Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on March 07, 2019, 04:54:10 PM
Just watched the closing stages on BT there, where did the ref get the extra 6 minutes of injury time he added to the 3 mins already allocated? I checked there it was just over 2 mins from going to look at VAR to award of peno, PSG argued and attempted to intimidate Rashford for 2ish mins, should time really be added for that? 30 secs for goal? My head was gone, I'd of been relatively happy at winning 2-1 but to win and have it snatched away would have been cruel.
Was wondering the same as i watched it live. Also what was DeGea at by punching that ball late on instead of catching it?

Milltown Row2

Oh it doesn't matter now, will be popcorn at the ready next week! I just wonder..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Muck Savage

I've done exactly that in games when charging a shot down, turning my back and intentionally using my arms to make myself bigger but when it hit my hand used the "Complete accident" excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if this defender did the same, maybe not. I would have been livid if that was awarded against United but I'd also be saying WTF was the defender at jumping with his back to it. It's something you would expect from Jones!
Great to get the win, lucky but you make your own luck and they team worked their arses off. Lukaku was shot for the last 15 mins.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Muck Savage on March 07, 2019, 07:35:47 PM
I've done exactly that in games when charging a shot down, turning my back and intentionally using my arms to make myself bigger but when it hit my hand used the "Complete accident" excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if this defender did the same, maybe not. I would have been livid if that was awarded against United but I'd also be saying WTF was the defender at jumping with his back to it. It's something you would expect from Jones!
Great to get the win, lucky but you make your own luck and they team worked their arses off. Lukaku was shot for the last 15 mins.

Away outta that. You never blocked a shot in your life, barring shots your own teammates took!!

BennyCake

Just seen highlights. What the feck was De Gea at punching that ball?! Sweet Jesus! Best keeper in the world me hole.

Muck Savage

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2019, 10:03:23 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on March 07, 2019, 07:35:47 PM

Away outta that. You never blocked a shot in your life, barring shots your own teammates took!!

And that's probably the reason you were able to sell the dummies so easily!

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyCake on March 07, 2019, 11:35:46 PM
Just seen highlights. What the feck was De Gea at punching that ball?! Sweet Jesus! Best keeper in the world me hole.

He is the best, don't think there is any doubt about that but he complete browned the togs with that punch. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

It was a penalty. The refs knew it. Kimpembe knew it. He did exactly what Muck Savage described. Argue about the rules but as they're constituted it was a correct decision.

johnnycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 08, 2019, 09:50:07 AM
It was a penalty. The refs knew it. Kimpembe knew it. He did exactly what Muck Savage described. Argue about the rules but as they're constituted it was a correct decision.

The Utd lad who took the shot was only interested in getting the corner all the same....

Tough call, but as Roy Keane says, he gave the referee a decision to make................................

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on March 08, 2019, 10:46:14 AM

The Utd lad who took the shot was only interested in getting the corner all the same....

Tough call, but as Roy Keane says, he gave the referee a decision to make................................

He shouted at the ref claiming a handball.

magpie seanie

Quote from: trailer on March 08, 2019, 10:48:43 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 08, 2019, 10:46:14 AM

He shouted at the ref claiming a handball.

Absolutely. Dalot made a big deal of it alright.

Jeepers Creepers

The only people seemed to making a big deal of it was Dalot and me screaming at the tv 'handball ffs...

STREET FIGHTER

If the penalty had of been given against UTD I suspect the narrative would be very (very) different...

A really kind call.....it is what it is at this stage...

Boycey

Matic and Martial the only 2 of the injured players back in the squad for tomorrow

rrhf

Never liked the french since Henry handball.