Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

Was the semi-final draw for the championship made last night? I heard that Tir na nÓg/Cruppin got Maghery and the Ogs will play the winners of Cross and Dromintee?

winsamsoon

Uladh i am quite happy to let things go, however i was responding to a post from corn, it was he who stated the name phantom. I was merely correcting him for his inaccuracy as you do for my spelling :) ;D. But i can let it go.

So was this draw made last night or is it to be made after the Cross game as stated?????????????????
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 22, 2007, 11:55:18 AM
Uladh i am quite happy to let things go,

Two years on, there is evidence to the contrary...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 22, 2007, 08:33:34 AM
He's in the hall of fame now....can do as he pleases!!  :P

But I don't get it! I don't read his articles too often but it's either local stuff (sometimes county) or something Houlie has been at or involved in.

Sure why not if he gets paid for it!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Is Houlie not a relation of Campbell's?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Armagh Exile on August 22, 2007, 06:15:48 PM
Is Houlie not a relation of Campbell's?

Aye I think campbell is houlie's father father in law??  Definitely related some way. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

Indeed consider Campbell's Monday article in the Belly Telly, this doesn't seem to give much chance to Dromintee!

Rangers next for Pearse Og after Ballymacnab scare
Monday, August 20, 2007
By John Campbell

Armagh Pearse Og were given a severe fright by Championship newcomers Ballymacnab in the quarter-finals of the County Senior Football Championship at the weekend.
Pearse Og, who have now booked themselves a trip to perennial champions Crossmaglen Rangers, just managed to edge out their feisty opponents on a narrow 1-7 to 0-9 scoreline.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Uladh

Quote from: Shooter on August 22, 2007, 10:41:21 AM
Was the semi-final draw for the championship made last night? I heard that Tir na nÓg/Cruppin got Maghery and the Ogs will play the winners of Cross and Dromintee?

I still haven't heard there's been any draw made for the senior championship semis, but its probbly been made in paddy og's head anyway.

wht about the intermediate final? there could be two more contrasting styles for a game in the county. the big and direct culloville against the small and agile whitecross. the manner of their semi final win could instill a sense of "name on the cup" in whitcross but a good big'un usually beats a good wee one.

downtown

is there any betting up on intermediate championship final yet? what is people views on it? id call whitecross 2 take it.  there will be a good game on before the intermediate final also, u16 all county final between ballymacnab and cullyhanna!

charlie stubbs

true enough point there uladh in reference to name being on the cup.

Grimley seems to be the new man with him resigning from cavan.Is there anybody that people think deserbve a chance on the panel?Read yesterday in irish news oisin may stay on for one year but i feel though an armagh legend his contribution from play has been limited over recent times and impact sub may be his best role if any.

Hope that Toal and Vernon get some serious action this year.Toal is the type of scoring threat we have been crying out for in the half forward line think he would complement o'rourkes work rate and mallons direct running.

From club football this year has anyone seen anyone that could push for a place that wasnt previously on panel?Whatever happened gareth smyth.Remember he was excellent for u21s few years back.How is Greg Loughran doing after his injury can any ogs men say?  

el_cuervo_fc

Locky has been on great form this year. He's been consistently one of our best players this year.  definitely would be an choice for a call up.

Nippy swift has also had a great year for the Harps since being dropped.  He was excellent against us when they beat us.

charlie stubbs

el cuervo do you think that he would be good enough to push for a starting place?saw swift once this year playing v clan nagael in abbey park was very impressed had a good range of passing and was able to come in round the middle and catch a good few kickouts.APPANTLY HE WAS ON THE BEER THE WHOLE DAY PREVIOUSLY AND THAT POSSIBLY LIES THE PROBLEM

el_cuervo_fc

I could definitely see him pushing for a place in the half forward line.  his fielding and reading of the game is outstanding.  He's also strong as an ox and can take some great scores.

Dunno what the story with Nippy was, but i'd say he was gutted.  The Harps would have been happy enough to have him back for their league campaign though.

illdecide

Swift is a good player but i'm not so sure if he'd be a regular for armagh under different management, it's hard to know what his best position is? Greg Loughran is a fine big honest player as well who can take a hit again i'm not so sure if he'd be a regular either.

If we were being totally honest with ourselves i think Kernan had the best players in Armagh with the county panel, we always used to slabber in north Armagh that Kernan was biased because he hated Lurgan people (and he prob does) but the reality was that there was no-one else there he could pick that was better than what he already had. we tend to be a bit more biased towards guys that play for our own clubs and say Kernan should have given him a chance but you'll prob find he wansn't that far away with his players.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

Both Swift and Loughran are better footballers than this years centre forward and given a fraction of the same chances, would develop into realistic options for the county team. certainly they are capable of winning ball as well as taking their man on and scoring & passing under pressure. three attributes armagh's man on the forty unbelievably didn't possess this year.