Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

There will have to be a stewarts inquiry if you are getting payed to play. Oh and that golfing thing for next week ain't looking too good i was out last night playing and i couldn't hit a barn door. :D sp it will be another carryout for the course to improve the swing ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Spiritof98

Dont suppose anyone would have the beting for the wkend C'ship matches.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

qub la la la

Quote from: corn02 on May 31, 2007, 02:24:05 PM
The championship venues one is a weird one. It always seems to be Abbey Park, Cross Cruppen and Keady. I rememebr years ago Killeavy use to host a few and the Bridge (if they sorted out that hill  :P) would be good venues too.

Why was the Dromintee v Cross U21 final held at the OGs ground, was that predetermined before the finalists were known?

the reason these venues are chosen is that they are the best available in the county!! the hill at silverbridge is a joke!

u21 game was played there as the best venue in south armagh (cruppen) was closed at that stage of the season/off season!

the u21 championship is probably the most competitive competition in the county (cross will win the senior championship again...). anyone else think it should be given a slot in the summer perhaps instead of being played in awful conditions and being squeezed in between close season and christmas. i remember dromintee lads having to stay in over christmas because of the ongoing u21 championship a few years ago!!

pintsofguinness

Silverbridge 1-12 Ballymacnab 0-5

A very young bridge side dispensed with a poor, lazy Ballymacnab effort tonight.
Nab got off to the best start getting two points on the board before we'd time to look around us but we found the net a minute later when Eugene Byrne (I think) got his hand to a pass into the box.  We took off from there, had a fine 15 – 20 minute spell, led by 6 or 7 points or something and cruised the rest of the game.  A real team effort from our boys though Eugene Byrne was out on his own.   Nab's only consolation was that the ref was even worse than them!! Atrocious!!!!!!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

TG4
QuotePints,regarding your new fields,would they ever be passed as an acceptable venue for a league or championship game as they stand or is there a fence and standing area going to be put in place to seperate the 2 fields? just wondering because i dont think you could play senior league or championship games on it when it is not fenced off from the crowd if you know what i mean?
Aye I know though we played St. Peter's at Ballymacnab, in the championship, and all they had around the field was a rope!
Give us a chance with our fields, I think floodlights are first priority and I'd imagine the natural progression would to get something up between them.  Could be a few years though. 

Qub la la la (name says it all really)
Quotethe reason these venues are chosen is that they are the best available in the county!! the hill at silverbridge is a joke!
29 posts and 3 digs at the bridge, I'm touched.   ::)

What fine club do you hail from btw?

Uladh

Shocking game of football in Cross last night. Dromintee must have had 75% possession and kicked probably more than 20 wides. Newtown led the whole way and probably should have held on. brutal football altogether.

Stranworst

Any results then from last night?

corn02

Dromintee 1- 9 Newtown 1-9 ?? I think this was the score not even sure myself.

Terrible shooting by Dromintee, plus kicking the ball into the keeper so many times meant that Newtown really could of won this.

ard mhaca abu

score was 1-8 to 1-8...........newtown had a game plan and it worked until they took shane rock (num 14) out to midfield he was causin awful trouble for the full back in the first half....

but no matter the championship begins properly today 530pm ballycrummy armagh, when the crupps take on clan eireann....

qub la la la

referring to the hill at silverbridge is not a dig at the club itself. its just a fact. if you u lay on the ground at the goals at the club end its easy to see the difference. maybe now you's have the new pitches the main pitch can be repaired..

qub la la la

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on June 02, 2007, 12:17:15 PM
score was 1-8 to 1-8...........newtown had a game plan and it worked until they took shane rock (num 14) out to midfield he was causin awful trouble for the full back in the first half....

but no matter the championship begins properly today 530pm ballycrummy armagh, when the crupps take on clan eireann....

i hear clann eireann are missing a few?? any truth?? wats the predictions for this evenings games??

pintsofguinness

Quote from: qub la la la on June 02, 2007, 12:33:22 PM

referring to the hill at silverbridge is not a dig at the club itself. its just a fact. if you u lay on the ground at the goals at the club end its easy to see the difference. maybe now you's have the new pitches the main pitch can be repaired..
Maybe not on it's own but you weren't to shy about putting the boot in a few weeks ago...but judging by your other posts you're obvioulsy an idiot!
And you never told us what club you were from.

dromintee v st.michaels - Um... draw
carrickcruppen v clann eireann - Cruppen
clan na gael v tir na nog - clans
crossmaglen v armagh harps - cross easily
killeavey v granemore - killeavey
maghery v mullaghbawn - Mullaghbawn

qub la la la

sorry if i offend u. it must be tough bein an intermediate side

pintsofguinness

:D  :D  :D
I'm quite enjoying it actually. 
You're obviously very proud of your own club.

Off topic...
Where's Rufus?

twotwocharlie

That win by silverbridge over the nab means they have just lost the  st peters game (championship) st pats (league) and ciaran conlon their county u21 player. going well?????????