The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I'm with Syd - I really don't know if I'll be able watch a final against Man Yoo without being sick with nerves!

Uladh

A terrible game of football which both teams were determined not to lose after the tie went to one each.

If 0-0 was worth three points, liverpool could win the league, but there is no other possible way for that to happen.

It must be difficult to have been a liverpool fan throught eighties and to now have to watch this current shite.

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 02, 2007, 10:57:57 AM
2 Jose is on his way out of English football
Catch happen soon enough IMO

bingobus

Quote from: An Lark on May 02, 2007, 10:15:53 AM
One thing that struck me last night watching - how can Liverpool leave Anfield?

History, tradition, atmosphere. What a place.

It will be very hard to leave Anfield behind and take nights like that to the new stadium but to be competitive in the future it has to be done.

The plus side is that the new stadium is literally a stones throw from Anfield, people will know the area, still go to the same pubs etc.
The club have been active in getting supporters views on the stadium and have stated that it will retain a single tier at one end i.e The Kop end. They have been in discussion with supporters groups to retain the atmosphere but in fairness Anfield can be like a lot of EPL grounds for league games, where the atmosphere is poor at a lot of games.

The Yanks are big into stadiums and rumour is that they are planning to scrap the current stadium design to make it bigger 70k plus. This will delay move for at least a year, as a whole new Transport plan would have to be put in place.

Also Gillet said that he wanted to watch the game from the Kop last night but wasn't allowed by security. It may have been big talk but he was known for it in the states apparently and instead he went to Derby Square in Liverpool yesterday when he heard that alot of supporters where meeting there. He happily chated to all who approached him and posed for pictures. An impressive talker by all accounts.

Couldn't imagine the Glazers been able to do this.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Uladh on May 02, 2007, 10:36:03 AM
A terrible game of football which both teams were determined not to lose after the tie went to one each.

If 0-0 was worth three points, liverpool could win the league, but there is no other possible way for that to happen.

It must be difficult to have been a liverpool fan throught eighties and to now have to watch this current shite.

::)

Quote from: full back on May 02, 2007, 11:01:39 AM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 02, 2007, 10:57:57 AM
2 Jose is on his way out of English football
Catch happen soon enough IMO

Wonder would it be worth sticking a few quid on Alyardyce being next Chelsea boss?

Quote from: An Lark on May 02, 2007, 10:15:53 AM
One thing that struck me last night watching - how can Liverpool leave Anfield?

History, tradition, atmosphere. What a place.

Very same thing crossed my mind last night,But im sure the new stadium will be just as good as it's the fans that make it not the bricks and mortar

You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

just a few delightful images flaoting about today

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5368506

QuoteCouldn't imagine the Glazers been able to do this.

no they wont, unlike like liverpool fans who seem to welcome becoming a US franchise, there are still a large and active group in Manchester who absolutely detest what has happend with the glazers. The glazers will never be able to walk about Manchester safely. They have to sneak in and out everytime, and its not very successful. They were attacked last week at the lowry hotel.

I dont not condone etc etc blah blah blah
Its Grim up North

Mayo4Sam

Rick Parry Classic

"I guess when you've invested £500m it's a fantastic season to win the League Cup. He's welcome to his opinions, we care about Liverpool."
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bingobus

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

no they wont, unlike like liverpool fans who seem to welcome becoming a US franchise, there are still a large and active group in Manchester who absolutely detest what has happend with the glazers. The glazers will never be able to walk about Manchester safely. They have to sneak in and out everytime, and its not very successful. They were attacked last week at the lowry hotel.

That is what I meant, well aware of the dislike towards the Clazers at United, have a mate who is into the boycott and I fear mentioning their names round him.

I think the difference between the Liverpool and United fans view point on the US "franchise" (as you put it) is that Liverppol needed the investment, be it Thai, Dubai or Yankee, we needed the money for the stadium, players and to become more competitive in all areas (Marketing, Transfer etc). Liverpool had more to gain than to lose and the supporters porbably had alot of faith in David Moores and so trusted him when he said this was the best option. Soccer is a business and we were been run like a second hand car dealership.

United had everything - Stadium, Fanbase, transfer funds, marketing, global brand etc. They had nothing to gain from a takeover and more to lose. That prob is the reason for the hositility and I can see why a lot would be apprenhensive but due to Uniteds massive fanbase, it wouldn't affect the Glazers plans until the club slide on the pitch. No sign yet.

Would you agree with this been the reason between the Fans reactions to the US takeovers?

As a sie, is it true that there is actually a big rivalry between FC United and the United Fans (albeit the more "hardcore" element" that stayed loyal) and that they has been a few "disagreements" this season? Maybe its idle gossip.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Uladh

Quote from: bingobus on May 02, 2007, 12:58:23 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 12:08:37 PM

United had everything - Stadium, Fanbase, transfer funds, marketing, global brand etc. They had nothing to gain from a takeover and more to lose.

You say that as though there was a decison made somewhere to accept it. i assume you've heard of the free market economy they run over there?

also, no fan of any club, anywhere, has any say in who owns their club. this will always be dictated by the pound note and any group of fans who think they have some semblence of ownership of their club are deluding themselves

Orior

That was some abuse Carragher was giving Crouch last night. And Crouchie didnt take it lying down.

What was it all about besides "GET STUCK IN THERE CROUCHIE!!!!"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

An Fear Rua

Ha Ha, you could not make this up.

Just heard on the radio that while reina was pulling off heroics last night, some of the lovable locals were pulling away in his porsche after removing several items from his house. Thats gratitude for you.

What is it about Liverpool players and having their cars pinched, wasnt so long ago someone helped themselves to Riises 4x4 thanks to the fishing rod through the letterbox trick.
Its Grim up North

Declan

Reina's house ransacked

The home of Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina was burgled last night while he played in last night's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

The Spaniard booked Liverpool's place in the final by saving two out of three penalties in a shoot-out.

He returned from the celebrations at 12.45am to find that his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked.

Jewellery, a Bang and Olufsen entertainment system, personal documents and a grey Porsche Cayenne with Spanish number plates were taken.

The Porsche was found burnt out in the West Derby area of Liverpool at 6.30am, according to Merseyside Police.

Reina did not want to comment.

The burglary follows a trend of footballers' homes being targeted, often when they are playing matches.

The Merseyside home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's goalkeeper from the 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out, was burgled in June 2006.

He was on holiday in Poland when thieves took his Porsche car, jewellery and football memorabilia, including his European Cup medal.

Daniel Agger, who scored for Liverpool last night, had his Wirral home burgled in September last year.

Reds striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.

Everton winger Andy van der Meyde was burgled twice last year, including one raid in which his pedigree puppy was taken.

Wayne Rooney also lost memorabilia, including his BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year trophy, when his parents' Liverpool home was burgled in July 2006.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 02, 2007, 01:18:35 PM
Ha Ha, you could not make this up.

Just heard on the radio that while reina was pulling off heroics last night, some of the lovable locals were pulling away in his porsche after removing several items from his house. Thats gratitude for you.

What is it about Liverpool players and having their cars pinched, wasnt so long ago someone helped themselves to Riises 4x4 thanks to the fishing rod through the letterbox trick.

Probably Everton fans ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

That is what I meant, well aware of the dislike towards the Clazers at United, have a mate who is into the boycott and I fear mentioning their names round him.

I think the difference between the Liverpool and United fans view point on the US "franchise" (as you put it)

Its not me who puts it like that its the likes of the glazers and gillette, check their press releases, its their (American) terminology

As a sie, is it true that there is actually a big rivalry between FC United and the United Fans (albeit the more "hardcore" element" that stayed loyal) and that they has been a few "disagreements" this season? Maybe its idle gossip.

lets just say there have been a few heated discussions about the subject among the more "active element" of the support coupled with a few internet warriors mouthing or should i say typing off.

pm me your mates name, ill most likely know him.
Its Grim up North