Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 07:32:40 PM
Andy Moran a tad greedy there, should either passed to the man inside or take his point, goal was never on

Couldn't help but think a Kerry forward wouldn't have been as selfish.

Captain Obvious

The two goals were killers. Very little excitement to that second half however if Mayo defend as well against Dublin they could reach another All Ireland final.

Wildweasel74

So Murphy tries his best to get a man sent off with game over and suceeds, Hardly a red card in my opinion, wouldnt give a yellow for it.

CD

Well done Mayo. Could easily have won by a much larger margin. O'Shea's goal had a huge impact on this game and Keegan's attempt seemed to have knocked the stuffing out of Donegal. Hope all Mayo's poor shooting and decision making was got out of their system in that second half and they'll compete well with the Dubs! Daft sending off there. Ref had no choice.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Well done Mayo, looking forward to this semi now, genuinely feel Mayo can make the final

If Gilroy was Dublin manager Id feel a hell of alot more confident

twohands!!!

Stop asking Jim about Mayo - we want to hear his thoughts on Donegal

Gimmearunout

Mark mc hugh caught out badly for the two goals. He was in a position to tackle for both but didn't do enough. 

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 08, 2015, 07:40:37 PM

Would he be sick if Gallagher managed to land Sam without him................................... Id imagine so

twohands!!!

Does the blanket side have serious structural flaws when it comes up against a half-back line on form, like today?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 08, 2015, 07:43:36 PM
Does the blanket side have serious structural flaws when it comes up against a half-back line on form, like today?

Tiredness has structural flaws.........................Donegal looked deflated. Few retirements Id imagine

twohands!!!

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 08, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on August 08, 2015, 07:40:37 PM

Would he be sick if Gallagher managed to land Sam without him................................... Id imagine so

Yeah Donegal going out at his stage doesn't exactly do much to harm McGuinness's Messiah reputation.
Can anyone confirm if McGuinness actually referred to Gallagher by name on Sky at any stage?
Would be one hell of a trick to pull off?

INDIANA

You need legs to do it. It's the end of the road.

I'm say Jim is going for a few pints on his own now to celebrate his Messiah like status

Itchy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 07:35:53 PM
So Murphy tries his best to get a man sent off with game over and suceeds, Hardly a red card in my opinion, wouldnt give a yellow for it.
A definite red, a right hook to the jaw and not the face palm got him sent off. Incredibly stupid for the Mayo player. Murphy didn't dive on the ground so I'm not sure what you are on about.

twohands!!!

Quote from: INDIANA on August 08, 2015, 07:47:40 PM

You need legs to do it. It's the end of the road.

I'm say Jim is going for a few pints on his own now to celebrate his Messiah like status

I definitely think the small/concentrated nature of Donegal's squad (which is a massively legacy of McGuinness's) was a significant contribution to Donegal's tiredness. Look back to the start of the league and how Donegal's core players were pretty much all used from the get-go in the league. Compare that to Dublin and Kerry who rested a number of big players in the league.