Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoring Zone

out of all the counties tyrone monaghan galway and mayo ended up with a shit draw, div1 vs div1 high probability of going out, dublin, kerry et al have div 2/3 cake walks to get them up and running. we have a decent team that can compete and will go to quarters and possible a semi but not enough class, end of, jim galvin or eamonn fotzmaurice would be getting the same results.

monaghan did the obvious shut donnelly harte and sludden down and hope for the best (mcmanus) who is as good a forward that i have seen, has everything, different class.

the questions i would ask is around the so called preparation and 'professionalism' specially round cavanagh, coming off a really long season, and a history of niggles and age, fcuked into tyrone matches and training and gets hurt, then rushed back to play, what is the panel for and 4 nights a week training, doing when there is no other replacement or plan B. i would love to see the appearances or minutes played by all of the panel in the last 3years i would say after 19 there would be a big divide.

on o'neill when it's your 2nd or 3rd time subed in and out player and management needs to realise this isn't happening and do your club a favour and go back and give them the time, play and win more and he is not the only one, there's a few players that have been never done injured or it hasn't worked out for them, shit happens go back to the club start enjoying your football and forget about the gear.

Tyrone Gaa

Cavanagh is definitely not done!! Worst statement I've seen on here in a long time. He 'bluffs' (as you put it) in round the full back line because that's the role he is given. He could be as easily thrust into the full forward line and asked to play as a target man that he was as a minor when he won an all Ireland. If he was unleashed and allowed to carry the fight he would be a different animal.

That wouldn't work because Harte needs a sweeper as part of his system and there is no finer sweeper in Ireland. There is no trust in the panel for others to step up and Colm Cavanagh hasn't kicked a ball for his club and didn't feature in the latter league games.

McNulty and McClure surely have to be questioning their role in the setup. 

I thought McShane was very poor today. Mickey has a panel of 35ish? Are there any of the other 9 outside of the 26 named today going to be knocking the door down for a chance next day out?
Living the dream!!!

TopOfTheRight13

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 20, 2018, 11:29:00 PM
Cavanagh is definitely not done!! Worst statement I've seen on here in a long time. He 'bluffs' (as you put it) in round the full back line because that's the role he is given. He could be as easily thrust into the full forward line and asked to play as a target man that he was as a minor when he won an all Ireland. If he was unleashed and allowed to carry the fight he would be a different animal.

That wouldn't work because Harte needs a sweeper as part of his system and there is no finer sweeper in Ireland. There is no trust in the panel for others to step up and Colm Cavanagh hasn't kicked a ball for his club and didn't feature in the latter league games.

I thought McShane was very poor today. Mickey has a panel of 35ish? Are there any of the other 9 outside of the 26 named today going to be knocking the door down for a chance next day out?

Sure why not play Kyle coney ronie o Neill and Darren mccurry as sweepers too then sure they played starring roles for there minors in all ireland wins. Living in the past. I beg to differ on finer sweepers in ireland when you play a defensive system... Colly cav wouldn't lace cian o sullivans boots.. You think for one second cavanagh would make Dublin /kerry team.. I think not. Surely Richie donnelly has to be given a chance... Breed the new blood... Mick mckernan was standout... Ciaran mcloughlin worth a shout too

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 11:50:24 PM

Sure why not play Kyle coney ronie o Neill and Darren mccurry as sweepers too then sure they played starring roles for there minors in all ireland wins. Living in the past. I beg to differ on finer sweepers in ireland when you play a defensive system... Colly cav wouldn't lace cian o sullivans boots.. You think for one second cavanagh would make Dublin /kerry team.. I think not. Surely Richie donnelly has to be given a chance... Breed the new blood... Mick mckernan was standout... Ciaran mcloughlin worth a shout too

Go to bed, you've got school in the morning... my point was Cavanagh can play any role he is asked to play. A current all star and at least 2 out of the last 3 years Tyrone County player of the year. I do think that Cavanagh would play on them county sides when fully fit but that's an opinion and hypothetical situation.

All isn't right with Tyrone, forgetting the performance we seen O'Neill's reaction when subbed showed discontent and anger towards Harte something we haven't seen from anyone aimed at Harte publicly. Sean Cavanagh has been very critical since leaving the panel, I'd imagine Colm's thought process would be similar. Petey Harte showed frustration punching out. He actually hit out of the ball in the play prior that went un-noticed.

I still expect to make the super 8's but the cracks are appearing. I'm nearly expecting to see a few players leave the panel within the next fortnight.
Living the dream!!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: Localexpert on May 20, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44153287

Did anyone see this interview in the build up to today?  Maybe our players should stop worrying about how good looking they are and how great/bad their hair looks and concentrate on the size 5 oneills what you reckon?
only after seein this! what a fuckin embarressment. forget about all irelands with guys like this playing.

our_fella

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 21, 2018, 12:18:28 AM
Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 11:50:24 PM

Go to bed, you've got school in the morning... my point was Cavanagh can play any role he is asked to play. A current all star and at least 2 out of the last 3 years Tyrone County player of the year. I do think that Cavanagh would play on them county sides when fully fit but that's an opinion and hypothetical situation.

All isn't right with Tyrone, forgetting the performance we seen O'Neill's reaction when subbed showed discontent and anger towards Harte something we haven't seen from anyone aimed at Harte publicly. Sean Cavanagh has been very critical since leaving the panel, I'd imagine Colm's thought process would be similar. Petey Harte showed frustration punching out. He actually hit out of the ball in the play prior that went un-noticed.

I still expect to make the super 8's but the cracks are appearing. I'm nearly expecting to see a few players leave the panel within the next fortnight.

What happened when oneill came off?? Missed it on TV

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: redhandofgod on May 20, 2018, 08:14:10 PM
Ronan McNamee was absolutely shite today....

You serious, He didnt give McManus a kick of it for 65 minutes!!

sensethetone

Got the feeling Harte didn't want to put RON on.. Mark Bradley was limping, he had got attention twice, at the end he basically took himself off. Nobody was warming up. Tyrone were winning at that stage.

BIGONE

Friday's Irish News - Mickey Harte - "The Cream always rises to the top"
I have news for you Mickey - A turd always floats to the top too.
Now, pack our bags!

Under Lights

Quote from: BIGONE on May 21, 2018, 08:22:49 AM
Now, pack our bags!

Hi Ronan.

BIGONE

Quote from: Under Lights on May 21, 2018, 08:44:19 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on May 21, 2018, 08:22:49 AM
Now, pack our bags!

Hi Ronan.

;D ;D ;D

Christmas Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 21, 2018, 12:26:37 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on May 20, 2018, 10:57:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44153287

Did anyone see this interview in the build up to today?  Maybe our players should stop worrying about how good looking they are and how great/bad their hair looks and concentrate on the size 5 oneills what you reckon?
only after seein this! what a fuckin embarressment. forget about all irelands with guys like this playing.

Check out these couple of grandads

Bit of light "harted" (do not excuse the pun) fun.  Bit of a laugh, see nothing wrong with it, nice to actually see some different sides to players rather than the usual boring shite they have to regurgitate for the media.

If your thinking this had an impact on the result yesterday, you really need to get your heads checked  

Taylor

The interview is a bit of craic ans shows some personality to the players.

Of more concern is how much the players actually want to win. Where is the will? There were no leaders to drag us over the line. MH doesnt seem to have instilled any steel in them.

His tactics are questionable and his man management even moreso.

I have always defended MH but yesterday leaves me questioning his tenure for the first time ever

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 08:58:47 AM
The interview is a bit of craic ans shows some personality to the players.

Of more concern is how much the players actually want to win. Where is the will? There were no leaders to drag us over the line. MH doesnt seem to have instilled any steel in them.

His tactics are questionable and his man management even moreso.

I have always defended MH but yesterday leaves me questioning his tenure for the first time ever

Where is the will to win from the players??  Thats very harsh.  I think people aren't giving Monaghan enough credit here either.  Looking at some of the posts on here, Tyrone supporters are almost like Manchester United fans in thinking that their team should be swatting every opposition aside playing entertaining, swashbuckling football.  Monaghan are a very very decent team and as yesterday showed, they have a strong panel with subs having a big impact on the game.  O'Rourke is a top top manager as well as how he has developed Monaghan since he took them over is one of the most impressive transitions in modern day football. 

Tyrone kicked 1-16 yesterday.  One goal and sixteen points, its right kicking in 70 minutes yet people here think we are too negative

Monaghan where the better team on the day, it was a game between 2 teams currently amongst the top 5 teams in Ireland.  They could play again this weekend and Tyrone could beat them, there is very little between the two teams.   

The hysteria on here when Tyrone lose a game is Manchester Unitedesq as I have said.

Tyrone will still get to super 8's, there arent too many counties outside the top 4 or 5 teams who will / can beat them.  Put your pads back on lads.

trailer

Harte has lost the team by the looks of it. Even setting aside RO'N's strop, Tyrone conceded 1-18 with their 'defensive system' - that's shocking. It looks like the players are simply doing their own thing. Also while Monaghan were very good, the fact Tyrone constantly gave away scoreable frees for Beggan to stroke over, just showed a complete lack of discipline.
Niall Morgan had another poor day at the office. MF didn't help him to be fair, but coming up to kick that free really put the tin hat on things.
Outside of Skeet very few won their own personal battles. 2nd best all round I'm afraid and if the draw is unkind it'll be a short summer.

I hate to say Harte out, as that's just lazy and Monaghan were a serious animal yesterday but perhaps he has taken this group as far as he can?