The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

EC Unique

Quote from: High Catch on May 04, 2007, 12:51:37 PM
See Gerrard looking to end his career at Anfield. £120,000 a week.  At least it would put an end to the annual transfer speculation. Altough i'm don't think he will ever have thoughts about joining Chelsea now ;)

Is he worth this much?

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteGILLETT: NOTHING COMPARES TO ANFIELD
Jimmy Rice 03 May 2007
George Gillett believes nothing in world sport compares to what he experienced at Anfield on Tuesday night.
And while the American knew he was buying something special when he arrived on Merseyside earlier this year, he admits it has only this week dawned on him what it means to be part of Liverpool Football Club.

"What can I say after Tuesday night? It was magical," said Gillett.
"It was like attending the greatest sports event you ever go to on steroids. Nothing can compare to it.

"I couldn't have imagined when we bought the club the kinds of experiences we've already had. David Moores told me I had to understand what it was like and I would nod and say, 'Yes, we understand'.

"Really, neither I, Foster or the Hicks family could say we did. This is so much bigger and so much more important to so many people than we could ever have imagined.

"We walked around town on Tuesday to see some of the sights. There was a lot of singing going on, and I know this may shock a few people, but there was quite a lot of beer drinking. And I'm sure there was a lot after the game, too!"

Gillett again spoke of his desire to one day sit on The Kop – whether in its current form or in its new incarnation as the centerpiece of the club's new stadium.

"I wish I had been on The Kop on Tuesday, but I was concerned it would be a distraction. We've acknowledged the importance of The Kop already since we arrived and it's clear why the new stadium must be designed around it.

"We'll try to have as many seats in there as there used to be when it was originally a standing area. That's our ambition.

"That was once 24,000. We may not be able to get that many, but we'll certainly go beyond the 12,000 we have now."

On the subject of The Kop and its inhabitants, Gillett also made public his concern about ticket allocations for Athens.

He said: "What's on our minds more than anything now is the fans. This is all about them. I'm really interested in the statistics for the tickets to the finals.

"UEFA has taken over 20,000 tickets already, so it's going to be very difficult for everyone to get tickets.

"We have huge support and I'm really sorry for those fans who follow the club everywhere and won't be able to get tickets. It's a huge challenge for the organisers but a very difficult situation.

"Our aim now is to go on and win the Champions League, but there's one thing we can be absolutely certain of: the players and the fans will never quit.

"They'll give their all to win. They have a spirit unique to the north west of England, which you see on the pitch in Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard.

"I saw the banner on The Kop before the game which read, 'Not English but Scouse'. It sums it up.

"When you have that heart in the team and combine this with the energy and ability of those around them, it's quite a combination.

"I could not believe the passion of Dirk Kuyt on the pitch. He never stopped running and it was amazing to see."

The more I hear from this guy - the more I like him

Gabriel_Hurl

So long Flo-Po

QuoteLiverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle's loan spell at Recreativo Huelva has become a £2.7m permanent move.

Sinama-Pongolle, 22, has signed a contract until June 2011 with the Primera Liga club.

The France Under-21 international's loan, which began at the end of the season, contained an option to buy him.

He told Recreativo's website: "I'd like to thank the club and the fans for the affection they have shown me."

Sinama-Pongolle was bought by Liverpool from Le Havre in 2001 along with distant cousin Anthony Le Tallec, but both remained with the French club until 2003.

Neither were able to hold down a regular first-team place and Sinama-Pongolle spent the second half of last season out on loan at Blackburn.

Recreativo president Francisco Mendoza said: "Today is a very happy day for all those connected with Recreativo.

"We have waited for the moment of seeing Sinama as a member of the club.

"We have obtained him by putting in the most important financial push of this organisation in its 118-year history."

The Real Laoislad

Will always remember him for scoring soon after coming on as a sub against Olympiakos it set us on the road for another great comeback and ultimately on to winning the Champions League  8)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SuperSub

I actually thought he was a decent little player certainly better than this Vororin player they are bringing in

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 04, 2007, 02:22:19 PM
More fake Liverpool jersies

Were those jerseys you posted yesterday real?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Fowler after missing a sitter :( just before half time

0-0 half time v Fulham
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham 77mins

Harry Kewell on for Liverpool :o

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

All over 0-1 Fulham

Liverpool didn't look that bothered today,another reserve team out today apart from Alonso,Sissoko and Bellamy
Fowler had two great chances and good to see Kewell back because im  for one am a fan of the Aussie and i think a fit Kewell is a great asset to the Pool
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Regarding the Liverpool jerseys from a few pages back, I found this which substantiates one of the designs.....geez look at the Chelsea away effort :-(
http://www.soccer-tops.com/sections.htm?sid=4
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 05, 2007, 11:01:21 PM
Harry Kewell an asset? A depreciating asset  >:(
That would be the same Harry who came off injured in Istanbul when we were 3-0 down, but was the first man to run onto the field when we won. Actually the fastest he had run all night.

In fairness we should give him the benifit of the doubt,he was injured,a fit Kewell is worth having in the squad IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 06, 2007, 10:51:21 AM
Harry bottled it in Istanbul, his injury got worse as the goals went in. He should go in the summer, in fact he should have gone a long time ago.

Really?

Check out when Kewell went off