Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hank Everlast on July 28, 2008, 02:02:00 PM
Well done el-cuervo, imagine my shame... i cut and paste them from orchard county.

And there's me thinkin you counted them up yourself  ;)

winsamsoon

No corn it was called off for our golf classic so there then would have been no fixture. So we didn't miss a fixture it was simpy re-arranged
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

You said you havent missed a fixture. You missed the fixture on that Friday, therefore that is a fixture missed.. When you made the point a few weeks back about Dromintee missing all these games yo udid not take into account that they were refixed.

winsamsoon

yeah we got a fixture postponed with Dromintee agreeing to do it. This is completely different from not fulfilling a fixture. If you can't see this then i rest my case.

corn02

You rest your case? Jesus man.

Your in the wrong here bud, basically your saying if a team wanted to miss a fixture and the opponents agreed and both sides fixed for 2012 it would not be a fixture unfulfilled.

Missing a fixture is missing a match on a certain date a certain time. Missing a match is totally different. Fixture = match FIXED for a certain date and time.

TacadoirArdMhacha

from Orchardcounty.com

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 3 AUGUST 2008

Wednesday 30 July

Junior Football Championship – 1st Round (7.30)
Clady v Derrynoose (Brendan Gorman) at Keady

'B' Football Championship – Semi-Final (7.30)
Granemore v St Patrick's (Barney Henry) at Newtownhamilton

ACL – Division Three (7.30)
St Paul's v Madden (Rory Robinson)

Thursday 31 July

Under-16 Football Championship – Semi-Final (7.30)
Crossmaglen v Pearse Og (Rory Robinson) at Ballymacnab (Extra time, if required)

Friday 1 August

Intermediate Football Championship – 1st Round Replay (7.30)
An Port Mor v Sarsfields (Ronan Quigley) at Ballyhegan (Extra time, if required)

Intermediate Football Championship – 1st Round (7.30)
Collegeland v Keady (Jim Burns) at Abbey Park

Eire Og v Phelim Brady's (Stephen McKinley) at Mullaghbrack

ACL – Division Two (7.30)
Ballymacnab v Clann Eireann (Oliver Hearty)

ACL – Division Three (7.30)
Clonmore v Annaghmore (Paul Boylan)
St Peter's v Crossmaglen II (Sean McClatchey)

Saturday 2 August

Mullaghbrack v O'Hanlon's (Stephen Murray) at Whitecross

Sunday 3 August

Junior Football Championship – 1st Round
Dorsey Emmett's v Tullysaran (Malachy McNicholl) at Granemore (2.00)
Belleek v Grange (Gary Smith) at Ballymacnab (5.30)
Middletown v Shane O'Neill's (Mickey Leonard) at Ballymacnab (7.30)

ACL – Division One (2.00)
Dromintee v Killeavey (Seamus O'Neill)
Harps v Pearse Og (Vincent O'Neill)
Crossmaglen v Mullaghbawn (Stephen Murray)
Clan na Gael v Culloville (Off)
St Patrick's v Maghery (Sean McClatchey)

ACL – Division Two (2.00)
Tir na nÓg v An Port Mor (Eamon Nugent)
Clann Eireann v Granemore (Jim Slevin)
Sarsfields v Carrickcruppen (Kevin McNeice)
St Michael's v Keady (Kevin Murtagh)
Whitecross v Wolfe Tone (Tony O'Hare)
Silverbridge v Ballymacnab (Jimmy McKee)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

If you fail to fulfill something then that means it doesn't happen. Ie dromintee failing to fulfil their ambition of winning the championship. The dromintee game was refixed for another day therefore it will take place as agreed by both teams and thus be fulfilled. Also would like to add that it was decent of Dromintee to agree to it many teams wouldn't.

On another issue, was at clones yesterday and at the end of the game supporters tried to get onto the pitch. The bawl seamus Mc Donagh was manning the gate and a few irate fans started to push the gate open Mc donagh done his best to keep it closed despite floods of people coming onto the pitch from all gates from all angles. I then witness a lad from the tones (Steward0 coming over to back mc Donagh up. He slammed the gate closed on the irate fans. Only for one of them to slam the boot in and kick it open smacking him on the head. He took of his baseball cap and there was a lump on his head the size of a golf ball :) he then shouted back at the guy saying he would remember his face :) and he was emphasising the fact that he was a volunteer. I laughed the whole way through the presentation at it because the guy in question is a complete ball bag. justice was done.

corn02

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 28, 2008, 08:50:20 PM
If you fail to fulfill something then that means it doesn't happen. Ie dromintee failing to fulfil their ambition of winning the championship.

That's an ambition the Clans won't have anytime soon.

back off the net

paudie why is it every game he does its him we are talking about what a FOOL think he has just done his last game this year you could not let a dick like that do any more games because this is were the real football starts

bubbles

Think after this weekend we will know who is gonna be relegated with all the relegation candidates playing.

Any predictions on the games? Dromintee v Killeavy will be interesting and so will Cullyhanna v Maghery. Big match of the weekend however is harps v ogs. hope the county boys are playing on both teams so there can be no excuses. Think andy mallon is out though with a broken arm

el_cuervo_fc

Andy is out but there's no chance that the County Boys will be Playing.  Sure It would only be a week before the 1/4 Final

Albi

First time poster - long time reader...!

Going back to the harps, was looking at the minor photo the year they won Ulster:

Kevin Smyth
Kyle McGuigan
Bambi McCourt
Jonny Killen
Fergus McAleavey
Bryan Killen
Sean Hughes
Stephen Rush
Bobby McVeigh
John Darragh
Ryan Donnelly
Jonny Daly
Eoin Rafferty
Paul Hagan
Shane McVeigh
Declan Coulter
Ciaran Clifford

17 Players.... 7 county minors - ALL GONE. I knew it was bad, but didnt realise just how!

winsamsoon

I could have sworn that there was an armagh harps thread on this board and think these posts would be more welcome there lads.

Oh and corn the clans would have as high an ambition as Dromintee. Considering you have never won anything, yet you find a confidence from somewhere to constantly put other clubs down. Confidence has to be based on something I am struggling to find the source of yours.

gaapunter

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 29, 2008, 12:29:31 PM
I could have sworn that there was an armagh harps thread on this board and think these posts would be more welcome there lads.

Oh and corn the clans would have as high an ambition as Dromintee. Considering you have never won anything, yet you find a confidence from somewhere to constantly put other clubs down. Confidence has to be based on something I am struggling to find the source of yours.

Correct WSW that corn is sum pup- at least the clans have some heart dromintee simply just lie down to cross- Mouthpieces

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: corn02 on July 28, 2008, 08:55:06 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on July 28, 2008, 08:50:20 PM
If you fail to fulfill something then that means it doesn't happen. Ie dromintee failing to fulfil their ambition of winning the championship.

That's an ambition the Clans won't have anytime soon.

Then in the meantime they will probably just polish the 15 they already have. ;) What will dromintee do in the meantime? Polish eachothers nobs? ;D :D