Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Clanns first 3 games are away to Cross home to Harps and then away to Ogs. nice easy start (my bollocks) considering they haven't even started to train yet. I take it all the rest of the clubs are pre-season training?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

15th April         Pearse Óg V Maghery
22nd April         Mullabawn V Pearse Óg
29th April         Pearse Óg V Clan Na Gael

ArchieAngel

Quote from: Spiritof98 on February 19, 2007, 09:36:49 AM
Anyone at the hurling yesterday in Keady, a 1 point defeat to Carlow, tough to take, but a creditable result, Who was top scorers/performers etc.

I was at it. Armagh were helped by a poor Carlow performance in the 2nd half who also had a man put to the line. They had the chances to bury Carlow in the second half and but they decided to take points from two late frees which a blind man could have seen should have been dropped into the edge of the small square. They were crazy decisions at a time when only a goal would do.

Armagh midfield was poor enough as McCormack had to bale them out a few times and they have some issues in corner back as Mallo is just too small against a bigger corner back.

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2007, 01:08:37 PM
Clanns first 3 games are away to Cross home to Harps and then away to Ogs. nice easy start (my bollocks) considering they haven't even started to train yet. I take it all the rest of the clubs are pre-season training?

Oh yes. Poyntzpass had a major session in the Dyke last Friday night. Three players still missing in action.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on February 19, 2007, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 19, 2007, 01:08:37 PM

Oh yes. Poyntzpass had a major session in the Dyke last Friday night. Three players still missing in action.

Thats impressive, keep her lit. Were you's celebrating something or just the annual piss up :P

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: corn02 on February 17, 2007, 12:44:30 AM
The County board not having the balls? Now there is a surprise.

I know a few of the Bridge lads, held their dignity thorughout the brawl by all accounts.

Thanks Corn, I agree, although for all the punishment that was dished out we might as well have got stuck in.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

pintsofguinness

ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE FIXTURES FOR APRIL 2007

Sunday 15 April

Division I (2.00)
Crossmaglen v Clan Na Gael
Culloville v Whitecross
Harps v Mullaghbawn
Pearse Og v Maghery
Tir na nÓg v Dromintee

Division II (2.00)
Annaghmore v Carrickcruppen
Keady v Granemore
Killeavey v Ballymacnab
St Patrick's v St Michael's
St Peter's v Wolfe Tones
Silverbridge v Clann Eireann

Division III (2.00)
Ballyhegan v Clonmore
Lissummon v Crossmaglen II
Madden v Clady
An Port Mor v Middletown
St Paul's v Tullysaran
Sarsfields v Collegeland

Division IV (2.00)
Derrynoose v Mullaghbrack
Dorsey Emmett's v Forkhill
Eire Og v O'Hanlon's
Phelim Brady's v Grange
Shane O'Neill's v Corrinshego
Belleek a bye

Sunday 22 April

Division I (2.00)
Whitecross v Crossmaglen
Clan Na Gael v Harps
Dromintee v Culloville
Maghery v Tir na nÓg
Mullaghbawn v Pearse Og

Division II (2.00)
Ballymacnab v St Peter's
Carrickcruppen v Killeavey
Clann Eireann v Keady
Granemore v St Patrick's
St Michael's v Annaghmore
Wolfe Tones v Silverbridge

Division III (2.00)
Clady v St Paul's
Clonmore v Madden
Collegeland v Lissummon
Crossmaglen II v An Port Mor
Middletown v Ballyhegan
Tullysaran v Sarsfields

Division IV (2.00)
Belleek v Shane O'Neill's
Corrinshego v Eire Og
Forkhill v Derrynoose
Mullaghbrack v Phelim Brady's
O'Hanlon's v Dorsey Emmett's
Grange a bye

Sunday 29 April

Division I (2.00)
Whitecross v Dromintee
Crossmaglen v Harps
Culloville v Maghery
Pearse Og v Clan Na Gael
Tir na nÓg v Mullaghbawn

Division II (2.00)
Annaghmore v Granemore
Ballymacnab v Carrickcruppen
Keady v Wolfe Tones
Killeavey v St Michael's
St Patrick's v Clann Eireann
St Peter's v Silverbridge

Division III (2.00)
Ballyhegan v Crossmaglen II
Clady v Clonmore
Lissummon v Tullysaran
Madden v Middletown
An Port Mor v Collegeland
St Paul's v Sarsfields

Division IV (2.00)
Derrynoose v O'Hanlon's
Dorsey Emmett's v Corrinshego
Eire Og v Belleek
Grange v Mullaghbrack
Phelim Brady's v Forkhill
Shane O'Neill's a bye
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Well Pint i c you's lads have 3 Lurgan teams the first 3 games, the Tones and Clann Eireann are tricky games but the Peters are rank. Home advantage may count against Clann Eireann but away to the Tones will be tricky and it wouldn't matter where you played St Peters

David McKeown

Can we just end the league now as its possibly the only time I will ever see Annaghmore top of division 2.  On a serious note what are your guys predictions for who will go up and down this year?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tir na nÓg

Culloville, Mullaghbawn to go down from Div 1.
Killeavy, St.Michaels up from Div 2

heganboy

whitecross in division I Ballyhegan in Division III
the shame of it.
An Port Mor, Ballyhegan and Middletown should all be doing better than they are last year
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armagh4SamAgain

Mullaghbawn will never go down but Kileavy and Silverbridge should go up. Ballyhagen would need to get there act together if they want to bounce back up. Div 3 is tough.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

pintsofguinness

QuoteWell Pint i c you's lads have 3 Lurgan teams the first 3 games, the Tones and Clann Eireann are tricky games but the Peters are rank. Home advantage may count against Clann Eireann but away to the Tones will be tricky and it wouldn't matter where you played St Peters
Had Clann Eireann in the first game last year and St. Peter's in the second. The St. Peter's aren't the greatest but it did take us a last minute goal to win the last game we played against them, and we were woeful that day.  Had two really good tight games with Clann Eireann but we came out the wrong side of them.  After last year, to keep momentum going I think we have to go up this year.

I can't see culloville coping in division 1, but I hope I'm wrong.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh4SamAgain

Culloville will struggle all rite. Do you not like them Pints after last year??
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2007, 05:42:20 PM
QuoteWell Pint i c you's lads have 3 Lurgan teams the first 3 games, the Tones and Clann Eireann are tricky games but the Peters are rank. Home advantage may count against Clann Eireann but away to the Tones will be tricky and it wouldn't matter where you played St Peters
Had Clann Eireann in the first game last year and St. Peter's in the second. The St. Peter's aren't the greatest but it did take us a last minute goal to win the last game we played against them, and we were woeful that day.  Had two really good tight games with Clann Eireann but we came out the wrong side of them.  After last year, to keep momentum going I think we have to go up this year.

I can't see culloville coping in division 1, but I hope I'm wrong.

Clann Eireann have a new manager this year so its hard to say what he'll do for them, they have quality players but most of them fail to step up to the mark when their needed. St Peters have a very young side and only one real danger man "David Wilson". As for the Tones on their day they are capable of beating most teams they are a very workman like team with no outstanding players. With the momentum the Bridge had from last year i expect them to be challenging for promotion at the end of the year. Division 2 looks very competive this year, should be interesting. Would you be happy with 4pts for the first 3 games?

What did you think of DM going back to Armagh, he told us last night after training. Armagh could be doing with him this year!!