The OFFICIAL Ulster Rugby Thread

Started by Myles Na G., October 21, 2009, 10:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Walter Cronc

Poor decision by ref to red card Payne. The intention wasn't there with his eyes fixed on the ball.

screenexile

Can any Rugby heads explain to me how that was a red??

Ridiculous decision his eyes are on the ball the whole time and absolutely no malice in it whatsoever. Looks like the 1 away victory in the Heineken QF is about to happen ... Good luck Leinster!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on April 05, 2014, 06:54:48 PM

Ridiculous decision his eyes are on the ball the whole time and absolutely no malice in it whatsoever. Looks like the 1 away victory in the Heineken QF is about to happen ... Good luck Leinster!
According to my sourced (Brian Moore on twitter) there is nothing in the law about intent therefore it can't come into the ref's decision.

Walter Cronc

It was a yellow. A red was a shocking decision. His eyes are fixed on the ball to the very split second before impact.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 05, 2014, 07:12:47 PM

According to my sourced (Brian Moore on twitter) there is nothing in the law about intent therefore it can't come into the ref's decision.

Moore wouldn't be known for his impartiality now ... And he's a twat!

Sidney

It was reckless and showed no duty of care for his opponent - he could easily have paralysed him from the neck down, like happened to that Australian rugby league player last week.

When I saw it I immediately thought red.

screenexile

Ah here! Chalk and cheese!! The Aussie player was lifted and pushed head first into the ground.

Payne had his eyes on the ball the whole time and obviosuly didn't see the guy in the air til the last minute as he smashed his head against your mans thigh. Foul and yellow all day long but a red was ridiculous. Its a fast paced high intensity game. The ref allowed himself to be influenced by the outcome rather than the act itself.

Having said that it will be interesting to see if Ulster hold out. Fascinating 2nd half in store!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Sidney on April 05, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
It was reckless and showed no duty of care for his opponent - he could easily have paralysed him from the neck down, like happened to that Australian rugby league player last week.

Sidney on the wind yet again.

Wildweasel74

It was red, intent doesnt come into it!, same sort of incident the welsh lad done in the world cup with a dump tackle, wasnt intentional but was very dangerous, it ruins the game though

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 05, 2014, 08:16:56 PM
It was red, intent doesnt come into it!, same sort of incident the welsh lad done in the world cup with a dump tackle, wasnt intentional but was very dangerous, it ruins the game though

Nonsense, not even comparable to the Warburton tackle. For one there was no tackle or lift. Yellow card.

Sidney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 05, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

Nothing windy about it. Goode landed on his head. The opponent has a duty of care to his opponent in such a situation, and malice or no malice intended, he neglected it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Sidney on April 05, 2014, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 05, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

Nothing windy about it. Goode landed on his head. The opponent has a duty of care to his opponent in such a situation, and malice or no malice intended, he neglected it.

For a man who has no interest in the game of rugby you have plenty of answers!

Wildweasel74

"They died with their boots on" at least!!