Attention OWCers

Started by gallsman, August 08, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 10:05:04 AM
Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 09:53:48 AM
Im not equalising.
I was responding to the original post when tony replied, i also chose to respond based on his comment.
as you responded to mine, as did lynchboy (again) - your response also not on topic - are you equalising?

All I was asking for was a frank assessment of your fellow OWCers behaviour...............
reminds me of the time when some little lad was wearing a ni tap (with loyalist ni flag) on the back of it around the workplace in vodafone when I was contracting there (obv he was one of the call centre casual clothes wearing staff).
A few of the lads with me took offense to this, and wanted to go over and remostrate with him - say what exactly I dont know.
However I pointed out that people should be allowed wear and display whatever they wanted (though a few mins later regretted saying that after seeing a few fat lassies wearing belly tops), plus that kind of behaviour was ancient history and left to the bitter unionists to carry on indulging in. Common sense prevailed. Its a pity that this carry on still happens in ni though.

I did see a couple of celtic tops walkingup the shankhill road once, I heard it was some kind of trophy-esque gesture by the local unionist lads. I found it bizarre! Anyone know anything more about this kind of thing?

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 10:21:59 AM
Thats the boy Chris
Dont comment on your fellow OWCers behaviour ::)

Any particular poster I should be commenting on?  

I answered gallsman's question on why I think he was suspended/banned.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

T Fearon

Believe it or not, I have a North of Ireland tap in my wardrobe myself. Won it in a competition a few years ago, but the silly bastards sent me a medium size...thats the reason I don't wear it ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lads, in fairness to nifan, he's normally very balanced with his views (occasionally sticks the head in the sand  ;)), I think youse actually jumped on him pretty quick there. At least he commented, chris eventually did, wouldn't expect anything from MW, EG, Sammy, GAWA etc...

nifan, curious as to why you don't post on OWC anymore? Granted it is boring as fcuk!
Tbc....

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on August 08, 2008, 10:32:54 AM
Believe it or not, I have a North of Ireland tap in my wardrobe myself. Won it in a competition a few years ago, but the silly b**tards sent me a medium size...thats the reason I don't wear it ;D

It wouldnt even go round your arm Fearon (BTW you were in a dream of mine last night - very,very disturbing)

Chris, any condemantion of some of the things that were posted in the thread Gallsman is referring to?
To me it smacks of bringing the country back to the dark ages

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2008, 09:57:46 AM
Then you said that any attempt to label you as terrorist would be taken very seriously by you and your 'close associates'.

I mentioned nothing about being labelled as a terrorist.

I mentioned nothing of the sort about "close associates"- in my mind this implies some shady link (perhaps Provo related) which I flat out rejected from the off and anyone who knows me would laugh at the thought of it. I was merely pointing out that OWC, like most forums has it's minority of gobshites who would surely jump at the chance to launch a personal assault from the safety of a laptop and I was advising them to choos their words carefully as I had ventured personal information in the hope of convincing them that my post was genuine, not an attempt to flame/troll.

Don't let this thread turn into a "get nifan" affair. I agree with practically eveything he writes on this site. Fearon is as bad as any of the infamous OWC ones and everybody on this board knows it.

nifan

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 08, 2008, 10:43:39 AM
nifan, curious as to why you don't post on OWC anymore? Granted it is boring as fcuk!

Partly because there was so much going on. When i started work I cut down the amount of time i spent on it.
Also I like discussing things with people from "the other side" so to speak, and there is a problem on OWC that twats like wazza start shite like that - i used to argue with them myself but then i got bogged down in that shite.

In the end i just post here now, most of the contributors here are sound, even when they have some opinions i disagree with. There are some obvious exceptions but i dont hold you all responsible for them!

rosnarun

very hard thread to follow this if galls man made the 'close associates' comment he deserved to be banned
if he didn't some one is doing a Character asassination.
Own up whos telling lies?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Main Street

Fightback  ;D

The mentality I don't get is that the OWC are in general resentfull and hatefully bigoted against Gaelic Games
but they blame the GAA for causing them to be bigotted ???
'It's the GAA's fault that we are bigots'  ::)

If it wasn't Kevin Lynch it would some crest or some traitor like Casement or the focus would be on the terrorist tricolour or the sectarian AnbF.
Closed minds locked shut by bitterness.

nifan

I dont think its fair to say in general their MS.

Chrisowc

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 10:44:06 AM
Chris, any condemantion of some of the things that were posted in the thread Gallsman is referring to?
To me it smacks of bringing the country back to the dark ages

I didn't think any more condemnation was required.  Anyone with half a brain wouldn't have come out with the comment about people living near him with GAA tops.  But then the poster condemned himself by admitting he was a bigot.

full back

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 11:48:18 AM
I didn't think any more condemnation was required. 

Especially not from you  - eh

Main Street

Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 11:41:28 AM
I dont think its fair to say in general their MS.

Majority opinion  =  General opinion
The default opinion which overwhelms any thread.

Right down to some mild over intellectual sneering condescensding attitude to the GAA (EG?)  which for some insecure reason needs to repeated verbatim.

Chrisowc

nifan

Loudest voices dont always speak for the majority MS.