Another Kerry player fails a doping test

Started by Il Bomber Destro, May 28, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Any word on which player failed the drugs test and which county they are from?

Surely a third strike for Kerry would open to some huge questions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

oliverkelly

Quote from: Angelo on April 25, 2020, 10:15:21 PM
Heard it was a player from an Ulster county in Divison 1

Angelo

Quote from: oliverkelly on April 26, 2020, 12:38:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 25, 2020, 10:15:21 PM
Heard it was a player from an Ulster county in Divison 1

Which county?

It said the player was in their 30s.

Think Colm Cavanagh and McCrory are the only players on the Tyrone panel in their 30s. Don't think McCrory has played during the league yet.
For Donegal you'd have McGee and Murphy who have played this year.
Monaghan you'd have Darren Hughes, McManus and maybe Drew Wylie?

Good of you to narrow it down to around 5 players.

oliverkelly

That's all I know. I didn't actually hear which player it was but was informed it was an Ulster based player that came from a sports journalist.

Angelo

Quote from: oliverkelly on April 26, 2020, 01:51:43 PM
That's all I know. I didn't actually hear which player it was but was informed it was an Ulster based player that came from a sports journalist.

From a Div 1 county?

That would mean it's a Donegal, Monaghan or Tyrone payer according to your source.

The Trap

GetOverTheBar

Failing a test doesn't necessarily mean tested positive for something that enhances sporting performance. It could have been recreational.

ck

Which sports journo said this?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on April 26, 2020, 05:16:19 PM

From a Div 1 county?

That would mean it's a Donegal, Monaghan or Tyrone payer according to your source.

Lower league player according to the examiner today.

Angelo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 27, 2020, 12:21:53 PM

From a Div 1 county?

So Oliver Kelly's source thinks that he's a bit of a godhelpus and fed him load of codswallop?

TheGreatest

From a Div 1 county?

Division 4.

balladmaker

Quote from: TheGreatest on April 27, 2020, 01:40:38 PM

From a Div 1 county?

Division 4.

Antrim then by powers of deduction ...

themac_23

Just a question, if a player is banned for 'Failing a drugs test' are they still able to play club football?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: themac_23 on April 27, 2020, 03:26:41 PM
Just a question, if a player is banned for 'Failing a drugs test' are they still able to play club football?

No. The Irish Sports Council will give a ban, which the GAA is to uphold on all competitions against the players registration.

It gets a bit murky if you then transfer abroad as an Irish Ban on an amateur game is hardly likely to be upheld, even though the player is for all intents and purposes banned from GAA games.

themac_23

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 27, 2020, 03:40:54 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on April 27, 2020, 03:26:41 PM

No. The Irish Sports Council will give a ban, which the GAA is to uphold on all competitions against the players registration.

It gets a bit murky if you then transfer abroad as an Irish Ban on an amateur game is hardly likely to be upheld, even though the player is for all intents and purposes banned from GAA games.

Just find it unfair that players are held to a different standard, for example a player who's on a county panel can get banned for taking a supplement yet his brother cousin who plays on the same club team and takes the same supplement isn't bound by the same testing rules, surely that cant be right. i understand that its probably to do with grants and that which are available to county players but it just doesn't sit right with me