No, NO, NEVER etc

Started by An Fear Rua, June 22, 2007, 09:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

No apology in gay 'repulse' row 

Junior Stormont minister Ian Paisley jnr has refused to retract claims he made about gay people harming society.
Speaking on Thursday night's Let's Talk programme, he said expressing regret about his words would be "the worst thing I could do."

Mr Paisley added: "What is done is done, I've said those comments why should I try and hide what I've done."

He reportedly said he was "repulsed" by homosexuals in the Dublin-based music magazine Hot Press last month.

However, he added that he did not hate gay people.

Sinn Fein accused him of "dangerous homophobia" and demanded he apologise.

However, on the BBC programme, Mr Paisley said he had broken no law and his views were not against the law.

The department in which Mr Paisley works is responsible for ensuring equality for all in Northern Ireland.

His executive colleague, Margaret Ritchie of the SDLP, who also appeared on the BBC NI programme, said she would like to see Mr Paisley jnr disciplined by the first and deputy first ministers.

Its Grim up North

Long time dead

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 22, 2007, 09:29:45 AM
No apology in gay 'repulse' row 

Junior Stormont minister Ian Paisley jnr has refused to retract claims he made about gay people harming society.
Speaking on Thursday night's Let's Talk programme, he said expressing regret about his words would be "the worst thing I could do."

Mr Paisley added: "What is done is done, I've said those comments why should I try and hide what I've done."

He reportedly said he was "repulsed" by homosexuals in the Dublin-based music magazine Hot Press last month.

However, he added that he did not hate gay people.

Sinn Fein accused him of "dangerous homophobia" and demanded he apologise.

However, on the BBC programme, Mr Paisley said he had broken no law and his views were not against the law.

The department in which Mr Paisley works is responsible for ensuring equality for all in Northern Ireland.

His executive colleague, Margaret Ritchie of the SDLP, who also appeared on the BBC NI programme, said she would like to see Mr Paisley jnr disciplined by the first and deputy first ministers.

Ian Snr should could send him to bed without any supper and Martin could just carry out a simple knee capping!

SammyG

He should be sacked but unfortunately he won't be as, depressingly, a huge number of people (including a lot on this board) agree with him.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Yes, he should be sacked.

I wonder why is Jnr so 'repulsed'.      :o
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 10:06:36 AM
He should be sacked but unfortunately he won't be as, depressingly, a huge number of people (including a lot on this board) agree with him.

Sorry Sammy, but I don't agree with him!
Tbc....

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 22, 2007, 10:16:50 AM
Quote from: SammyG on June 22, 2007, 10:06:36 AM

Sorry Sammy, but I don't agree with him!

Didn't say you did, but a lot on this board (and in NI in general) do unfortunately. You only have to look at some of the threads on here and other message boards as well as letters to newspapers etc.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I would be interested to know who on this board agrees with Ian Ogs comments??
Tbc....

An Fear Rua

Quotea huge number of people (including a lot on this board) agree with him.

Sammy obvioulsy has a particular post or posters in mind when he made this statement, it would be daft to put such a generalisation up.....
Its Grim up North

SammyG

Quote from: An Fear Rua on June 22, 2007, 11:04:14 AM
Quotea huge number of people (including a lot on this board) agree with him.

Sammy obvioulsy has a particular post or posters in mind when he made this statement, it would be daft to put such a generalisation up.....

There have been several threads on this board, where homophobia has been rampant (to coin a phrase), I wouldn't think that would come as a shock to anybody. If you want specifics, give me ten minutes and I'll have a trawl through the old threads.

bingobus

Did anyone see the Keith Allen documentary on C4 last night "Keith Allen will burn in hell". It was about an extreme religious group in the US.

How to say they were homophobic was putting it mildly. There latest protest was at the funerals of dead US soldiers from Iraq where they praised god for their death and thanked god for giving the Iraqs the bombd to kill them. They weren't protesting against the war but rather against the US army which allows gays or "fags" as they called them, to join the army.

America is doomed they reckon.  :o

SammyG

Quote from: bingobus on June 22, 2007, 11:13:44 AM
Did anyone see the Keith Allen documentary on C4 last night "Keith Allen will burn in hell". It was about an extreme religious group in the US.

How to say they were homophobic was putting it mildly. There latest protest was at the funerals of dead US soldiers from Iraq where they praised god for their death and thanked god for giving the Iraqs the bombd to kill them. They weren't protesting against the war but rather against the US army which allows gays or "fags" as they called them, to join the army.

Saw it a while ago, absolutely frightening especially the way they were brain washing the kids.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I came across a radio programme last night about gay men and women in the British army in the 1950s - apparently, they were riddled with gay people then and were often dismissed from the army for 'unnatural friendships' and being 'morally repugnant' - I suppose if Jnr had his way, they'd all be sent off to Rathlin Island to starve to death.

Make no mistake, hating gays for Jnr is just the thing end of the wedge - I'm sure there's a lot more prejudices in that wee head of his waiting to come out.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ziggysego

Quote from: bingobus on June 22, 2007, 11:13:44 AM

Taped it to watch later. I saw Thereoux with them at the beginning of the year. Scary viewers, complete nutters.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

I can only assume you are talking about the Westboro Baptist Church crowd?

Nutters - the lot of them