Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: qub la la la on January 08, 2008, 10:04:45 PM
dont think the latter part of that is appropriate for this thread or the gaa board as a whole seany.

Agreed. Seany i think you should go back in and modify that last comment as it's not appropiate for this site nor any site as it has nothing to do with GAA and could cause upset to people
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Good man Seany - judge, jury & executioner ::)

Seany

Modified and I apologise.  Got a bit carried away there.

I still stand by the rest of the post.  McKeever is getting Armagh in general a bad name with his cowardly judas tactics.  Not what the men in Thurles set out to create in 1884.

High Catch

Who would we like to see as Armagh Captain for the year ahead?

I personally think we should have a new captain this year.  One of the younger lads who have been around the team for the past 4/5 years.

Possibilities include A Mallon, B Mallon, R Clarke.

But if McGrane wanted it for another year then that would be no big problem i suppose.

ardmhaca08

Quote from: High Catch on January 09, 2008, 04:34:14 PM
Who would we like to see as Armagh Captain for the year ahead?

I personally think we should have a new captain this year.  One of the younger lads who have been around the team for the past 4/5 years.

Possibilities include A Mallon, B Mallon, R Clarke.

But if McGrane wanted it for another year then that would be no big problem i suppose.

mckeever? what do you think pints?  ;) ha just kidding!

gander

I'd go for McGrane, he's the natural leader of the team.  If he didn't want it I'd say it would go to A Kernan or Maybe Stevie

winsamsoon

Is Oisin still playing the year? If not Mc grane for captain i would give Mc Conville the nod. After all he is doing the business for the cross.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Winsamsoon, we have fallen out over this before. In my opinion the player had every right to go for the ball and just hit Oldham hard. It was a hospital pass from a Clans man. You have your version and I have mine and we are obviously not going to agree but every time you bring it up I will have to bring up the version that I believe but we will leave it at that and everyone in the ground was very relieved when Oldham got up.

diesel-smuggler

pints as i said in my comment to you it was no disrespect to you or silverbridge, ciaran mckeever, cullyhanna or any club for that matter but as soon as cullyhanna is mentioned on this site you go into overdrive and there is no denying it! i wouldn't be a big lover of some of the cullyhanna team but i do know others on the team and happen to get on well with them, the same possibly every team in the county.

i wasnt in crossmaglen on the day of your match with cullyhanna and i have heard from reliable sources that it was terrible what had occured i can only comment on what i have been told. anyone who is on this page regularly knows that their is definitely no love lost between you and ciaran mckeever or any of the famous 6 or 7 orchestrators of the brawl that day from cullyhanna.

i'm only stating my own opinion and my involvement in this page ended when the season ended not when our chances of promotion ended! i do happen to think that you are a valued poster on this page but i do certainly feel that the cullyhanna episode is alittle played out that's all!

pintsofguinness

You never answered my question DS - who started talking about what happened with Cullyhanna?  Was it me?

I take it by the lack of an answer that you now realise it wasn't me so why feel the need to come in and put the boot in (and announcing yourself as representative for everyone else on this thread) or where you just guilty of not reading the thread properly and some lazy posting?

and I note you have no objections to the clans and dromintee men talking about the Oldham incident again?

btw I don't care what your views or what anyone else's views of that day where, an odd comment here and there saying what happened was "terrible" etc is patronising in the extreme when you consider during the disgraceful handling of the matter by the county board the rest of the county turned it's back!  You call yourself clubmen and GAA men?! HA!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

pintsofguinness

Great comeback and you never answered my question.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Seany

Just back from Breffni.

Via

At least we have a 100% record

Goats Do Shave

What was the team & who played well?

illdecide

Could someone post the details of the game? I take it from that remark about 100% recored that we were stuffed again :'(

The team selection would be interesting to hear if any of you know it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch