Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I don't think Cross will hammer us but could have an easy enough match. We have been poor this year, thee is no hiding it. We still have some quality players on show and I suppose on their day they are hard to handle.- I can't see it but hopefully I am worng. I would love nothing better than my prediction to be rammed down my throat.

billy the kid

Quote from: billy the kid on August 28, 2008, 01:23:22 PM
Cant see Cross losing but for Dromintee this has to be the best time to play them - Inthe first round before they get much momentum built up and any teething problems sorted out.

I really am reaching there arent I. since when did cross ever have teething problems or problems with momentum.

Seriously though i think Dromintee will give them a good game and believe they are probably the best chance of knocking Cross out.  Really dont think Ogs will stand up to Cross in terms of quality and physically.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 28, 2008, 01:19:58 PM
35 illdecide, would that be about right?  You're even more at the wrong end of it than me.  At least I had sense(or to put it correctly somone else had the sense to tell me to quit!)

Interesting to see how the games will pan out this weekend.  Dromintee might just suprise Cross this year.

Thats about right BC1 ;). I know i should have quit 3 years ago only for a nagging wife (she drove me to the football)

Cross will win by 3pts (in 3rd gear)
Bawn to win by 2pts
Harps to draw
Killeavey by 2pts
Newtown by 4pts
Granemore by 1pt
Og's by 5pts
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

No County championship previews in either the Ulster Gazette or Armagh Observer - must be a first?

billy the kid

Quote from: BenDover on August 27, 2008, 01:37:23 PM
Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn
Carrickcruppen v Harps
Killeavey v Maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael's
Granemore v Whitecross
Crossmaglen v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg

Going to give this prediction lark a go for the weekend. Here are my tips for winning.

Mullaghbawn
Cruppen
Maghery
St Micks
Granemore
Cross - no f**k it Im gonna tip Dromintee
Pearse Ogs
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

winsamsoon

Ballymacnab v Mullaghbawn by 4
Carrickcruppen  by 2 v Harps
Killeavey by 4 v Maghery
Clann Eireann v St Michael's by 2
Granemore v Whitecross by 1
Crossmaglen by 3 v Dromintee
Pearse Og v Tir na nÓg Draw
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

We will be missing at least 3 players ,all county panellists, on sunday through injury so it will be a struggle.

fcuksake

I would have fancied Harps to beat Cruppin by 3/4 points but with Collie Holmes unavailable Harps will be up against it bigtime.

I actually have a feeling Dromintee might shock Cross. :o

Ogs to win, but certainly not at a canter 1/2 points

I'm also going for Ballymacnab.   
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

full back

Any word on the Clady incident from last weekend?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: full back on August 29, 2008, 09:10:54 AM
Any word on the Clady incident from last weekend?

what incident was that?

gander

QuoteAny word on the Clady incident from last weekend?

what incident was that?

At least one player struck the Ref after they were beat by the Brady's.  Rumour is they may have been kicked out of the league.

full back

Clady played Phelim Bradys last weekend (who incidentally got their 1st win since they reformed) & after the match the referee was allegedly struck.
Clady could be in serious hot water over this.
The referee was Jim Lynch.

illdecide

I see there are a few guys that fancy Dromintee ??? why would anyone fancy Dromintee to beat Cross, seriously. Dromintee have never beaten the Cross in the Senior championship, Cross are going for 13 in a row and Dromintee have never won 1. I also get the impression Dromintee are beaten before they go out on the pitch, when they see the black & amber they crack like an egg. (i hope i'm wrong but the facts don't lie)

P.S. before Corn and the rest jump in, this also applys to the majority of the teams in Armagh not just Dromintee...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

Well there might be a bit more to it than usual this year id - you should know the number of championships the respective clubs have won going into a one off game is irrelevent. its only last year that dromintee were the closest they ever came to beating cross - drawing - and cross are rumoured to be considerably weakened. on top of that dromintee will have back a couple if not more important lads who missed last years games. i'm not predicting a dromintee win by any means but it wil be very very close.

brokencrossbar1

I think this is Dromintee's year to finally break the hoodoo and maybe even go the whole way.  The have to be confident as they have the O'Rourkes among others back and Cross have a few problems.  Also the best time to beat a team like Cross is in the early rounds as they may not have built up a head of steam.  I also think there will be a genuine wish among the upper echelons to stop Cross this year as they probably feel that a new winner will bring more through for the county.  I don't necessarily agree with that view point but it is a possible scenario.