Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Joe telling us the blindfolding himself and kicking points in Trinity story again in the Sindo today. It's getting pretty tired now.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Jinxy

He's hanging on by his fingernails for the start of the league.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on January 23, 2017, 09:03:56 AM

No shi*, when he has to throw in another B Flynn story, you know he is scrambling big time.

yellowcard

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on January 23, 2017, 12:17:56 AM
Joe telling us the blindfolding himself and kicking points in Trinity story again in the Sindo today. It's getting pretty tired now.

How did he know he scored them?

Main Street

Quote from: yellowcard on January 23, 2017, 10:49:00 PM

Joe doesn't need eyes in order to see.
Joe has inner vision.

Keyboard Warrior

Wonder what Brolly would make of this:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/duffy-welcomes-crackdown-on-us-summer-exodus-35395811.html

Young amateur players having restrictions placed on them as they travel abroad. I'm waiting for thoughtcrime rules to be brought into the GAA any year now too.

johnneycool

Quote from: Main Street on January 24, 2017, 12:29:56 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 23, 2017, 10:49:00 PM

Joe doesn't need eyes in order to see.
Joe has inner vision.

Like a jedi is our Joe it seems..

5 Sams

Quote from: Jinxy on January 23, 2017, 09:03:56 AM

+1. I enjoy Joe's writing...I dont always agree with what he says...but I enjoy the way he gets his message across...in fact I buy the Gaelic Life every week just to hear what he has to say...saves me buying the Sindo...but this week....f**k sake Joe that was putrid stuff. Lets hope Derry give him something tonight to write about next week.
The Aristocrat Years

Seany

His single transferable article. Spout shite about stuff he knows nothing about, so he chooses to lampoon it and then finish off with an insult, this time to Enda McNulty again. I bet Enda is regretting not giving him a kick of it every time he marked him. Brolly is a hateful, spiteful, selfish man.

Take Your Points

ck

Find that McNulty fella very hard to take. Speaking of himself in 3rd person serious name dropper

Main Street

Quote from: ck on January 29, 2017, 12:56:56 AM
Find that McNulty fella very hard to take. Speaking of himself in 3rd person serious name dropper
You'd find that McNulty fella very hard to take, speaking of himself in 3rd person  ;D   

"You can worry too much about cynical sports psychologists and what they say about you, but all you need to do is find the focus on what's needed to be completed, what you need to do in order to achieve that and realise that psychologist cannot change what you need to do. Focus, commit, focus, commit ............."  Joe Brolly May 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: ck on January 29, 2017, 12:56:56 AM
Serious namedropper unlike Joe who regularly speaks to unnamed county players.

Beffs

Quote from: LeoMc on January 30, 2017, 10:18:05 PM
Serious namedropper unlike Joe who regularly speaks to unnamed county players.

You're joking, right?  :o

yellowcard

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-the-current-era-is-the-most-depressing-in-the-history-of-the-gaa-35424042.html

Never knew that Gilroy was willing to become the director general. That would have been interesting. Hard to disagree with the content, the GAA has shown very weak and poor leadership over the last decade and has drifted aimlessly as both adult playing members and attendances continue to decline. The hierarchy have become completely detached from the grass roots that they so often claim is their primary concern.

I'm sure Duffy and O'Fearghail are both good GAA men but they are not what the GAA need, they need visionaries and people prepared to think outside the box and show real leadership by taking brave decisions for the good of the games. I really hope that the GAA style champions league format is not voted for by the counties becasue it is a complete fudge of the fixtures issue and will only create even more elitism.