Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Thanks Rufus. Hopefully there will be some good Armagh performances there in 2010 and maybe even a few double header championship games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

crossdoesitbest

Thanks for the pics! Good to see something happening there even though we're only slowly catching up with some other counties!

winsamsoon

Anyone at the town versus country game in lurgan today? How did it go?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 21, 2010, 05:28:30 PM
Anyone at the town versus country game in lurgan today? How did it go?

country won by a few points i think.  think stefan campbell did himself no harm gave magee the runaround score 1-2.  mark beattie got man of the match i heard, somewhat dubious though.  wasnt as it just going by a source :)

Don Johnson

As long as all the boys had a good time.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

The first half was terrible and was 0-05 a piece, the 2nd half was a bit better with a few goals and a bit more open but i have to say there was a few lads out there yesterday that were way out of their depth. Eugene Creaney who runs this for charity has his heart in the right place but he'd need to select the team members a bit better as some positions were thread bare and top heavy in others...but the winners on the day is the charity...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2010, 05:12:44 PM
Armagh Cúchulainns, this would be better served on the other thread!

Club Name:     
Naomh Gall, Antrim

League Division Status:
2 in Division 1 Football
5 in Division 2 Hurling

Championship Run:    
Champions of the Football
Beaten by the Antrim Hurling Champions in the first round.

2010 Review:

Football, won the championship, weren't really pushed went into the Ulster series as Champions but got put on our ass by the Ulster Champions this year ;).

Hurling, after a disastrous first ten minutes against Loughgiel we hurled rightly and due to injuries and boys states side we put in a credible effort. maybe drop do to Intermediate as thats about our standard. nearly relegated in Division two which would have been bad for our hurling promotion. But managed to win 4 out of our last five.

Hopes for 2011:

Football, win the senior football championship and improve on the Cross defeat

Hurling, Win intermediate championship, push for promotion to div 1

Juveniles, we haven't won too many underage titles in a while so we'd need to get our finger out.

Look after the ones coming through the ranks and ensure we keep them.

Oh last but not least, the ladies won the intermediate Antrim and Ulster Championship so they inter the senior Competition next year
One title you won't win is the Intermediate Hurling, as Ulster Champions last Year I think you have to play Senior again next year, going by Keady's situation.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: drgeorge on November 23, 2010, 10:13:29 PM
Nice xmas present i came across on ebay sam for sale lol http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190471993698#ht_500wt_1156

Would your family not get a bit annoyed if you hand them the produce you sell for a Christmas present.

Good luck with the venture and I wouldn't begrudge anybody out there trying to make a go of their own business, particularly in these financially straightened times but try to be a bit more up-front about your motivations before posting.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

get up there

anybody going to the fight night in hillgrove monaghan,... i hear a lot of the fights are called off.. is the reason it being in monaghan because they see the gards better fit to deal with the riots afterwards ;D :D

Larry Duff

Quote from: get up there on November 25, 2010, 08:26:19 PM
anybody going to the fight night in hillgrove monaghan,... i hear a lot of the fights are called off.. is the reason it being in monaghan because they see the gards better fit to deal with the riots afterwards ;D :D
How much are the tickets for this? A friend has got a couple of tickets for me but I don't think I'll be able to make it and don't want them to be out of pocket.

illdecide

back off the net

Cross game is off tomorrow because off the weather.

illdecide

What crowd was at the boxing last weekend? i doubt there would have been as big a crown there as there was at the Armagh City hotel last year!!!