Computer Speakers

Started by cicfada, June 20, 2007, 08:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Hi folks, I know one of you can help me with this problem!I have speakers plugged into the computer, the light comes on but no sound.Mute is not on in  the little icon in the taskbar.They just stopped working last week and it's really bugging me!!There must be some setting in the control panel that is disabled or something.Kids are driving me wild  with " Puter  broken, Puter broken!!" so can anyone help please??

stephenite

Sometimes the sound scheme in XP gets switched or deleted inadvertently by software, go to Control Panel=>Sounds &Audio=>Click on the Sounds tab, see if there is a scheme selected? In here you will also find a list of default windows sounds and you can hit the play button to hear these, if you can, the issue is most likely that there is no sound scheme selected - select the default one and you should be right.

If this doesn't work it's probably either a connection issue or hardware problem with the sound card

cicfada

There's nothing happening at all . Is there a way to check the soundcard out??Is it hard to replace?Thanks for your help  btw!

Square Ball

can you plug the speakers into something else to see if its them that are the problem?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid