Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quotejust to let you know lads i was talking to a lad whos working on the athletic grounds and he told me its a f--king disaster apparently its supposed to be finished by feb 08 but he says it will be feb09. practically every job they do has to be redone because of vandalism and theft.

I know the son of the groundsman.  He says that even if it ever does get finished the field will be unplayable due to the never ending task of lifting broken bottles.  It only takes for one player to get sliced open and the county board would be in the sh*t to their necks. 

Goats Do Shave

Always thought they should have bought the College Fields. There's a massive area there where a fine stadium could be built. Easilly accessed from everywhere & plent of natural parking space!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteListen tac I realise that yous are having a love affair with the county board (and why not) but by your comments I can only assume you've never been on the receiving end of him.

Actually Pint I've more reason that most to complain about Mr Hearty's officiating on and off the pitch but I know the fella and he's not a bad lad. But here don't let it get in the way of your anti-Cullyhanna paranoia.

Mackers - you're fighting a losing battle, just accept that Cullyhanna are some sort of cross between Al Quaida, the Taliban and the Ku Klux Klan and you'll be ok with Pint here. Silverbridge NEVER do anything wrong - they are indeed the angels of Armagh football and all brawls they have ever been involved with were started by the other side. Punches you may ever have seen being thrown by Silverbridge men were in fact as a result of your brainwashing by the St Pats committee and their minions in the Armagh County Board.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on June 30, 2007, 11:44:58 AM
QuoteListen tac I realise that yous are having a love affair with the county board (and why not) but by your comments I can only assume you've never been on the receiving end of him.

Actually Pint I've more reason that most to complain about Mr Hearty's officiating on and off the pitch but I know the fella and he's not a bad lad. But here don't let it get in the way of your anti-Cullyhanna paranoia.

Mackers - you're fighting a losing battle, just accept that Cullyhanna are some sort of cross between Al Quaida, the Taliban and the Ku Klux Klan and you'll be ok with Pint here. Silverbridge NEVER do anything wrong - they are indeed the angels of Armagh football and all brawls they have ever been involved with were started by the other side. Punches you may ever have seen being thrown by Silverbridge men were in fact as a result of your brainwashing by the St Pats committee and their minions in the Armagh County Board.
I don't ever remember saying any of that.   ::)
I note you choose to attack me rather than defend your club but I suppose you can't defend the indefensible. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Cullaville beat Dromintee by about 10 points today. Dromintee absolutely terrible, as poor as they have been in a while. In saying that Cullaville did kick some good scores.

anportmorforjfc

an portmor beat clonmore 2-11 to 0-11 last night. i heard collegeland got beat by tullysaren. does anyone know if madden were playing

charlie stubbs

was at harps clans game this morn.harps 1-10 clans 0-11.clans seemed have more possession but didnt make mostof it,joe quigoley got goal for harps about all he did.nippy swifts passing really impressed surely a better option at chf than kernan?

corn02

Charlie you would probably be a better option than SK.

el_cuervo_fc

ogs beat mullaghbawn 2.9 to 13 points

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Congrats to Armagh ladies - beat Tyrone in the Ulster final at Clones - 3-14 to 2-09
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

fcuksake

was at the Harps V Clans game myself. Swift played rightly, must be said the first time I've seen him relaease the first time ball and it worked today. Clans had plenty of chances in the last 8-10 mins to win match. Paul ohagan missed easy 21yd free with a couple left to reduce the margin to 1, but he hit the upright, and as said earlier Oldham blasted wide from 6 yards to win the game for the blues in injury time.

Luckily for the Harps they had the right man on the ball with their one-on-one, as Joe Quigley calmly sent the ball to the bottom left hand corner of the net ;D ;D

IMO I thought the Harps defence were very poor today, but in the end it was all about winning the match. At this stage for the Harps Results are more important than performances.

Well done and another 2 points.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

David McKeown

Ballymacnab beat Annaghmore by a point today 1-11 to 0-13 in very controversial circumstances.  Will get a full match report up this evening.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stew

The harps are starting to climb out of trouble and that is great, Swift seems to be playing very well again and that is great news, the Harps need him even if the county don't!  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Sidelined

Armagh ladies were class, well done on winning four ulsters in a row

corn02

Congrats to Dromintee Ladies also who won the Junior Championship against Keady, actually a good match. First good Ladies match I ever saw.