Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 21, 2019, 10:04:46 AM
Not a great performance apart from Rashford, Herrera & Lindelof but another good result.

A shame that Spurs scored, gives them such a lift to get the result late on with Harry Kane. I think they've got Leicester & Watford at Wembley in the next few weeks, they won't be easy game. Chelsea in bother, they got 27 points from their first 11 games now only 20 points in their last 12 games. I think 80 points should do it which would mean 11 wins and 3 draws from the remaining 15 games.

It'll hardly take 80 Maroon? On current form 4th place is Chelsea at 2 points a game which would equate to 76 points by seasons end, I'd reckon unless they get a top striker they'll struggle to maintain that pace. I think 74/75 points makes top 4.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on January 21, 2019, 12:55:47 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 21, 2019, 10:04:46 AM
Not a great performance apart from Rashford, Herrera & Lindelof but another good result.

A shame that Spurs scored, gives them such a lift to get the result late on with Harry Kane. I think they've got Leicester & Watford at Wembley in the next few weeks, they won't be easy game. Chelsea in bother, they got 27 points from their first 11 games now only 20 points in their last 12 games. I think 80 points should do it which would mean 11 wins and 3 draws from the remaining 15 games.

It'll hardly take 80 Maroon? On current form 4th place is Chelsea at 2 points a game which would equate to 76 points by seasons end, I'd reckon unless they get a top striker they'll struggle to maintain that pace. I think 74/75 points makes top 4.

I hope you're right.
Chelsea have 15 games left, 10 wins and 3 draws takes them to 80 points; Depends on the impact Higuain has with them but they've also got Thursday night football and I'd fancy them to go far in that competition.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: HiMucker on January 21, 2019, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 20, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 20, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
All paper talk anyway and will probably amount to nothing, I know they have very high hopes for Tuanzebe so would be surprised if they go after another defender of the same age unless he was something very special. We've got 10 defenders, we need a proper clearout in that department; Could easily make a strong case for getting rid of 6 of them.

Just hoping OGS makes Rashford his centre forward; Martial, Pogba & Mata will reap the benefits of him.

You can't be serious?? Persevere with Lukaku, get him into shape and get his confidence back.  Rashford is the new Danny Wellbeck.
This could be like Dunphys take on Ronaldo
More than a few people said as much. I've seen the moniker 'Rashbeck' unkindly used on occasions in various online places.

I was starting to wonder myself if he really the real deal when he was only delivering in patches. His option taking had been letting him down badly, especially in front of goal.
Some talented young players kick on and develop into a polished players, others don't and are still doing the same bone-headed things a decade later.

Thankfully Rashford has been heavily backed by OGS and is repaying this with some excellent performances.

Cunny Funt

Not sure what Scott McTominay has done to receive contract today until 2023? much better players at the club not signed up long term yet.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 21, 2019, 05:13:34 PM
Not sure what Scott McTominay has done to receive contract today until 2023? much better players at the club not signed up long term yet.

I'd say his was significantly easier to negotiate than others?

stiffler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 21, 2019, 05:13:34 PM

A lot of players will want to know who will be in charge in the summer before putting pen to paper.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 21, 2019, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 21, 2019, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 20, 2018, 07:20:28 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 20, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
All paper talk anyway and will probably amount to nothing, I know they have very high hopes for Tuanzebe so would be surprised if they go after another defender of the same age unless he was something very special. We've got 10 defenders, we need a proper clearout in that department; Could easily make a strong case for getting rid of 6 of them.

Just hoping OGS makes Rashford his centre forward; Martial, Pogba & Mata will reap the benefits of him.

You can't be serious?? Persevere with Lukaku, get him into shape and get his confidence back.  Rashford is the new Danny Wellbeck.
This could be like Dunphys take on Ronaldo
More than a few people said as much. I've seen the moniker 'Rashbeck' unkindly used on occasions in various online places.

I was starting to wonder myself if he really the real deal when he was only delivering in patches. His option taking had been letting him down badly, especially in front of goal.
Some talented young players kick on and develop into a polished players, others don't and are still doing the same bone-headed things a decade later.

Thankfully Rashford has been heavily backed by OGS and is repaying this with some excellent performances.

It's kinda clear from that poster's handle that incisive, accurate commentary are not the objective.

Boycey

FA Youth Cup on at 7pm...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on January 21, 2019, 06:49:42 PM
FA Youth Cup on at 7pm...

Forgot about it until they were 3-0 down. Thats a shocking result, would imagine it increases the chance of Greenwood getting a game with the 1st team though.

Lots of talk about new contracts for De Gea, Martial, Pogba & Herrera. Herrera has been excellent the last 6 weeks and is out of contract at the end of the season, would expect him to stay. Nothing on Mata though, I'd keep him as he offers something different to the rest.

Boycey

They were shocking in the 1st half, it looked like Brighton might score everytime they had the ball. Garner probably the pick of them.

Mata is probably at an age now where he'll want 1st team football rather than be a squad player? The clubs ineptitude in letting so many contracts run down is absolutely staggering.

magpie seanie

Ya, disappointing for the Youth Team last night. Sometimes you get that with young lads.

6 weeks ago Martial, Pogba and Herrera were all heading out the door so I'd cut the club some slack for this one. Unless you think they should have given those players contract against the will of the manager at the time. Mata should be kept for the reason MM outlined and he doesn't look to me like someone who's keen to move.

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 22, 2019, 04:13:43 PM
Ya, disappointing for the Youth Team last night. Sometimes you get that with young lads.

6 weeks ago Martial, Pogba and Herrera were all heading out the door so I'd cut the club some slack for this one. Unless you think they should have given those players contract against the will of the manager at the time. Mata should be kept for the reason MM outlined and he doesn't look to me like someone who's keen to move.

It makes no sense to let players get to this stage of a contract ,regardless of who the manager might be, at any club? Their resale value is significantly reduced, De Gea could concievably walk away this Summer for a fraction of what he's worth? Secondly all the power in negotiations is with the player who can basically demand what they like from the club in wages knowing the alternative is the club having to pay a premium maybe to buy a lesser player for the same position..

Yeah Mata may stay which is grand by me, but he's also not your typical footballer and I think at 30 almost 31 he'll realise his playing days are coming to an end and value playing more than being an backup plan.

Over the Bar

2 great assists by Lukaku but his direct hit was a gem!  ;D

Over the Bar

Pistols off, rapiers on!   ;D

Over the Bar