Cavan v Donegal Ulster Final

Started by mrdeeds, June 11, 2019, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Jases Galway and Mayowestros must have given us some batins this year ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 24, 2019, 04:01:50 PM
Jases Galway and Mayowestros must have given us some batins this year ::)

Bookies base the odds on where the money is going. The dumbest bet the mostest, dont take it personally!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 01:08:20 PM
Is anyone REALLY suggesting that we have a chance of beating them though?

I think the most common term used is you'd "put it up to them' whatever that really means" Everyone clinging to Donegal given how bad Mayo, Tyrone, Kerry & Galway have been. I have my doubts whether Donegal can get close to Dublin but there's no reason why you won't improve over the next 5/6 weeks.

There's a serious amount of players that have come from that U21 team in 2017, how many were involved yesterday?

J70

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 24, 2019, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 01:08:20 PM
Is anyone REALLY suggesting that we have a chance of beating them though?

I think the most common term used is you'd "put it up to them' whatever that really means" Everyone clinging to Donegal given how bad Mayo, Tyrone, Kerry & Galway have been. I have my doubts whether Donegal can get close to Dublin but there's no reason why you won't improve over the next 5/6 weeks.

There's a serious amount of players that have come from that U21 team in 2017, how many were involved yesterday?

I would expect Dublin to beat us by a comfortable five or six points, just like they did last year, although I would hope that we'd be able to make them sweat for it a bit more than they had to in that game when they didn't really get out of second gear.

From the U-21s, six started yesterday, another couple came on, another few stayed on the bench. There's a few more have taken the year out (McBrearty Jr, Mulligan, Carroll) but will likely be back.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 24, 2019, 11:13:03 AM
Donegal are very good but Dublin are still about ten points better.

If I got a 10 point spread I'd put a fiver on the Donegal men.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weejim

donegal full-backs McGee and mcmenamin both yellow carded for sledgeing/goading.

mcmenamin (the boy who tiernan McCann lost the head with) also got a box for his mouthing.

? is this the first time a ref has booked 2 players from the same team for  it .

imtommygunn

Highly unlikely but I doubt none would keep that stat...

J70

Quote from: weejim on June 24, 2019, 06:35:08 PM
donegal full-backs McGee and mcmenamin both yellow carded for sledgeing/goading.

mcmenamin (the boy who tiernan McCann lost the head with) also got a box for his mouthing.

? is this the first time a ref has booked 2 players from the same team for  it .

Why mention McCann here?

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 07:41:43 PM

Why mention McCann here?

Cos there was a fair chance McMenamin was slabbering last time out as well.

And we all know all about the shite Doengal have come out with before v Tyrone   

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 24, 2019, 09:00:18 PM

Why mention McCann here?

So your implication is that mouthing off (something Tyrone have been very adept at over the years yourselves) warrants what McCann did?

If McMenamin earned it, why not just be a man and give him a wallop like Colm McFadden did when Dooher was "slabbering" in the 2007 game?

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 10:37:09 PM

Why mention McCann here?

So your implication is that mouthing off (something Tyrone have been very adept at over the years yourselves) warrants what McCann did?

If McMenamin earned it, why not just be a man and give him a wallop like Colm McFadden did when Dooher was "slabbering" in the 2007 game?

I knew it
I knew it
I knew it

..... the Donegal wans themselves even have McMenamin down as a mouth

J70

Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Donegal into second favourites:

Dublin 1/2
Donegal 13/2
Kerry 7/1
Mayo 14/1
Tyrone 20/1
Galway 25/1
Roscommon 40/1
80/1 bar

The second favourite is 13 times less fancied than the favourites!

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 24, 2019, 10:42:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 10:37:09 PM

Why mention McCann here?

I knew it
I knew it
I knew it

..... the Donegal wans themselves even have McMenamin down as a mouth

I've no idea.

I don't know the lad and I don't get to either club or country games these days.

And mouthing off is less visible on tv than some of the things McCann has got up to on the pitch.  ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2019, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Donegal into second favourites:

Dublin 1/2
Donegal 13/2
Kerry 7/1
Mayo 14/1
Tyrone 20/1
Galway 25/1
Roscommon 40/1
80/1 bar

The second favourite is 13 times less fancied than the favourites!

And even this is only the bookies trying to get some money on somebody else to reduce the inevitable payout.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weejim

the point is ,its obviously part of donegals  game plan. its pre-meditated .its not just a reaction. against tyrone you could clearly see it , but only when the play wasn 't near them, -so you cant see it on camera. but it was very obvious from the stand -McGee and mcmenemin especially .trampish behaviour