Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Lads just to remind you that i run a poker night once a month and next Friday night is that time of the month again (fri 28th May). It's £20 in with an option of one re-buy/top up for £10. We are getting in and around 40 to the poker, roughly 50% of that crowd are not clan na gael men. We have a few lads from Dromintee who attend and another few from other clubs around the county. We pay out all the money lifted (usually around £1000) and have started to have food ready for the break, it's played on proper poker tables with good cards (at £7.50 a deck they should be) as well as a digital timer on the wall telling you what the blinds are and when they go up and what they're going up to.

All in all it's run well with the best of gear and big money up for grabs, everyone is welcome and if you're genuinely interested drop me a PM and I'll give you more details...the more that turns up the more is paid out
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

torres

tir na nog bt granemore by 6/7 pts

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cross 3-11 St Pat's 1-10

The scoreline is a poor reflection of how even the match was in general play. We were only 2 points behind with 5 minutes to go but Cross werre clinical and got 1-3 in 3 or 4 minutes to win the match. They were just that little bit more clinical in front of goal through the match. Good performance from St Pat's though - arguably our best of the year.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wee Shea

Clans beat Sarsfields by about six. Clans got late goal and a point.

wats that 4 ref

maghery drew away at cruppen 0-15 1-12 maghery always in the lead until final few mins when cruppen got 1-2 without reply to go 2 in front with 2 mins left but then scored 3points and missed a 1 on 1 with gaoly saving and cruppen scored a 45 last kick to draw level. all in all a fair enough result.

charlie stubbs

tones beat madden 2-11 0-15
ballymcnab beat st peters
newtown beat ballyhegan
tirnanog beat granemore
harps beat silverbridge

wats that 4 ref

cross beat st pats
clans bt s`fields
w`cross bt killeavy
maghery drew with cruppen
cullaville bt ogs ???

crossfire

What time is the Armagh/Galway game on at in Clonmore tomorrow.

AFS

Quote from: crossfire on May 22, 2010, 05:28:44 PM
What time is the Armagh/Galway game on at in Clonmore tomorrow.

I'm nearly sure it's at 2.

orange2009

Orchard TV presents Highlights of the ACL Division 1 game between Crossmaglen and Cullyhanna

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--ACL---Crossmaglen-v-Cullyhanna-Highlights.aspx

winsamsoon

Cruppen beat clans by one tonight at clann eireann. Draw would probably have been a fair enough result though clans were 10-4 up at the start of the second half
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orange2009

Orchard TV speaks to Tony McEntee & Oisin McConville after Crossmaglen's victory over Cullyhanna

http://armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--Tony-McEntee---Oisin-McConville-interviews.aspx

Match report and interview as Armagh minors Hurlers move into Ulster Semi-Final

http://armagh-gaa.com/Hurling/News/UMHC--Armagh-7-16-Tyrone-0-9.aspx

illdecide

Team name                                                       P W  D   L   F    A  +/-  Pts
Crossmaglen Rangers                                           6  6  0  0  107  55  52  12 
Naomh Cillian Crois Bán                                         6  5  0  1  92  53  39  10 
Pearse Og Armagh/Na Piarsaigh Oga Ard Mhacha     7  5  0  2  93  73  20  10 
Maghery Sean McDermotts                                   7  4  2  1  103  97  6  10 
Carrickcruppin St Patrick's                                     7  3  1  3  75  99  -24  7 
Naomh Pádraig Droim an Tí                                   6  3  0  3  71  67  4  6 
Culloville Blues/Baile Mhic Cullach                            6  3  0  3  68  70  -2  6 
Clan na Gael An Lorgáin                                       6  2  0  4  80  95  -15  4 
Cúchulainn Mullach Bán                                        7  2  0  5  63  83  -20  4 
Sarsfields Derrytrasna                                          7  2  0  5  86  122  -36  4 
St Patrick's Cullyhanna                                         6  1  1  4  69  79  -10  3 
Killeavey St Moninnes                                          7  1  0  6  72  86  -14  2 
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

ACL Div 1: St Patrick's 1-10 Crossmaglen Rangers 3-11

After last week's poor performance against Carrickcruppen, the fixture list afforded the Cullyhanna seniors little respite as they visited reigning League Champions Crossmaglen. However while the result was ultimately disappointing, the team can at least take pride in what was a vastly improved performance from which they were perhaps a shade unfortunate not to get a better reward than an 8 point defeat.

As has been the case too often this season, St Pat's started poorly and were 4 points behind early on thanks to a Cross free and an well-taken Oisin McConville goal. Eugene Casey replied with a pointed free. A fisted point from the home side meant that with a quarter of the match gone, despite the general play being fairly even, Cross led by 1-2 to 0-1 with Cullyhanna being left to rue a number of missed frees. Pointed frees from Eugene Casey and Tony Donnelly sandwiched a superb Jamie Clarke point for Crossmaglen. The highlight of the half from a St Pat's perspective came 5 minutes from the break when Barry McConville made a purposeful run, exchanged passes with Kieran O'Neill and kicked an excellent point. Cross replied with 2 points of their own before a high Kieran O'Neill kick dropped over the bar to bring St Pat's back within 3 points. However the St Pat's side were hit with a hammer blow just before half-time when a long Crossmaglen ball across the goal found Aaron Kernan in apace and the county man rounded Conor O'Neill before finished to the net to leave Crossmaglen 2-6 to 0-6 ahead at half-time.

The second half settled into a fairly steady rhythm with the sides exchanging 2 points a piece in the third quarter; a Tony Donnelly free and a great point from the left hand side by Eugene Casey providing the Cullyhanna scores. With 13 minutes to go, Robbie Tasker began to exert a real influence on proceedings; firstly the corner forward caused confusion from a high ball into the square and kicked the ball against the crossbar and over the bar. 5 minutes later another direct ball in from Barry McConville was well collected by Tasker who showed wonderful composure and skill to dummy the goalkeeper and fire the ball to the net. When Tasker found Rory McMahon with an excellent pass, the substitute made no mistake in firing over the point which left St Pat's 2 points behind with 5 minutes to go and seemingly with every chance of rescuing at least a draw. But if Crossmaglen were rattled, they showed no such signs and extended their lead a minute later thanks to what can only be described as a very soft free. Almost immediately a dangerous Crossmaglen ball into the square was cut out by goalkeeper Conor O'Neill but unfortunately his attempted clearance was rebounded towards the net and, despite the valiant efforts of Eoin McArdle, rolled in for a goal to effectively win the match for the home side. The match petered out with Tony Kernan and Eugene Casey exchanging scores as Cross ran out winners on a scoreline of 3-11 to 1-10.

While Crossmaglen's more clinical attitude in front of goal meant that they were probably deserving winners, it is only fair to note that the final 7 point winning margin was a poor reflection on the evenness of the general play in terms of both territory and possession throughout the match. St Pat's competed very well throughout but were ultimately outdone by the concession of goals at crucial periods. While the result left St Pat's mired in the relegation zone with only one win from six matches, if the side can build on this performance hopefully they will start to pick up more wins as the season progresses.

Starting XV: Conor O'Neill; Peter McKeever, Stephen Reel, Sean O'Neill; Aidan Mackin, Ciaran McKeever, Eoin McArdle; Barry McConville (0-1), Paudie McCreesh; Kieran O'Neill (0-1), Eugene Casey (0-4), Kieran Hoey; Shane McKeever, Tony Donnelly (0-2), Robbie Tasker (1-1) Subs Used: Paul Toner, Rory McMahon (0-1)

ACL Div 4: St Patrick's II 1-2 Crossmaglen Rangers II 4-12

While the Division 1 side were battling gamely away to Crossmaglen, at the same time, the Division 4 team hosted the same opponents in another local derby. Like their senior counterparts, Crossmaglen benefited from an excellent start as they had the ball in the net within 30 seconds of the throw in. This was to prove the pattern of the match as Crossmaglen had the better of the exchanges throughout. To be fair to the St Pat's side they competed well and did have a spell of pressure in the first half however they found it difficult to convert their possession into scores and trailed by 1-8 to 0-2 at half time. A physically strong and experienced Crossmaglen side continued to dominate in the second period as they ran out comfortable winners despite St Pat's notching a second half consolation goal from James Thompson.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Iceman

Quote from: orange2009 on May 22, 2010, 07:15:00 PM
Orchard TV presents Highlights of the ACL Division 1 game between Crossmaglen and Cullyhanna

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO--ACL---Crossmaglen-v-Cullyhanna-Highlights.aspx

great to be able to see some highlights be jaysus your man McDonald's reporting is lifeless....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight