Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Full time AET Belmullet 0-9 An Spideal 0-13. A bad day for Mayo clubs.

larryin89

Very surprised at belmullet result , was expecting great things from them , they were superb in county final . This is a prime example of why it is so difficult to gauge club at provincial stage . I understand it's easier with established senior clubs but at the same time clann are 4/1 today to beat corofin , would it really be that big of a shock if they beat a stuttering corofin who could of easily lost their county final the first day !
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

If Clann had strolled instead of stuttered past the London champions last week their odds to win would be much shorter today.should be a competitive game but Corofins experience should be enough to get them over the line.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

My Sunday hot take: Corofin are good at the old football. Even without the Burke's.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 11, 2018, 02:09:50 PM
My Sunday hot take: Corofin are good at the old football. Even without the Burke's.

Laying down the marker today and showing what they can do when they play against a team that doesn't play defensive against them.

larryin89

I got that slightly wrong .  :)

Barring a miracle it's ballintubber v Corofin , venue is castlebar as far as im aware .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Hyde park pitch looks in good shape.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GalwayBayBoy

Connacht finals decided.

Senior

Corofin v Ballintubber

Intermediate

An Spideal v Fuerty

Junior

Clonbur v Easkey

JoG2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 11, 2018, 03:25:01 PM
Connacht finals decided.

Senior

Corofin v Ballintubber

Intermediate

An Spideal v Fuerty

Junior

Clonbur v Easkey

This thread should have come with a spoiler alert!  :-X

Tubberman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 11, 2018, 03:25:01 PM
Connacht finals decided.

Senior

Corofin v Ballintubber

Intermediate

An Spideal v Fuerty

Junior

Clonbur v Easkey

Mayo. Ros and Sligo wins. Galway go from treble to whitewash.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

COC, DOC and whatever other acronyms are knocking about Ballintubber are the next ones on the conveyor belt to get smashed by Corofin. Really they only have themselves to blame if they don't win the AI this season given the level of competition.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
COC and DOC the next ones on the conveyor belt to get smashed by Corofin. Really they only have themselves to blame if they don't win the AI this year given the level of competition.

Crokes looked fairly handy themselves today. And Crokes (Kilmacud version) will be dangerous if they get through Leinster.

Ballintubber v Corofin will be interesting. Taking on Corofin in an open game of football is probably not the way to go so will Ballintubber go defensive and hope to nick enough scores on the break like Mountbellew almost managed the first day out.

whitey

COC, DOC and whatever other acronyms are knocking about Ballintubber are the next ones on the conveyor belt to get smashed by Corofin. Really they only have themselves to blame if they don't win the AI this season given the level of competition.

Castlebar brought Corofin to extra time last year.

Might be a lot closer than you think

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on November 11, 2018, 02:37:39 PM
I got that slightly wrong .  :)

Barring a miracle it's ballintubber v Corofin , venue is castlebar as far as im aware .

As did i get it wrong as i expected a competitive game. Based it on the fact that St Brigids brought that Corofin side to extra time last year and that Clann gave Brigids a good beating a few weeks ago.

I can't imagine Ballintubber will set up as poor in defence against Corofin so it should be a closer final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 11, 2018, 04:25:17 PM
COC and DOC the next ones on the conveyor belt to get smashed by Corofin. Really they only have themselves to blame if they don't win the AI this year given the level of competition.

Crokes looked fairly handy themselves today. And Crokes (Kilmacud version) will be dangerous if they get through Leinster.

Ballintubber v Corofin will be interesting. Taking on Corofin in an open game of football is probably not the way to go so will Ballintubber go defensive and hope to nick enough scores on the break like Mountbellew almost managed the first day out.

Clann's strength was supposed to be their defence, they weren't trying to play an open game. Which doesn't bode well for Ballintubber or anyone else with probably their best forward still to add into that attack.