Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

The second quote you selected was directed at corn and co pints. You have outlined reasons like they bully the county board and sign other players from other counties but surely this ain't he fault of cross if The county board are weak and players from other teams want to sign for them. So i still can't work out a valid reason where the bias comes from ??? ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

QuoteYou have outlined reasons like they bully the county board and sign other players from other counties but surely this ain't he fault of cross if The county board are weak and players from other teams want to sign for them. So i still can't work out a valid reason where the bias comes from
What?  Of course it's their fault that they bully the county board! Though the county board are knobs too. 
Cross also pursue other club's players. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

Sure so do clubs like mullaghbrack, harps and the ogs and i don't see any contempt for them. Our cross a special phenomenon. ??? surely all these clubs should come in for the same criticism. But i haven't seen any of it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 27, 2007, 03:19:39 PM
Sure so do clubs like mullaghbrack, harps and the ogs and i don't see any contempt for them. Our cross a special phenomenon. ??? surely all these clubs should come in for the same criticism. But i haven't seen any of it.
Well clubs in south armagh aren't worried about those teams trying to steal their players.
And as you well know stealing players is not the only issue. 

winsamsoon

Well clubs in south armagh aren't worried about those teams trying to steal their players.
And as you well know stealing players is not the only issue. 
[/quote]

Ok  :D just dismiss the issue. So are you only concerned with south Armagh then and forget about the rest of the county. It is ok for the rest of the teams to do it as long as it doesn't interfer with south Armagh. But the poor old cross are still the only team criticised for it ( once again my conclusion is because people are jealous of their success)

pintsofguinness

QuoteOk just dismiss the issue. So are you only concerned with south Armagh then and forget about the rest of the county. It is ok for the rest of the teams to do it as long as it doesn't interfer with south Armagh. But the poor old cross are still the only team criticised for it ( once again my conclusion is because people are jealous of their success)

I'd criticise any club for stealing players but I thought we were talking about Cross?
You've asked me why they're not liked and I've told you. 
I'm concerned about the bridge and harps or ogs havent been using their big names to try and coax children away from my club. 
Harps or ogs supporters don't act like tramps or bully the county board. 

BenDover

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 27, 2007, 03:19:39 PM

winsamsoon what are you on? The players joining the Brack from either of the Harps or Ogs are boys that are not getting regular football, and or don't want to play B' Football. I hardly think its a case of any team stealing players in this case!!

goh4205

Lads,

you's can talk around the issue all day, but Winsamsoon is right, jealously is the only issue here. He's also right about the clans, they are the next most successful club in Armagh history, thats fact.

So for talk sake pints the bridge starting winning everything before them and the had a structure were they had 4/5 players coming through every year from minor etc.  after 4/5 years everybody would start hacking the shite out of you's and i bet you would like it.

Success breads contempt from other clubs, but you can't faulty cross for that

anportmorforjfc

ARMAGH ACL TABLES - 2007

Division I
P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 11 10 0 1 20
Dromintee 13 8 1 4 17
Mullaghbawn 14 7 2 5 16
Pearse Og 12 7 1 4 15
Maghery 13 7 1 5 15
Clan na Gael 14 6 2 6 14
Harps 13 5 2 6 12
Whitecross 12 4 0 8 8
Culloville 13 3 2 8 8
Tir na nÓg 13 1 1 11 3

Division II
P W D L Pts
Killeavey 16 12 1 3 25
St Patrick's 13 12 0 1 24
Silverbridge 15 11 1 3 23
St Michael's 15 9 3 3 21
Carrickcruppen 10 7 0 3 14
Clann Eireann 13 7 0 6 14
Granemore 12 6 0 6 12
Ballymacnab 16 6 0 10 12
Keady 15 4 1 10 9
Wolfe Tones 16 3 2 11 8
St Peter's 16 3 0 13 6
Annaghmore 15 2 0 13 4

Division III
P W D L Pts
Sarsfields 15 13 0 2 26
An Port Mor 16 13 0 3 26
Madden 16 13 0 3 26
Collegeland 14 9 1 4 19
Lissummon 16 7 2 7 16
St Paul's 14 5 2 7 12
Tullysaran 15 5 2 8 12
Clonmore 17 6 0 11 12
Ballyhegan 14 5 0 9 10
Middletown 11 3 0 8 6
Clady 12 1 2 9 4
Crossmaglen II 14 2 1 11 5

Division IV
P W D L Pts
Belleek 14 12 0 2 24
Grange 15 10 1 3 23
Eire Og 14 9 0 5 18
Shane O'Neill's 11 7 2 2 16
Mullaghbrack 13 8 0 5 16
Dorsey Emmett's 15 7 2 6 16
Forkhill 15 7 1 7 15
Derrynoose 12 6 2 4 14
O'Hanlon's 15 4 2 9 10
Corrinshego 16 2 0 14 4
Phelim Brady's 16 0 0 16 0

pintsofguinness

Look lads, if it makes yous feel better to say that jealously is the reason cross aren't liked and ignore the real issues than go on ahead. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIs this just hearsay or have you actually seen Ross at a Carrickcruppen game.
Although he is now playing for an Armagh team sure ly it is unlikely that he would opt to play for Armagh ?

I would have thought its very unlikely that Mark Rooney would declare for Down.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

goh4205

ok then,  were do they steal players from???  and why would they have to do this whenever they have possibly the best structure of any club in armagh

pintsofguinness

Quoteok then,  were do they steal players from???  and why would they have to do this whenever they have possibly the best structure of any club in armagh
They steal players from their neighbouring clubs, john donaldson, john murtagh are not from Cross and have recently started targeting children in silverbridge.  Why do they do it, I've no idea.

diesel-smuggler

a representative from the management committee of the armagh county board was in contact with mark rooney when he got clearance from the ulster council for his inter-county transfer to carrickcruppen as regards to what his preference was should he be asked onto the county panel and he choose to remain with down.

ross carr wasn't at the cruppen games himself but he had mark rooney watched on 3 different occasions since he joined carrickcruppen

pintsofguinness

it was 2 different occasions a hour ago  :D