The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver hill

Jesus Christ Wales have carried some luck in this tournament

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Silver hill on March 20, 2021, 09:46:26 PM
Jesus Christ Wales have carried some luck in this tournament

It's actually ridiculous. French try held up. Wales one wasn't oh and another red card. I seriously hope France can do this but not likely with the Wales ref love in

Silver hill

The time taken in rugby for a scrum is ridiculous

JPGJOHNNYG

Silver hill

France deserved that. Luck couldn't hold

sid waddell

Wales lose the Grand Slam two minutes into injury time!

This match, this match, you won't see better sport all year

Rudi

Delighted for France well deserved,  Wales got what they deserved. Very enjoyable game.

Rich Ricci

Some guts shown by France there at the end. Many a France team would have folded much earlier. They never gave up and stuck to their style of play and got the reward. Credit to them. Great game.

gallsman

whitegoodman

I think it's fair to say that taking Italy out of the equation it's been a brilliant tournament.

Imagine a tournament with S Africa replacing Italy.

dublin7

People criticising JGP for the kicking the ball deep in the last minute against Scotland seen tonight why he did so. Wales tried to play keep ball, were penalized and it cost them the grand slam.

Crazy finish to a crazy game. Rec and officals did well to keep control of that as it was chaos in The last 10 minutes

screenexile

That was class!!! Had bet nobody to win Grand Slam so was bouncing round the room at the end just brilliant.

Rudi

Pure savagery from Genge on Sexton.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitegoodman on March 20, 2021, 10:12:40 PM
I think it's fair to say that taking Italy out of the equation it's been a brilliant tournament.

Imagine a tournament with S Africa replacing Italy.
I would much prefer South Africa to stay in their lane, which is the Southern Hemisphere and its championship

Don't like the South African teams being in the Pro 14

Georgia should be given the chance to take Italy's place, should be a play off with the winners of a second tier championship up against the bottom team in the Six Nations, which let's face, is going to be Italy every year for the foreseeable future

This year's Six Nations shows the value of competitive free to air television sport

It also shows the value of having a particular niche in the calendar - the GAA will soon find this out

Of course they're going to go and balls it up now by putting matches behind a paywall

whitegoodman

What is the point having Georgia in the tournament?  They might beat Italy 6 out of 10 but will provide little resistance to the other nations similar to Italy.

South Africa will improve the other nations and bring the six nations to another level similar to what it should do for the pro 14.  The pro 14 is basically the Irish inter pros at the minute given the lack of quality in the Welsh and Scottish clubs.