The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Elleray would have sent Keane off for farting...was the second yellow not for getting involved in handbags with Hendry and Co...
The Aristocrat Years

bingobus

Lads, bit of a free for all today - discussing fans, diving, you supports who, who plays for who, etc.

Name of thread - "Liverpool Supporters Thread". Alot are use just posting to have a cheap shot but I'd hold off till the tie is over, not at halftime.

The game it self was disappointing, toothless up front and a bit careless at the back. If Steve Finnan was playing I don't think Cole would have got that goal. Agger should have also dealt with it better. Chelsea did create the better chances and could have won by 2-0 without dominating possession.

Second leg will be tight again and may go to extra time. Chelsea will be happy to play on the break which will be dangerous for both teams, as Liverpool are bound to get a few clear chances while Chelsea can play on the break and to their strength.

Couple of grips about last night - Crouch gets penalised for his height. He gets up early for a ball, wins the header, Cech jumps with him but is caught under him and wins a cheap free out. Not saying it was a goal chance but eased the pressure.

Also Maureen has no shame - claiming it was a penalty as "fact" yet it was clearly outside the box and weather it was a free was debatable. He was clearly relying on second half info, as the replays show he didn't react during the actual incident.

Heard commentatotr comment that Crouch hasn't scored when subbed on. You would imagine that he would be an impact sub with his height but obviuosly needs to start. And needs wingers to supply him i.e Pennant.

SlimShady

Crouch put his arm across that of Cech. That was obvious to anyone and is blatantly clear in the replay.

gawa316

Quote from: bingobus on April 26, 2007, 02:35:36 PM

Also Maureen has no shame - claiming it was a penalty as "fact" yet it was clearly outside the box and weather it was a free was debatable. He was clearly relying on second half info, as the replays show he didn't react during the actual incident.

Just to add to that, the twat slated us for playing long ball to crouch when he came on. Well what the f**k was that **** cole doing everytime he got the ball...thats right pumping it up to that other **** up front. Does he not realise the irony of what he says. Goes back to slating Barca for diving...this is the ultimate irony when he has the likes of robben, drogba etc not to mention his porto team

bingobus

To me Crouch got up early and had his Arms up (which is natural when jumping), Cech jumped under him and was restricted by crouch but not as a result of a foul. I thought the replays showed that Crouch eyes were fixed on the ball.

But i would expect you keepers to stick together.

full back

Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2007, 02:55:47 PM
Well what the f**k was that **** cole doing everytime he got the ball...thats right pumping it up to that other **** up front.

Wouldnt mind being from Chelsea - quite a lot of cnuts there :D
What do you really think of them gawa?

lurganblue

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 26, 2007, 02:25:01 PM
Elleray would have sent Keane off for farting...was the second yellow not for getting involved in handbags with Hendry and Co...

this could all be very true but nevertheless he dove.

ronaldo, drogba etc are in a complete league of their own in this diving crap. what ever happened to a player being tripped or kicked but still trying his best to stay on his feet.

gawa316

Quote from: full back on April 26, 2007, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2007, 02:55:47 PM
Well what the f**k was that **** cole doing everytime he got the ball...thats right pumping it up to that other **** up front.

Wouldnt mind being from Chelsea - quite a lot of cnuts there :D
What do you really think of them gawa?

They are all c***ts..well maybe a few twats in there aswell. However they are effective at what they do. Strong defense...hit long balls to drogba...knock downs to midfield...deflected goals.

Declan

Was it just me or did Stevie G jump in with both feet on Carvalho in the second half last night??

Wasn't mentioned and he didn't catch him but I thought he tried to do him??? 

Norf Tyrone

QuoteAlso Maureen has no shame - claiming it was a penalty as "fact" yet it was clearly outside the box and weather it was a free was debatable. He was clearly relying on second half info, as the replays show he didn't react during the actual incident.

Mourinho had the grace to apologise after the game in the press conferance. He stated it should've been a free-kick, and the ref made a mistake. However stated that he also made mistakes, and that the ref had a fairly good game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 26, 2007, 03:47:07 PM
QuoteAlso Maureen has no shame - claiming it was a penalty as "fact" yet it was clearly outside the box and weather it was a free was debatable. He was clearly relying on second half info, as the replays show he didn't react during the actual incident.

Mourinho had the grace to apologise after the game in the press conferance. He stated it should've been a free-kick, and the ref made a mistake. However stated that he also made mistakes, and that the ref had a fairly good game.

Mourinho initially complained that referee Markus Merk had missed a "clear" penalty offence when Liverpool's Alvaro Arbeloa handled.

However, after watching replays which showed the incident was outside the area, the Chelsea boss tempered his comments.

"I don't know whether it was inside or outside the area," he said.

"For me the referee was top, but he made a mistake with the handball. It was a big mistake, but if it's a free kick it reduces the possibility of us scoring.

"He made a mistake, but normally the mistakes are against Chelsea."

Grovelling apology alright  ::)

Norf Tyrone

Quote'It was handball for sure. If it's inside the box and a penalty or outside the box and a free kick is something I cannot say.

But the referee had a very good game. He controlled a game like this with one yellow card - it could be two: one for Javier [Mascherano] and one for Alonso. No more than that. The players were super-correct.

For me the referee was top but, like everybody can, he made a mistake with Arbeloa's handball. But we all make mistakes, me, the players, the ref, even Syd The Sailor! If it's a penalty or free kick, I don't know but it's one decision against us - a big one. But it's not fair to say the referee is responsible for the 1-0 scoreline and with this handball decision it could be 2-0. For what we did in the first-half, we had more than enough chances to score two, three or four goals. We had big chances to score so 1-0 is very short.

Norf Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 26, 2007, 04:17:05 PM

;D

Bit early to be gloating NT.

Woudn't want you to put the mockers on your team or anything.