The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

He is a smart man Uladh and I am sure he knows the squad is most defientely well off Premiership champions standard. However United won the league this season with a poor squad and I suppose that mirrors Liverpool in Europe.

For Liverpool to be challengers alot of changes will have to be made, how would you rate their current squad Uladh (P.S are you for game tonight?)

Uladh

i think liverpool's squad players (outside the starting 11) are far too mediocre. united got lucky early in the season with injuries but it caught up in the end. the same players played every week, twice a week and got results in the league and in europe but as a result ther legs were gone a month ago. when rafa rotates his squad players in, they are achieving mostly draws or losses in the league. a tip top squad will be able to absorb 5/6 changes and still go to places like bolton, everton, etc and get three points. for anyone outside of chelsea, it is not possible to challenge for a league as competitive as the epl and europe successfully similtaneously (without a huge slice of luck). for the forseeable future, united will challenge for the title and the champions league will be a nice bonus if it happens. unless liverpool spend major bucks (the currency of choice) in the summer, they too will have to prioritise again. rafa set out his stall at xmas to go as far as he could in the cl as the title was already beyond him.

If i can bluff off training later i'll get up to the game. can't see yous living with cross at the minute though

corn02

No but should be a good game.

Couldn't agree more regarding Lyour analysis of Liverpool by the way.

AZOffaly

At least this time he gets to make a graceful exit. Obviously not the player he was, but I'd still prefer a fit Fowler to any of the other strikers we have.

Cheers 'God'.

heganboy

I'm with Az- underutilized this year IMHO, thought we would have seen a lot more and we probably should have in the premiership. Sunderland?
Any thoughts on whether he'll see a bit of Champions league action- still the most natural goal scorer in our panel by a long long way
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

charlie stubbs

taking the positives from fowler leaving,though a legend best days gone.means that with him leaving and probably bellamy,that we will get a least one top striker during summer

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Fowler was and always will be my Favourite Liverpool player  God your a living legend!! :'(
hope he comes to the states might get to see him before he retires!

The Real Laoislad

Fowler was a legend what a player
John Aldridge is my all time favourite with Fowler a close second
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

My All Time Liverpool favourite players

1) King Kenny
2) Alan Hanson
3) Ian Rush
4) Robbie Fowler
5) Ronnie Whelan
6) Graeme Souness
7) Jamie Carragher
8) Jan Molby
9) Ray Clemence
10) Steven Gerrard

Tony Baloney

It would be great if Robbie could get a CL winners medal after missing out in 2005. Maybe he'll come on as a sub and score the winner deep in injury time of extra time! What a way to go!!!!  ;D

Did Syd get the ax from the forum?

Tony Baloney

My favourite players:
Kenny Dalglish
Ian Rush
Peter Beardsley
John Barnes (although he was a lazy bollox)
Jan Molby
Robbie Fowler
Steve McMahon
John Aldridge
Alan Hansen
Steven Gerrard