Castledawson
1 (33.3%)
Steelstown
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

noskill

Quote from: halfway on September 28, 2010, 01:51:12 PM
Who will win the IFC in 2010?
Castledawson are a senior team,and will be wanting to go back to div 1 in style.

clubland

The dawson, steelstown foul a lot and slow the game down when the other teams try to play football, the dawson will have learned from there defeat earlier, steelstown very overrated,

Man of Steel

The only winner here was Ciaran Brolly .. he refereed the game the way we all expected and most likely got a pat on the back and a golden handshake from the county board .. absolute disgrace.

I am quite sure Castledawson would have perferred a fair game won on their own skills .. rather than with the aid of the referee .. they know it was wrong when the Castledawson captin acknowledging that there were some dubious decisions that didn't go Steelstowns way.

Well done Steelstown .. you won the game .. it was the ref who lost it for you.

Squareball71

Quote from: Man of Steel on October 03, 2010, 10:14:18 PM
The only winner here was Ciaran Brolly .. he refereed the game the way we all expected and most likely got a pat on the back and a golden handshake from the county board .. absolute disgrace.

I am quite sure Castledawson would have perferred a fair game won on their own skills .. rather than with the aid of the referee .. they know it was wrong when the Castledawson captin acknowledging that there were some dubious decisions that didn't go Steelstowns way.

You are right in every respect with regards to team and referee. Pity the majority of your supporters are a bunch of soccer infested, chanting, booing morons who have brought their thuggish Brandywell mentality to our games. They were a disgrace on Saturday booing every free C'Dawson took and this chanting of cheat. While i sympathise with the players on Saturday, the same can't be said for the supporters.

AlriteHorse

Is it safe for a Claudy man to post on here?

Unlucky at the weekend Man Of Steel. Good friends with a lot of your players and been hearing pretty much the same from the lot of them. (Maybe not as harsh as the words being said on here...but pretty much along the same lines.)
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

white van sth derry man

Quote from: Man of Steel on October 03, 2010, 10:14:18 PM

now thats just stupid castledawson were by far the better footballing side on sat and u can cry about the referee all u want but steelstown equally got handy frees. dont here much about that ejit manager on the pitch to stop a castledawson free kick. dawson deserved it and u's all are tryin to take it away from them. better team won thats a fair result in my eyes. steelstown commiserations great bunch of fella's and i can see them winning county title in near future

GaryColemansLeftPeg

Quote from: Squareball71 on October 04, 2010, 11:11:12 AM
Pity the majority of your supporters are a bunch of soccer infested, chanting, booing morons who have brought their thuggish Brandywell mentality to our games.

Ah right enough, I have never heard that sort of behaviour at a game where a City side hasn't been involved...... ::)

Them boys from the City and their soccer :-[

Man of Steel

You can't blame the supporters for getting frustrated with Brolly. Anyone who was at the game will tell you that nearly all the free's went Castledawson's way and no bookings and there was a couple of harsh challenges that deserved a card. However I can't take away Dawson's last 2 points .. that was their best points of the game. I believe if the ref had been fair it would have been a much better game for both teams. Steelstown should have held on for the last 2 minutes.

I take your point .. stupid behaviour from the side line stepping onto the pitch.

Don't agree with the crap about soccer, there was plenty of decent people that came out to support the team that couldn't believe how corrupt Brolly was .. but for anyone who knows him ..this was nailed on from the start.

Disappointed for the lads .. they worked hard and deserved a fair chance at the game and they didn't get that.

Squareball71

Quote from: Man of Steel on October 05, 2010, 12:04:44 AM
You can't blame the supporters for getting frustrated with Brolly. Anyone who was at the game will tell you that nearly all the free's went Castledawson's way and no bookings and there was a couple of harsh challenges that deserved a card. However I can't take away Dawson's last 2 points .. that was their best points of the game. I believe if the ref had been fair it would have been a much better game for both teams. Steelstown should have held on for the last 2 minutes.

I take your point .. stupid behaviour from the side line stepping onto the pitch.

Don't agree with the crap about soccer, there was plenty of decent people that came out to support the team that couldn't believe how corrupt Brolly was .. but for anyone who knows him ..this was nailed on from the start.

Disappointed for the lads .. they worked hard and deserved a fair chance at the game and they didn't get that.

The booing of the Castledawson free takers and cheering if they missed had nothing to do with the referee.

Man of Steel

It has everything to do with the referee.

If the game was ref'd fairly from the start do you think the supporters backs would have been up. It was as if the ref was the 16th Dawson man .. that's why the supporters reacted the way they did.

If it was the other way around .. you would have had the same reaction and I guarantee the Steelstown supporters would have been quiet.

It's a passionate game and it brings out emotions and reactions that you don't normally display. It was also a big game for both clubs and to win would have meant a lot. I would say never mind the booing .. if you listen to some of the language on the stands .. booing is the least of your worries.

There's no point labouring the issue .. the game is over and we both know the ref spoilt it.

fer fox ache

Folks I was a neutral at the match, no axe to grind with either club but there's no doubt Steelstown got a raw deal. The referee was atrocious, really, really bad - he pretty much shafted Steelstown from start to finish.
I reckon he was worth a four point swing in Castledawson's favour, Steelstown lost by a point - as the yanks woud say you do the math.

Squareball71

I'm in full agreement with you regarding the referee. He robbed Steelstown big time. I never disputed that. All i'm saying is the booing when opposition are taking free's and cheering when they miss has no part in our games. I sympathise with Steelstown regardin Brolly but no excuse for the rest of it.

bat

REFEREE AT MATCH . REFEREEING WAS AS ONE SIDED AS YOU COULD GET. HE GAVE ALL THE THE BIG CALLS TO CASTLEDAWSON