Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Looks like i'm dealing with some highly intellectual people  :D

winsamsoon

I think the levels have fallen way down here lads. The days of proper debates without name calling or calling for people to be banned seem to have been lost. No one needs to revert to name calling or trying to promt others to take action here on the board. If the matter at hand ie Cross threatening what is rumoured to have been then it is simply wrong. I don't know about the Ogs so i won't coment on it but i did here the one concerning the cross. So if they done it just own up and say they did and admit it is wrong and that we can find some better solution.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

Correct Winsam - your forever the 'voice of reason'! :) And as for the name calling I quit enjoyed it, it certailnly passed a crap morning at work. I dont mind it one bit so long as its a bit of banter and not meant to hurt. :'( It spices debates up - we arent priests after all, I hope. ;) Get stuck in lads thats what its all about! ;D

umgolaarmagh

i see somebody has been mixing the buckfast and redbull again ;)

Blue is the colour

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 06:35:38 PM
Quote from: Sidelined on April 15, 2008, 05:01:24 PM
More Cross v Culloville games ding-dong then? If Cross hadn't thrown their league game last year Culloville would be in Division Two now. I somehow dont think Culloville will do too much. But it is in their right to push for the points.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Pints of guinness and sidelined. Unless you where at the match I dont think you can say that cross threw the game. They had as many county men playing as possible Aaron Kernan and co and they were winning until the last 2min so they deff did not throw the game such a comment just stinks of Jealously and Resentment enjoy Devision 2!!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Blue is the colour on April 17, 2008, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 06:35:38 PM
Quote from: Sidelined on April 15, 2008, 05:01:24 PM
More Cross v Culloville games ding-dong then? If Cross hadn't thrown their league game last year Culloville would be in Division Two now. I somehow dont think Culloville will do too much. But it is in their right to push for the points.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Pints of guinness and sidelined. Unless you where at the match I dont think you can say that cross threw the game. They had as many county men playing as possible Aaron Kernan and co and they were winning until the last 2min so they deff did not throw the game such a comment just stinks of Jealously and Resentment enjoy Devision 2!!!

:D
Aren't Culloville something else.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yes I Would

An old debate lads, but surely if the rangers wanted to win they game they would have won it.
As Cullovile provided the rangers with players over the years, they were never gonna put them down, although reckon if culloville try and claim the points which they are well entitled to, this relationship could be soured!!

IVEDECIDED

There shouldnt be such relationships teams should play to win regardless of the situation. Otherwise why dont we just have 3 teams in Armagh - North, South and Mid!! >:(

Uladh

because it wouldn't be even close to competitive....

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on April 18, 2008, 11:16:56 AM

because it wouldn't be even close to competitive....

You're prob right Uladh, but you can be sure none of you're team mates would make the region team ;) ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

everyone has their dreams !!

ours are just a little simpler than most...

winsamsoon

I think you may under estimate the challenge of the north of the county if they were to almagamate. Sure some of the teams are already half way to regional teams because they are amalgamating with new teams left right and centre. Every year there is a different name at under age. I reacall playing an under 21 side one time . they were amalgamated to form a team you know to give the lads a game  :D :D They stuffed us in Tir Na Nog and we had a fairly decent team, But i guess it is hard for one team to beat three. ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Interesting question then.
Try and pick a strongest 15 for your area.

I found it imposible for the South.

Ps does Marty Lavery stil lplay for Clans?

Uladh

Ah now that's juvenile and will only cause division. but....

I'd go for

Hearty

Shannon    Bellew      Kernan
McKeever  O'Rourke   Kernan

McKenna    O'Neill

O'Rourke   Kernan      Kernan
McConville  McDonnell O'Rourke

edit - adjustments on second thoughts!

IVEDECIDED

Yes he is. It would be hard to pick a team for all regions as people have different opinions on players abilities. All 3 regions would be strong and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. You can only play 15 at a time and there is surely 15 good players in all 3 regions. And get off your high horse about the south, there are plenty of dodgy players down there too! This is very intriguing now I wish it could happen on some level - maybe as a charity event each year. It would be great maybe even as a St. Paddys day event? If each region really committed to it as a one off each year it could be Armaghs 'Railway cup'.  :)