Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on October 18, 2019, 04:27:12 PM
I've just watched snippets of it but Joe has well and truly burned his bridges with RTE following his interview with Joe.ie. 

"What they need is newsreaders, not people able to express an opinion"

I thought it was a great interview. Full of his usual stories that are probably all half true but I still find the man fascinating. A psychologist would have some craic working out what goes on in his head.

heffo

Quote from: JimStynes on October 19, 2019, 06:31:15 AM
I've just watched snippets of it but Joe has well and truly burned his bridges with RTE following his interview with Joe.ie. 

I thought it was a great interview. Full of his usual stories that are probably all half true but I still find the man fascinating. A psychologist would have some craic working out what goes on in his head.

He is great craic even if no-one really took him seriously and thought half the stories were made up.

The problem was he didn't seem to understand you cannot personally insult someone on live TV and get away with it, even if the previous Head of sport was a great guy.

JimStynes

He also uses a lot of unnecessary bad language

Olly

I'm sorta confused now. Are we to like him now or not?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Olly on October 19, 2019, 07:42:21 PM
I'm sorta confused now. Are we to like him now or not?
Same here, are we meant to feel pity for this narcissist?

Dire Ear

No pity for that bollox

Eamonnca1

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 18, 2019, 04:38:05 PM

Is it worth the watch? scrolled past it a few times but never clicked into it

I quite enjoyed it. He doesn't know how to swear though, it sounds a bit forced, like he's trying too hard to be cool. But I enjoyed his stories and hearing his side.  I had a good laugh at the Clinton story.

under the bar

Don't believe his bull. Joe did not get dropped by RTE because he refused to read a script. He got dropped because he continually made personal attacks on amateur sportsmen and managers, all the while getting handsomely paid to voice his opinion.

macdanger2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 19, 2019, 06:31:15 AM

Jaysus, wouldn't bother my hole listening to him. He had an extended TV run far beyond what his talents deserved, Good luck to him but I'm glad he's gone

imtommygunn

Quote from: under the bar on October 20, 2019, 12:51:02 AM
Don't believe his bull. Joe did not get dropped by RTE because he refused to read a script. He got dropped because he continually made personal attacks on amateur sportsmen and managers, all the while getting handsomely paid to voice his opinion.

Jaysus. I agree with you for once.

caprea

Yes Joe Brolly complained about RTÉ adopting the WWE approach of overwrought statistical analysis

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 02:18:34 PM
Quote from: caprea on October 21, 2019, 06:15:35 PM
Yes Joe Brolly complained about RTÉ adopting the WWE approach of overwrought statistical analysis

Dont shoot the messenger, I had a man on the inside.
Say what you want about Joe, great attacker in his day but this time he's successfully defended young Carr from down

screenexile

I may be wrong... but I'm gonna call bullshit on the Gaybo catching Joe skinny dipping story!!!

imtommygunn

Joe tells porkies shocker ;D