Westmeath v Derry. Round Two Qualifier. July 10th/11th

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 28, 2010, 02:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Disarray in the Derry camp (apparently) and Westmeath beaten by the wee county at the weekend.  Home advantage might swing it in WM's favour.
In your Endo!

lynchbhoy

...and john macs pub (I think its called) beside the Dunnes stores shopping centre and beside the football grounds is a great wee pub for a pint adn a bit of food !
Looking forward to this !
Derry aren't Derry without disarray !
:)

Midlands Man

Reckon Derry could badly do with Bradley for this one , wont be easy..

shark

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 28, 2010, 05:29:11 PM
...and john macs pub (I think its called) beside the Dunnes stores shopping centre and beside the football grounds is a great wee pub for a pint adn a bit of food !

A victim of the recession I'm afraid. Shut a few months ago.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: shark on June 28, 2010, 09:30:31 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 28, 2010, 05:29:11 PM

A victim of the recession I'm afraid. Shut a few months ago.
feck, was only in it there about 4 months ago - a fantastic spot !

ok, its Danny whatshisnames  (dunnes?) instead on the main st

gerrykeegan

Danny Byrnes is where your thinking about, its a kip go past it and walk further up the main street to the west, get to the market square 100 yards from Dannys and there you will find the best pub in Mullingar, Canton Caseys.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

quit yo jibbajabba

ffs, first few entries on a new thread, all about drinkin/pubs, is it any wonder our star player fell off the wagon with eejits like yous about

;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2010, 10:36:29 AM
ffs, first few entries on a new thread, all about drinkin/pubs, is it any wonder our star player fell off the wagon with eejits like yous about
;D
our supporters who might want to have a drink or two before/after the game are in a perfect position to do so, they are not playing.
what this has to do with the players I am not quite sure...

I will be driving so wont be drinking - will prob also have my oul lad and two nephews there with me.
So quityourjibberjabber - go and quit your jibber jabber !!

GerryK - Caseys decent pub, but more talent was in Danny Byrnes - def better now since its gone all dark an 'gothic' as opposed to the discobar it was 15 years ago !

quit yo jibbajabba

lynchboy, please take heed of smiley faces before you go off on one of your elongated replies........ ;D

thebuzz

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 28, 2010, 02:51:08 PM
Disarray in the Derry camp (apparently) and Westmeath beaten by the wee county at the weekend.  Home advantage might swing it in WM's favour.

Despite getting beat by Louth, Westmeath look a lot better this year than they did last year. Wish the same could be said for Derry. We would need to improve a lot for another way game.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 29, 2010, 12:48:42 PM
;D
our supporters who might want to have a drink or two before/after the game are in a perfect position to do so, they are not playing.

I will be driving so wont be drinking - will prob also have my oul lad and two nephews there with me.

GerryK - Caseys decent pub, but more talent was in Danny Byrnes - def better now since its gone all dark an 'gothic' as opposed to the discobar it was 15 years ago !

he started off talking about drink, now he's talking about fanny - you can take the boy out of derry, but.................

BTW, there is a match on !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 29, 2010, 10:06:47 AM
Danny Byrnes is where your thinking about, its a kip go past it and walk further up the main street to the west, get to the market square 100 yards from Dannys and there you will find the best pub in Mullingar, Canton Caseys.

And you'll also get the opportunity to get your picture taken with Joe...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2010, 12:59:31 PM
lynchboy, please take heed of smiley faces before you go off on one of your elongated replies........ ;D
jeezuz that wasnt long....have you not seen one of my wee rants !!
:D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 29, 2010, 01:32:18 PM
;D

he started off talking about drink, now he's talking about fanny - you can take the boy out of derry, but.................

BTW, there is a match on !
can you imagine what I was like BEFORE I got married !!

when I used to go boozing I'd be looking for a good pub that had plenty of talent to look at - you might as well try to get all your wants sorted out in the same place. While handy like for near closing time too !

as for there being a game on, I know , I have been to a few Derry games this weekend, If I was a sigle man travelling down from the mountainy homeland , I'd want to have some other sorts of attractions (booze and chicks) to placate me if we continue playing the same was as the first 6 months of the season !

turk

;D

Dark and gothic indeed! Bring a miner's helmet or guide dog to get around in it!