Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: illdecide on September 11, 2010, 03:06:48 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 11, 2010, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on September 11, 2010, 11:13:32 AM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.

Not that I don't admire the ambition of the project but is there any real need for a 9,000 capacity stadium in Lurgan?

How often will be it filled?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gaapunter

The Ogs beat the clans today by 6 points

crossfire

armaghniac

QuoteDivision1 Cross beat Killeavy.

The shocks keep on coming...........   :P
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardchieftain

Does anyone know any Division 2 results from today ? Davitts match with Newtown was called off.

winsamsoon

I hear mr j p donnelly was at his work again today and put one of the clans lads in hospital.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 12, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
Just another little small point BC the development of Davitt is funded by the members of our club and through governmental sports grants.

Does the redevelopment include spectator facilities and if so, is it envisaged that these would be up to County standard? Any further details about the nature of the development planned, timescales etc?

Davitt Park has been out of the loop for too long when it comes to National League matches.

Rufus the 1st phase is the new pitch with the stadium to follow, with a bit of luck this will follow next year but Nelson McCausland will call that but TBH the way the economy is going it will be touch and go if it happens next year (fingers crossed) but when it does happen it will have roughly 850 seats and provision for about 50 disabled areas within the stands. The total capacity would be around 9000 when complete with all new turnstyles and a complete revamp of Davitt Park. The new pitch has been redone completely with state of the art drainage and surface. There is 4 new lighting columns in each corner of the ground very similar to the Athletic Grounds lights (probably a grade below them but up to county standard. 500 lux) as well as a new 3G playing surface 40m x 35m behind the existing clubhouse and a similar size grassed area along side that also for warm ups training etc.

Not that I don't admire the ambition of the project but is there any real need for a 9,000 capacity stadium in Lurgan?

How would there be any more need for a stadium that size in say, Crossmaglen? I would like to think NFL and at the very least McKenna Cup games be played at Davitt when it is finished. Maybe even a venue for SFC finals say when a certain Rangers team are involved? Also considering Lurgan is a lot more accessible than most places it could possibly hold college games etc.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 12, 2010, 06:40:49 PM

How would there be any more need for a stadium that size in say, Crossmaglen? I would like to think NFL and at the very least McKenna Cup games be played at Davitt when it is finished. Maybe even a venue for SFC finals say when a certain Rangers team are involved? Also considering Lurgan is a lot more accessible than most places it could possibly hold college games etc.

My own view would be that all the NFL matches should be in the Athletic Grounds, as should all county finals after this year. Perhaps spread the two McKenna Cup matches between Cross and Lurgan fair enough but you're talking a couple of thousand maximum at those games.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 12, 2010, 06:47:11 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 12, 2010, 06:40:49 PM

My own view would be that all the NFL matches should be in the Athletic Grounds, as should all county finals after this year. Perhaps spread the two McKenna Cup matches between Cross and Lurgan fair enough but you're talking a couple of thousand maximum at those games.
I disgaree. IMO all county games should be rotated between the three. County finals granted should remain in the city.

el_cuervo_fc

Any result from the Mullaghbawn game?

bennydorano

bennydorano

TacadoirArdMhacha

ACL Division 1: St Patrick's 1-16 Carrickcruppen 1-12

The  senior side fielded a somewhat experimental line-up on Sunday evening at home to Carrickcruppen as a number of fringe players were given their opportunity to impress. With a number of new faces, it took Cullyhanna some time to settle as Cruppen kicked four of the first five points, with the sole St Pat's reply coming from Eoin McArdle after a great burst out of defence. St Pat's slowly worked their way back into the match during the second quarter as Barry McConville kicked a fine point after good play from Eugene Casey and Kieran Hoey before Aidan Mackin injected some impetus into a slow build-up by kicking a good score. Tony Donnelly then levelled matters with a superb point but two Carrickcruppen points put them back in the lead. Tony Donnelly kicked another excellent point to put the minimum between the sides before Cruppen pointed a free. Kieran Hoey then played a magnificently weighted pass into space which released Eugene Casey who was very unfortunate to see his fisted effort come back off the crossbar. Eugene  converted a late free to leave the half-time score - St Patrick's 0-6 Carrickcruppen 0-7

Having introduced a number of experienced substitutes at the break, St Pat's started the half in fine fettle fully intent on taking the game to the Camlough men. Kieran Hoey brought the sides level with a long range score. St Pat's went in front for the first time when Liam O'Hare pointed after a Mal Mackin pass. Cruppen levelled matters with a free but points from Kieran Hoey and an excellent score from Barry McConville put St Pat's back into the ascendancy. By this stage Cullyhanna were beginning to dominate at midfield and three pointed frees, one from Casey and two by Robbie Tasker gave them a decent lead.

The highlight of the match came soon after when a well-placed Mal Mackin kick found Robbie Tasker whose superb effort from the touchline with the outside of the boot sailed over the bar. The game was over a contest minutes later when an excellent team move involving Barry McConville, Tony Donnelly and Kieran Hoey ended with Tasker putting the ball in the net from close range. Seven points ahead, St Pat's never looked like surrendering their lead as Robbie Tasker added another point. To their credit, Cruppen rallied in the latter stages with two pointed frees. Cullyhanna's final point came when Ciaran McKeever kicked a relieving ball out of defence to Kieran Hoey who found Tasker expertly. The ball was kicked over the bar for a magnificent score in which defence was turned into a point with only two kicks of the ball. A magnificent Cruppen goal finished the match but St Pat's were worthy winners on a scoreline of St Patrick's 1-16 Carrickcruppen 1-12.

While this match was not exactly a crucial fixture, winning is always a good habit, particularly with such an important match ahead. This was a useful workout with a number of inexperienced players getting some game-time, including Anton McCooey who made his senior debut. Best on the day for St Pat's were Stephen Reel, Eoin McArdle, Kieran Hoey and Tony Donnelly.

ACL Division 4: St Patrick's II v Clady

The Seconds side travelled to Clady on Sunday afternoon to face the home side in what turned out to be a rather one-sided encounter. The visitors started brightly with Brendan Nugent kicking the opening score. Clady soon got into match and kicked three points without reply before an excellent Brendan Nugent effort from the right hand sideline put Cullyhanna back within the minimum. Unfortunately Clady dominated the rest of the half as they took control around the middle sector and led 1-6 to 0-2 at the break.

St Pat's responded well initially in the second half with Patsy McKeever kicking a fine score but some shaky defensive play and a tendency to squander possession added to some fine Clady attacking play meant that the home side were soon out of sight on the scoreboard. The game was over as a contest long before Patsy McKeever gained some measure of consolation by firing a shot into the top corner of the net following a good team move involving Miceal Connolly.

Unfortunately this was a very poor performance characterised by sloppy passing and a complete reluctance to attempt to score. Despite the battling performances of Kevin Toner and Peter Loughran, there were few positives to take from this display and the side will hopefully be determined to improve in their final few fixtures.

no.1 fan

was the hurlin final on today. if so does anyone know who won