Rose of Tralee

Started by bombidal, August 23, 2010, 04:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 24, 2016, 12:13:50 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 23, 2016, 10:36:40 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2016, 07:59:42 AM
The Toronto Rose Petra might have been called Peter a few years ago.....

I'll be sure to pass on your observations to her friend who works in the office with me   ;)

She'll be devastated I'm sure
Laoislad is a sexist pig? Who knew?!
Shut up you stirring shit! ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

The Offaly Rose had lovely technique in pucking the balls into the crowd. A lovely swing!

screenexile

Jesus... is there any danger of this muck ending?

The Irish have done well to shun the bejaysus, begorrah top o the morning nonsense that the World views us by the last twenty or so years and then we have the f**king Rose of Tralee to ruin it all!!

It's an abomination and surely after Father Ted they should have binned it!!

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on August 24, 2016, 12:13:08 PM

The Irish have done well to shun the bejaysus, begorrah top o the morning nonsense that the World views us by the last twenty or so years and then we have the f**king Rose of Tralee to ruin it all!!

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't belong on telly.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 23, 2016, 11:10:00 PM
Can't watch this without thinking of the 'lovely girls' on father Ted. One of my favourite episodes. ;D

Quote from: screenexile on August 24, 2016, 12:13:08 PM

That Fr Ted episode has really put the tin hat on this for me as well, just can't take it serious any more, but those cute Kerry hoors keep fleecing the tourists each year with it and they'll continue to do so until the €uro's from it dry up.

Boycey

It wouldn't be my cup of tea either but there is a very simple solution to it lads, just don't watch it... The fact that it's on live tv and attracts such a worldwide interest suggests there is a market locally and globally for it..

seafoid

ViewIng figures down by one third over 6 years. Young wans are not interested
In terms of the overall situation  RTE has a huge challenge with people under 20 who don't and won't watch telly. The licence fee discussion will get interesting.

imtommygunn

Broadcast tv is dying on it's feet sf. It's not specific to rose of tralee. Viewing figures can't be trusted any more. People will either watch it back or stream it later if they're going to watch it.

Industry wide problem.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 26, 2016, 09:16:23 AM
Broadcast tv is dying on it's feet sf. It's not specific to rose of tralee. Viewing figures can't be trusted any more. People will either watch it back or stream it later if they're going to watch it.

Industry wide problem.
yeah. But the RoT has its own specific problems.
Internet has destroyed the telly business model. People can watch what they want when they want. Telly advertising is down as well. The vast majority of ad money now goes through Google and FB.

imtommygunn

Yeah but how do you know the rot "problems" you talk about are not the tv broadcasting problems? Do the numbers constitute recordings and streamings of it?

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 26, 2016, 09:29:55 AM
Yeah but how do you know the rot "problems" you talk about are not the tv broadcasting problems? Do the numbers constitute recordings and streamings of it?
Do you know about views on the RTE player Vs views live? I imagine people wouldn't watch as much online
I would like to see viewing stats by age for the RoT. I bet they are focused on 40+

Rois

Aristo 60

This is just a sympathy post Rois!

Come on the Down Rose!

BennyCake

Do they all have lovely bottoms this year?

Cunny Funt