Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 24, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on October 24, 2018, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 24, 2018, 06:31:00 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 24, 2018, 06:28:51 PM
Eoghan Murray is worth a go.

Ah man get a grip? Should be no call ups from Intermediate champions untill they've played one year in Senior.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Agreed. Packie mcconnell, Ciaran gourley, cathal mcshane, Ronan McNamee, the pomeroy lads before last year. All capable county players despite not being from senior clubs.

You're not getting my point. Every year there is a push made for more representation from the intermediate champions and more often than not its unwarranted. You named players above who in the most case had represented at underage levels. Bit of a difference. Although the point still be made that taking big packie and Gourley out, what exactly have we won with the others? Pomeroy with 4 county men couldn't get past Galbally.

RedHand88

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 24, 2018, 07:10:58 PM

Ah man get a grip? Should be no call ups from Intermediate champions untill they've played one year in Senior.

Agreed. Packie mcconnell, Ciaran gourley, cathal mcshane, Ronan McNamee, the pomeroy lads before last year. All capable county players despite not being from senior clubs.

You're not getting my point. Every year there is a push made for more representation from the intermediate champions and more often than not its unwarranted. You named players above who in the most case had represented at underage levels. Bit of a difference. Although the point still be made that taking big packie and Gourley out, what exactly have we won with the others? Pomeroy with 4 county men couldn't get past Galbally.

Back to back Ulsters for the first time in two decades, a division 2 league title and a slap of McKenna cups.

Goals_Will_Come

Don't know if Murray would be much of an upgrade on Burns or McLaughlin. Might be better to gave them more game time to see what they can offer.
I would like see Johnny Harkin get a chance but. Tyrone have a lack of depth around the middle and in my opinion would be an upgrade on McClure. Could also offer a full forward option. Thinking along the same lines I would like to see Conn Kilpatrick and Brian Kennedy also called up.

RedHand88

Brian Kennedy gets mentioned every autumn as an option but for whatever reason he never gets the call up. What age is he now?

Therealdonald

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 24, 2018, 07:23:25 PM

Back to back Ulsters for the first time in two decades, a division 2 league title and a slap of McKenna cups.
Lolololololololololol. See Kennedy mentioned, he's only young yet. Have to be looking at Shay McGuigan and Kilpatrick from what I seen this year.

smort

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 24, 2018, 07:41:55 PM
Brian Kennedy gets mentioned every autumn as an option but for whatever reason he never gets the call up. What age is he now?

He was only on the u20s this year

Gaafan2

Three county men. Brendy burns been out all year with a cruciate injury.

Under Lights

Tyrone are holding trials for potential new recruits this year. Been a long time since MH done this.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Under Lights on October 30, 2018, 08:15:36 AM
Tyrone are holding trials for potential new recruits this year. Been a long time since MH done this.

Maybe a stupid question - but are they open to the public?

Would be interesting to see some of those trial games.

Any names of who is making their way up?

southtyronegael

Is it invitation only or can clubs nominate players to send?

Jim Bob

Cavanagh and Hampsey gain an All Star. Cavanagh at full back and Hampsey at No 4.

Beggan gets one over Cluxton , also O Connell and McManus. 3 for Monaghan

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 01, 2018, 05:19:57 AM
Cavanagh and Hampsey gain an All Star. Cavanagh at full back and Hampsey at No 4.

Beggan gets one over Cluxton , also O Connell and McManus. 3 for Monaghan
The way they lined the team ended up ruling Ryan Wylie or Eoghan Ban Gallagher out. One of them should've got an all star with Colm Cavanagh our the field.

southtyronegael

any my word on whos been called for trials? heard Darragh Kavanagh[augher],brian kennedy[derrylaughan] murry and harkin[tattyreagh]. any others?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 08, 2018, 09:33:05 PM
any my word on whos been called for trials? heard Darragh Kavanagh[augher],brian kennedy[derrylaughan] murry and harkin[tattyreagh]. any others?
Ryan Gray from Trillick as well.

The Bearded One

Ulster Herald reporting a host of names including Murrary & Harkin from Tattyreagh, Benny Gallen, Brian Kennedy and Aidan McSorley have been invited into the McKenna cup panel. It also said it is to help make up numbers for a team when Tyrone team go on holiday.
It is what it is. Presumably.