?
9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

noskill

Quote from: halfway on September 28, 2010, 01:52:08 PM
Who will win the JFC trophy in 2010?
Ardmore have more know how,Doire Trasna have youth and fitness on their side and would be favourites. Should be a good game.The city Gaels should be out in strength with Steelstown on after.

ExcellentDriver

Why was he not a regular in the Derry Team for the past 10 Years or so? He's a class act throughout the Year and was easily the best player on the Field during the Ballinderry V Lavey game at Glen on Sunday.

I think John Brennan has played a blinder by reintroducing him to the Derry panel. Now the likes of Deets and Enda are showing their Ballinderry form with the County Side.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

The Doire Geal

What's the views on this years u21 championships?

should they be run off at the start of the year?
who's favourite for football, and for hurling?

Fishmonger

Would have Slaughtneil as favourites for U-21 Hurling and Ballinderry with their senior contingent would be shoe ins in my eyes!

The Doire Geal

Ballinderry with their senior contingent might not, surely if they beat the cross all efforts would be placed on that?

Silver hill

I'm not a fan of Mullan and would also have question marks surrounding his appointment, however he would have played no part in the hearings process. Duffy was retrospectively sanctioned using the county board's own DVD evidence. I don't think that any right minded Gael would have a problem with his ban even if it had only been that photograph. There would have been enough cccc personnel there who would have seen the incident live. If Duffy or foreglen have anything in them, they should accept the decision.

Silver hill

Didn't mean this to be a separate thread before you start!

TransitVanMan

Quite frankly I'm embarrassed for our club.

Considering what we have been excused this year, to turn around and petition for sanction against other players is hypocritical to say the least!!
Get in the Van!

bigball

Quote from: TransitVanMan on October 18, 2013, 02:48:56 PM

Considering what we have been excused this year, to turn around and petition for sanction against other players is hypocritical to say the least!!

I would very much doubt that you're a Glen man as your posts show you have serious issues with the club!

Also please get your facts right - Glen club have made no petition for sanction and have never been in contact with the the county board or CCC re. the Duffy incident. That's not to say any tears have been shed on his suspension.

screenexile

Quote from: bigball on October 18, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

I would very much doubt that you're a Glen man as your posts show you have serious issues with the club!

Also please get your facts right - Glen club have made no petition for sanction and have never been in contact with the the county board or CCC re. the Duffy incident. That's not to say any tears have been shed on his suspension.

Ah here do you not think the player in question posting a photo of the incident was the main factor in the suspension?!

bigball

Quote from: screenexile on October 18, 2013, 05:43:54 PM

Ah here do you not think the player in question posting a photo of the incident was the main factor in the suspension?!

That may/may not be the case but how is does that infer that Glen Club have been petitioning for sanctions against Duffy? The player in question wasn't acting on behalf of the Glen club. It was done in a personal capacity (and IMO was 100% correct in doing so).

TransitVanMan

Strange that, in your rush to cast aspersions about me, you chose not to challenge my first point.

Play the ball not the man (pun intended).
Get in the Van!

Mrs mills

If this player returns, having turned over a new leaf, he should not be targeted by opponents nor by supporters. If he proves to be the proverbial leopard, then he should never play again. Let's hope he uses his considerable talent to play football in the spirit of the game.

Wildweasel74

nobody will target him, he plays the football he have no problems, i rate this man as a good footballer and a year in the top league will see if he has anything to offer Derry