American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: rory on November 22, 2018, 09:55:06 AM
Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2018, 10:27:30 PM
Duke and Gonzaga live on ESPN right now, No 1 vs No 3.

Sounds like it was an absolute classic.  89 - 87 to Gonzaga.  Duke missing a lot of shots in the last minute to tie it.

It was excellent, 4/5 serious prospects on view.

The 3 Duke boys are currently predicted for 1st 3 draft places but Hachimura from Gonzaga was probably best on view last night.

Zion is an absolute beast, 300lb tank.

Oraisteach

O-H-I-O. Underdogs at the Shoe. Go Buckeyes!

AZOffaly

It's a great occasion. I love the Game. Hopefully ND can close it out tonight as well.

Some game between Virginia Tech and Virginia last night.

Oraisteach

Two Michigan TDS in 6 secs. Screw it anyway! C'mon Bucks.

AZOffaly

Great win for the Buckeyes.  Alabama giving Auburn a bit of a caning in the second half after Auburn hung with them pretty well in the first. Stidham hasn't really developed as much as Auburn hoped. Bama are a machine though.

Oraisteach

Sadly for us, I think the playoff teams will be Bama, Clemson, ND, and Oklahoma, with us st #5, unless Texas can pull off another upset.  Buckeyes finally looked top notch today. O-Line was terrific.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 25, 2018, 12:02:50 AM
Sadly for us, I think the playoff teams will be Bama, Clemson, ND, and Oklahoma, with us st #5, unless Texas can pull off another upset.  Buckeyes finally looked top notch today. O-Line was terrific.

If SC shock ND both Oklahoma and Ohio State might make it. If ND win and Alabama beat Georgia I think Oklahoma will be in alright.

omochain

Warriors are righting the ship. Just won by a point, thanks to a "wedgie". Looking forward to seeing, Steph, Cousins and Draymond join the fray.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 24, 2018, 11:36:12 PM
Great win for the Buckeyes.  Alabama giving Auburn a bit of a caning in the second half after Auburn hung with them pretty well in the first. Stidham hasn't really developed as much as Auburn hoped. Bama are a machine though.

An absolute joy to watch.  Cant see Georgia or anyone getting close to them.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 25, 2018, 07:41:21 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 24, 2018, 11:36:12 PM

An absolute joy to watch.  Cant see Georgia or anyone getting close to them.
Unreal shenanigans at LSU - A&M

Minder

Have only a passing interest in the college game, why are Bama so dominant year after year, even after losing so many players to the NFL ? Is it player recruitment, Saban?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

A recruiting machine year after year. That Alvin Kamara couldn't break into a Bama RB stable that already had Derrick Henry, Yeldon, and Kenyan Drake is all you need to know.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 25, 2018, 05:38:02 PM
A recruiting machine year after year. That Alvin Kamara couldn't break into a Bama RB stable that already had Derrick Henry, Yeldon, and Kenyan Drake is all you need to know.

Saban is a bad coach?  ;D

Oraisteach

No, never said that Saban was a bad coach, seanie, but he's a top-notch recruiter. Heck, I could coach that talent to a bowl berth.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 26, 2018, 07:49:41 PM
No, never said that Saban was a bad coach, seanie, but he's a top-notch recruiter. Heck, I could coach that talent to a bowl berth.

I know, I was being a bit tongue in cheek because Kamara is miles ahead of those other RB's. Though I'd imagine playing for a dominant team at college level means it's harder to differentiate between players above a certain level.