Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Is tht Jim McGuinness if donegal and banned substances fame Seamie?

dexter

pdown79

Fair play to both team last night. Absolutely tremendous game of football played in the right spirit. It shows there isnt much between the two sides on the day!Carville didnt miss at all from frees even though he wasnt 50% fit! David turley again showed his experience with some unbelievable scores!I thought our defense throughout was superb and soaked up pretty much everything the clans had to offer even though there was a few heart stopping moments!As for mcalister, possibily the best performance ive seen in championship football from a teenager. Well done lads!

Armagh Exile

An Port Mor lost to Cullaville in the Intermediate Championship and Whitecross were winning well against St Peter's at half-time.
Anyone know who won this game and also any league games in Armagh which were played this afternoon?

Orior

So what happens TNN next time when the soccer boys dont turn up?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PatDaly

Dromintee beat Newtown tonight in Crossmaglen in the Armagh championship.

Final Score Dromintee 0-11 Newtownhamilton 0-4

Kevin Dyas 4 points
Benny McArdle 2 points
Martin O'Rourke 2 points
Micheal O'Rourke 1 point
Aiden O'Rourke 1 point
Gareth O'Neill 1 point

Dromintee were winning 8 points to 0 points with only 2 minutes of the first half remaining. Newtown then got 2 quick points to leave Dromintee winning 9 - 2 at half-time. I don't think Crossmaglen have anything to worry about for the next round.

fcuksake

Has a new internet cafe opened in Portydown ;) , or have they been handing out new computers on the main st. ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

The hands go up. You have to take the defeat on the chin and wish Tir Na OG all the best in the next round. I thought they got their tactics spot on again but the clans should have known their game plan from the first game. I also thought the referee awarded free kicks to Tir Na Og for some very soft challenges, They were not awarded the other way around. However Tir Na Og were clinical in their finishing and this was the difference. I think they had 24 shots on target and scored 20 of them. This alone would win most championship games. So good luck to them in the next round.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Smokin Joe

Whitecross beat St Peters by about a dozen points.

Best man on show yesterday in Abbey Park was the Cullaville 14 - Ciaran Hatzer I think.  He won every single ball that went into him and most of them were despatched pretty efficiently over the bar.

illdecide

Fair play to Tir Na nOg they probably deserved their victory espically over the two games and i hope they go on and beat Cruppin in the quarters. f**king woke up several times during sat night in a sweat about that match (hoping it was just a bad dream/nightmare) but on sunday morning reality sunk in :'( :'(, Tell ya what it's not much better this morning either :'( :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I'm hoping for a showdown with Maghery...we owe them big time for the 1983 semi final robbery. ;D

Incidentally very impressed with Maghery facilities. Scoreboard with the time countdown is brilliant and far exceeds that at most County grounds. One point though, there's not much point in having turnstiles built when you can watch the game for free 20 yards on up the hill. And before anyone asks, I paid my fiver on Saturday night

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on June 11, 2007, 09:12:50 AM
I'm hoping for a showdown with Maghery...we owe them big time for the 1983 semi final robbery. ;D

Incidentally very impressed with Maghery facilities. Scoreboard with the time countdown is brilliant and far exceeds that at most County grounds. One point though, there's not much point in having turnstiles built when you can watch the game for free 20 yards on up the hill. And before anyone asks, I paid my fiver on Saturday night

Sure you did Tony ::) Everyone knows your not tight with money ::) I seen you sitting on that Galvanised Barrier with your sun glasses on "Tight git" :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

It was great to see the "Lowergun" ones exit the ground pronto when the referee sounded the final whistle on Saturday night. The first time I've ever seen a Lurgan crowd silent or stuck for words! ;D

fcuksake

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 11, 2007, 08:18:59 AM
Whitecross beat St Peters by about a dozen points.

Best man on show yesterday in Abbey Park was the Cullaville 14 - Ciaran Hatzer I think.  He won every single ball that went into him and most of them were despatched pretty efficiently over the bar.

did hatzer not have a short stint on the county panel a few years back?
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Hank Everlast

From orchard county

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS FOR W/E SUNDAY 10 JUNE 2007

Wednesday 6 June

ACL – Division III
Clady 0-9; Tullysaran 0-9

Friday 8 June

Senior Football Championship Replay
Carrickcruppen 5-13; Clann Eireann 1-14

ACL – Division II
Silverbridge 1-16; Annaghmore 0-6

Division III
Ballyhegan 1-7; Lissummon 1-17
Clonmore v Middletown (Off)

Division IV
Derrynoose 1-5 ; Belleek 1-7
O'Hanlon's 2-9 ; Mullaghbrack 4-15
Corrinshego 0-7; Forkhill 0-15

Saturday 9 June

Clan na Gael 2-13; Tir na nÓg 0-20 (aet)

Intermediate Football Championship Quarter-final
Crossmaglen II 0-6; St Patrick's 1-16

Sunday 10 June

Dromintee 0-11; St Michael's 0-4

Intermediate Football Championship Quarter-finals
Culloville 1-17; An Port Mor 0-11
St Peter's 2-6; Whitecross 2-16

ACL – Division I
Mullaghbawn 0-12; Crossmaglen 0-15

ACL – Division II
Keady 0-12; Killeavey 2-11