The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 01, 2007, 11:19:00 PM
He was hoping Chelsea would win shoot out,probably because he could berate Benitez's tactics
Once again he's left with egg on his face,What did he say after Barcelona? Benitez was found out tonight or something to that effect ::)

Eh? He said Liverpool were "certain" to win. His only reason for hoping Chelsea would win was to keep The Special One in English football.

The Real Laoislad

He said he "hoped" Chelsea won
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 01, 2007, 11:21:17 PM
He said he "hoped" Chelsea won

Because he wanted to Mourinho to survive. Sympathy for a fellow anti-Christ, I guess

The Real Laoislad

I don't believe that were his reasons i reckon he wanted to be proved right about Liverpool

Anyways what odds does it make he's a w**ker and a bitter bitter man
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stephenite

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2007, 11:05:23 PM
I knew as soon as Robben placed the ball that he was missing.  I turned to BC junior and told him he would miss.  His whole body language said it.

Was just up out of bed in Sydney and flicked on SBS to see if I could get the result, saw there was 10 minutes left in Extra time, as soon as the final whistle went the first shot I saw was of Mourinho going over to Robben and he was shaking his head saying no, when I saw him step up for the peno I turned to herself and said he's going to miss, you're right BC1 , he choked big time, reminded me of your old managers saying, "I don't want the guy who'll turn up to a Saturday night challenge in his disco pants and score 2-6, give me the man who'll burst his gut in the last five minutes of a championship match when the fat is in the fire"

Well done to Liverpool, don't care who wins really but would like to see a UnitedvPool fina

bingobus

blast05

QuoteHe was hoping Chelsea would win shoot out,probably because he could berate Benitez's tactics
Once again he's left with egg on his face

I fairness to Dunphy he called the penalty shootout to a tee and he specifically said that the reason he hoped Chelsea would win was that Mourinho did not deserve to end on such a note and as one with only a passive interest in soccer, i would have to agree on this latter point

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bingobus on May 01, 2007, 11:35:08 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 26, 2007, 04:17:05 PM

;D

Internet Message board premature ejaculation   ;D  ;D

I did warn Norf Tyrone but would he listen to me?

Nooooo. ;D

O'Neills Therapist

GalwayBayBoy

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: blast05 on May 01, 2007, 11:35:39 PM
QuoteHe was hoping Chelsea would win shoot out,probably because he could berate Benitez's tactics
Once again he's left with egg on his face

I fairness to Dunphy he called the penalty shootout to a tee and he specifically said that the reason he hoped Chelsea would win was that Mourinho did not deserve to end on such a note and as one with only a passive interest in soccer, i would have to agree on this latter point

Well anyone who has"more than a passive interest in soccer" will know what w w**ker Dunphy is and i don't believe those were his reasons i think he had other motives why,Mainly so he could give us his most laughable quote to date "Gerrard is a nothing player" Or "Benitez was found out tonight" He was just waiting to tell every one how right he was

ps  Blast for some one who only has a passive interest your very opinionated about soccer
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 01, 2007, 11:45:20 PM
Jose being a gracious loser as usual. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO8FxTmAqjk

How can he say with out laughing that Chelsea were the better team tonight?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: blast05 on May 01, 2007, 10:31:08 PM

And also, for what its worth, IMHO Liverpool getting to the champions league final (and winning it 2 years ago) devalues the title of "best team in Europe". There is no possible way they can be considered as such regardless of their results in the champions league

How many times does "the best" team win any competition, especially one played in a knock-out format?

Are Italy the best international side in the world? Were Greece the best in Europe three years ago? Would Arsenal have been the best had they held on last year?

Liverpool have knocked out Chelsea and Barcelona. Had one of those gone on to win it, you probably wouldn't be making this complaint.

And let's say the competition returned to league champions-only entry. If United pip Chelsea for the league title by a point, suggesting two very closely matched teams, would it not be devaluing the competition to lose a team of the quality of Chelsea (or vice versa), thus giving a team from a weaker league an increased chance of winning it?

To use an example closer to home, Dublin had a relatively handy passage to the All Ireland semi-final last year. Say they had beaten Mayo (a mere two point swing) in the semi, and caught Kerry on the hop in the final. Would the All Ireland championship thus be deemed a devalued competition?

The Real Laoislad

No sign of Syd tonight lads he must be on the porter :)
My heart is still racing i'll never get to sleep tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.