Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: slippery dodger on February 10, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
21,469 in Croke Park for Dublin Donegal

I can see why they need Croker for the big crowds.

Jell 0 Biafra

Parnell Park only holds 13.5K, so you're right there.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 10, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

I'm aware that Parnell isn't big enough for 20k, but neither is it a big enough crowd to justify opening Croker. I don't have Eir but I'd say the atmosphere was sh*te compared to a full crowd in Parnell Park as well.

Jell 0 Biafra

I'd agree with you about the atmosphere.

Main Street

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 10, 2018, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 10, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

I'm aware that Parnell isn't big enough for 20k, but neither is it a big enough crowd to justify opening Croker. I don't have Eir but I'd say the atmosphere was sh*te compared to a full crowd in Parnell Park as well.
The atmosphere was fine for the game, people who wanted to be out of the wet could do so and obviously the broadcast would be much better from CP than PP.

slippery dodger

They'll be hoping for 30,000+ for Dublin v Kerry in a few weeks. Croke Park is pretty awful when it's around 20,000. Next year a Friday night game in Parnell against a Tipperary if they get promoted or some team similar... I think it would be a great occasion and the TV would be all over it. I know there'd be issues about players and work which would be justified but its just an idea.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 10, 2018, 08:13:10 PM
Quote from: slippery dodger on February 10, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
21,469 in Croke Park for Dublin Donegal

Dubs getting fed up?

Good crowd, filthy weather in the capital city from 4pm-6pm. No hurling in first match this week, the Ladies bt Cork.

Farrandeelin

9850 at Salthill yesterday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2018, 06:28:45 PM
9850 at Salthill yesterday.

Half that at very best in Newbridge, haven't seen any official attendance.

Rossfan

Didn't hear any official figures for the Hyde - looked like approaching 3,000.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

slippery dodger

Attendance in Thurles for Tipp v Wexford 8,358

slippery dodger

Attendance of 4,287 for the McKenna Cup final With each attendee paying €10 + no wonder they wanted it played

Jinxy

I heard a load of buzz about Bohemians vs. Shamrock rovers last night and how there was a huge crowd in Dalymount.
Some league of Ireland chap was on the radio this morning, and he said (with massive enthusiasm), "There must have been nearly 4000 there!"
Fair play to them, but I think sometimes we underestimate how well attended our own games are.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

slippery dodger

Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2018, 09:27:13 PM
I heard a load of buzz about Bohemians vs. Shamrock rovers last night and how there was a huge crowd in Dalymount.
Some league of Ireland chap was on the radio this morning, and he said (with massive enthusiasm), "There must have been nearly 4000 there!"
Fair play to them, but I think sometimes we underestimate how well attended our own games are.

3,640 were at it but in fairness, it sold out two weeks ago. Could have certainly got 6,000 if they were had the capacity for it. Dalymount is currently restricted to using 2 stands.

slippery dodger

2,604 at Limerick v Dublin tonight in the Gaelic Grounds. That is a very very poor attendance. How many Limerick fans will jump on the bandwagon if they string one or two wins together in the Munster Championship in June? I wonder did anyone travel from Dublin?