertain terms. Some strange decisions made today by their management team which smacked of politics with lads who played in minor final not even starting or on the bench. I believe The Rock had only one player togged out. One way or another Port were deserving winners and indicates that Courtwood and Emo will have to join at adult level to become a genuine force.