Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Pearse Ogs reintstated in the B Mid Championship after lodging an objection against Madden.

Semi draw
Harps v Ogs
Middletown v Ballyhegan

Uladh

Quote from: bennydorano on May 29, 2007, 09:19:09 AM
Pearse Ogs reintstated in the B Mid Championship after lodging an objection against Madden.

for the love of god. anything short of the referee's family being held captive until the game was over with a guaranteed madden win should be laughed at.

anyone got the championship fixtures for this weekend?

full back

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 3 JUNE 2007

Thursday 31 May

Intermediate Football Championship (8.00)
Clonmore v Crossmaglen II (Kevin Gallogly) at Ballymacnab

Junior Football Championship (8.00)
Clady v Corrinshego (Patrick Duffy) at Belleek

Friday 1 June

Senior Football Championship (8.00)
Dromintee v St Michael's (Seamus O'Neill) at Crossmaglen

ACL – Division III (8.00)
Clonmore v Middletown (Off)
Lissummon v Tullysaran (Damian McConville)

Saturday 2 June

Senior Football Championship
Carrickcruppen v Clann Eireannn (Noel Martin) at Pearse Og Park (5.30)
Clan na Gael v Tir na nÓg (Ronan Quigley) at Maghery (8.00)

Intermediate Football Championship (8.00)
Ballyhegan v Wolfe Tones (Oliver Hearty) at St Peter's Park

Sunday 3 June

Senior Football Championship
Maghery v Mullaghbawn (Jim Slevin) at Abbey Park (3.45)
Granemore v Killeavey (Seamus O'Neill) at Whitecross (5.30)
Crossmaglen v Harps (Eamon Nugent) at Keady (8.00)

Intermediate Football Championship (2.00)
St Patrick's v Sarsfields (Gerard Devlin) at Abbey Park

ACL – Division II (2.00)
St Peter's v Keady (Tony O'Hare)
Silverbridge v Ballymacnab (Paul Seacroft)

ACL – Division III (2.00)
Clady v Tullysaran (Off)
Clonmore v Collegeland (Seamus Falloon)
Middletown v Crossmaglen II (Vincent O'Neill)
St Paul's v An Port Mor (Sean McClelland)

ACL – Division IV (2.00)
Derrynoose v Eire Og (Malachy McNicholl)
Forkhill v O'Hanlon's (Rory Robinson)
Grange v Belleek (Frank McDonald)
Mullaghbrack v Corrinshego (Jim Lynch)
Phelim Brady's v Shane O'Neill's (Joe Murtagh)

armagh leg-end

Quotefor the love of god. anything short of the referee's family being held captive until the game was over with a guaranteed madden win should be laughed at.

what you mean by that uladh? yea madden bs are out of the championship. the ogs yapped abot a player who started game that played 5minutes of championship football last year. worst of all, he didnt even play well. disappointing for the team as this was a great win for them, any country team beating the towns team is great, with the pick they have.
Ard Mhacha Abu

full back

Quote from: armagh leg-end on May 29, 2007, 01:59:27 PM
Quotefor the love of god. anything short of the referee's family being held captive until the game was over with a guaranteed madden win should be laughed at.

what you mean by that uladh? yea madden bs are out of the championship. the ogs yapped abot a player who started game that played 5minutes of championship football last year. worst of all, he didnt even play well. disappointing for the team as this was a great win for them, any country team beating the towns team is great, with the pick they have.

Regardless if he played 30 seconds of a game and didnt touch the ball, rules are rules.
You do have to feel for the other players but at the end of the day it is the player himself that is at fault along with the management

armagh leg-end

ano agree fully full back. just a pity. some craic if the ogs go on and win it!
Ard Mhacha Abu

Tir na nÓg

Any of you lot going to watch any of the championship matches this weekend? Maghery V Mullaghbawn would be a good game!

corn02

I will take in a couple obviously ourselves and Newtown and probably Cross and the Harps. I had high hopes for the Harps to cause an upset but that is draining away by the second, any chance?

Bainisteoir

Dromintee v St Michael's - Dromintee

Carrickcruppen v Clann Eireann- Draw

Clan na Gael v Tir na nÓg- Draw

Maghery v Mullaghbawn - Draw

Granemore v Killeavey- Killeavey

Crossmaglen v Harps- Cross comfortably although i hope not

I think the game of the round will be eithier Tir na nog and clans or maghery and mullaghbawn. Tir na nog and clans will go to the wire and heard that both teams have eveything geared towards this match and the fact its a derby adds a wee bit of spice. Maghery and mullaghbawn are very similar quick teams so it should make for a good affair. Cross should win through although i hope not  ;) but its hard to see anyone stoping them!!

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 25, 2007, 10:05:07 PM
The bridge ended killeavy's unbeaten run in division 2  tonight beating them by 4 points.
I couldn't make make but heard Liam Campbell scored two goals.  It goes without saying an excellent result after last week and a vital one for the rest of our year.  Great credit goes to the lads for picking themselves up.

i'lldecide
QuoteFair play to ya Pint. But if i was your manager next year i think i'd start to toughen you lads up a bit, you's seem to get roughed up a lot but you have to dish out as well. The refs won't always look after you's so you somtimes have to throw a bit of dirt out yourselves. Know what i mean, you get nothing for being nice.
D McCann dished it out and he got a straight red card,  that's what you get for dishing it out.  How a ref can watch someone get a slap  in the face and do nothing and send him off 30 seconds later for a late shoulder is beyond me!

Pints,

I didn't mean it like that, i just meant if some of the opposition are roughing you up and your not getting the protection of the ref. then somtimes you have to give a message back to that person/people that you will not stand for any of that shit so "take some of your own medicine"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

Madden deserved the win the other night, played well throughput the match and have a few young boys coming through

in saying that they did break the rules. Both teams knew the player was ineligible before the game though nothing was said unitl the match was over.

I thought the player in question had a very good game and without his presence in midfield i think the ogs would have won it  :P

bennydorano

I have no sympathy for Madden whatsoever.  B football is a bit of joke, Keady played against us with at least 2 (maybe more) ringers in the championship, Middletown arrived for a league game with god knows how many of their first 15 and no team sheet, Clady arrived with 13 players for a league game and then didn't field in the championship.

Tir na nÓg

What is Ronan Quigley like will he let things go or will he blow up everything? Hes doing our game this weekend.

armagh leg-end

did tir na nog only score 3 points last night in the minor championship?
Ard Mhacha Abu

illdecide

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on May 29, 2007, 04:07:39 PM
What is Ronan Quigley like will he let things go or will he blow up everything? Hes doing our game this weekend.

What sort of refeering would suit your Tir na nOg team this weekend, would you's prefer the rough stuff and the ref let most of it go or would it suit you's if the ref blew up for every we petty foul???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch