The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: Muck Savage on February 23, 2013, 06:06:23 AM
Well done Lowry, would be great to have two Nordie scalps tomorrow evening ;)
The whole Free State would rejoice!

dec

heganboy

Mcdowell goes down to jJason Day. Didnt have a great round, chip at 17 probably hurt most. Kuchar slow and steady. Poulter playing well too
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Orior

Shane Lowry is spectating at the Honda Classic. He is actually following Rory McIlroy. Class!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dec

McIlroy withdraws from Honda Classic

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/golf/2013/0301/1224330676796.html

Rory McIlroy has withdrawn from his defence of the Honda Classic in Florida after eight holes of his second round, and later told reporters as he left the course that he was not in a good place mentally.

The world number one started the day on level par but a disastrous run from the 10th, his first hole today, saw him drop seven shots in eight holes, including a triple-bogey at the par-four 16th where he visited the water twice.

He also found the water on the 18th, but didn't finish out the hole, shaking hands with playing partners Ernie Els and Mark Wilson before going straight to a car with caddie JP Fitzgerald and coach Michael Bannon.

"I'm just not in a great place right now, mentally," McIlroy told The Irish Times before leaving the course.

The Biff

The PGA Tour tweeted the reason that he withdrew ... "with severe wisdom tooth pain affecting concentration".

That doesn't really match up with "I'm just not in a great place right now, mentally," that Rory is quoted as saying.  I suppose just walking out of a tournament for reasons other than injury or sickness could have major consequences.  Did John Daly get hit for something like that once?  But there's a big difference in fining the likes of John Daly compared to sanctioning the World No.1?  A handy excuse all-round there.    :-X
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

muppet

Quote from: The Biff on March 01, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
The PGA Tour tweeted the reason that he withdrew ... "with severe wisdom tooth pain affecting concentration".

That doesn't really match up with "I'm just not in a great place right now, mentally," that Rory is quoted as saying.  I suppose just walking out of a tournament for reasons other than injury or sickness could have major consequences.  Did John Daly get hit for something like that once?  But there's a big difference in fining the likes of John Daly compared to sanctioning the World No.1?  A handy excuse all-round there.    :-X

This is what he should have said:

"I'm just not in a great place right now, Dentally."
MWWSI 2017

AQMP

Ireland's Rory McIlroy Gives Up.

Orior

Good one Muppet.

The boys on Sky think they know what is wrong with Rory - his backswing is ouside the plane.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

the Deel Rover

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2013, 04:16:18 PM

Right lads own up which one of ye is Enda From Galway and tweeted Muppets comment to the Matt Cooper Show.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 01, 2013, 06:23:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2013, 04:16:18 PM

Right lads own up which one of ye is Enda From Galway and tweeted Muppets comment to the Matt Cooper Show.

I bet ya its Mayo Mick.
MWWSI 2017

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

leaveherinsir

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on March 24, 2013, 09:57:44 PM
Sergio taking golf to new heights!!!!!!!!!!

At 3:12 of video

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/sergio-garcia-hits-one-craziest-recovery-shots-ever-190904511--golf.html
some boyo is Sergio! apparently he withdrew shortly after that. Maybe he realised he will never play a better shot!!

Stevie g 8

What a shot.just aswell he kept his balance

Puckoon

I'm a big Sergio fan, I'd love to see him win a major. More importantly I'd love to see him enjoy himself again. Never have I seen a sportsman who looks more upset at being out there doing what he supoosedly loves than Sergio. And then another WD? Wtf! Hey Sergio, come with my office job for a few weeks and then get some perspective. It's time to grow up!