The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Disappointed with the performance - but we got away lightly tonight with the result tonight.

We were terribly narrow in the middle - and had no creativity

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 25, 2007, 09:53:39 PM
Disappointed with the performance - but we got away lightly tonight with the result tonight.

We were terribly narrow in the middle - and had no creativity

Thats the best way to desribe tonight no creativity,How many times did Zenden have a chance to send in a good cross? Surely after 60mins he should have brought Gonzalez or Pennant on?
So another comeback needed at Anfield it's been done before but I can't see Liverpool winning 2-0 or 3-1 and so on,Also can't see it going all the way to penos
We are crying out for a 25 goal a season striker,Kuyt just isn't a top class finisher and Bellamy is not the player we had hoped he was
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Its not over yet lads! It'll certainly be very tough, and the advantage is obviously very much with Chelsea, but lets see what happens. One crappy deflected Liverpool goal a la Frank Lampard, and its game on!

Of course, if Chelsea score first, its over. If that happens, they could get two or three on the break as Liverpool will have no option but to throw caution to the wind.

Ethan Edwards

Dont think we deserved anything out of the game tonight, infact we were lucky only to lose by 1 goal. All is not lost,
That'll Be The Day

The Real Laoislad

I admire yer optimism lads and i wish i could share it with ye,but im very doubtful but i hope im wrong
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

I'm not exactly optimistic. I think Chelsea are overwhelming favourites at this point and are well capable of keeping a clean sheet. However, Liverpool have pulled big performances out before when given little chance. They're only a goal behind and the second leg will be a massive night at Anfield. All it takes is one goal. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Carmen Stateside

Another Historical European night in Anfield awaits!! and I cant feckin wait we are still in this cup tie I beleive we can do it! Good luck to the lads next week!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKNTP1QbX4

;D ;D

SlimShady

that match was f**king woeful and its sad to see such shite played in the semi-final of the European Cup. No exciting players on either side apart from a minor glimpse of Drogba but that was overshadowed by the silly big nonce diving all over the show and he should have been booked.

If Chelsea score at the Stadium of Bindippers then they go through, there is no way i can see Liverpool score 3 times. Especially after last nights efforts.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SlimShady on April 26, 2007, 08:36:01 AM
that match was f**king woeful and its sad to see such shite played in the semi-final of the European Cup. No exciting players on either side apart from a minor glimpse of Drogba but that was overshadowed by the silly big nonce diving all over the show and he should have been booked.

If Chelsea score at the Stadium of Bindippers then they go through, there is no way i can see Liverpool score 3 times. Especially after last nights efforts.

::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SlimShady

Also, i hear the scumbags were singing about Alan Ball at last nights game.

They really are different gravy.

SlimShady

it was on talksport this morning, a steward at the ground!!

also, great behaviour from the fans by throwing bottles and coins at an injured player.

also reported was bottles of what looked like piss being thrown.

my comments are exactly that-MINE, and you 5ive Times, will read them  ;)

johnneycool

Was the great tactician, Beniitez up to his work last night?

Has he lulled Chelsea into a false sense of security by letting them think that Liverpool are that shite with Zenden and Arbeloa staying on the full game?

Is it all part of the master plan?

SuperDooperCooper

Terrible performance last night, terrible team picked and terrible changes made. Not one of Rafa's better nights at the office.
Agger learned more last night that he did in his career to date, Riise had his worst game of the season.
Midfield/up front didn't look like they would score if they were there until next week - Cech's save from Gerrard was more routine than world class.
The only positive from last night is that it was only 1-0, thought Chelsea deserved a lot more especially with the header in the last minute (thought it was in).
Can't see Liverpool scoring three so if Chelsea score that's it. Chelsea overwhelming favourites to go through.
Liverpool need to splash the dollars to get a decent centre forward in the summer.
Lads at work saying Dunphy had a go at Rafa after the match - does anyone watch the three grumpy old men anymore?

full back

Not doing much mouthing this morning Syd The Wailer :D
Fcukin mouthpiece

How do Liverpool fans feel about Zenden?
Jaysus, he was woeful last night - the ball came down his wing a number of times in the 2nd half but he seemed incapable of getting a decent 1st touch or putting a decent cross in-how he stayed on the full game is baffling.
Gerrard looked inept last night, which is not like him in a big game.
As for that diving b4stard Drogba, he was good last night, but FFS the way he drops & whines everytime someone touches him is a disgrace. Book the b4stard & he will soon wise himself up.

Norf Tyrone

Great night fo the Blues last night, and a good result. Would've took 1-0 with bellls on before the game, and fairly confident of Athens now!!

The definitive game of 2 halves. Chelsea excellent in first half, with the big man Drogba scaring the s**t out of the Pool back 4 especially Agger. However hopefully we don't regret not getting the 2nd or 3rd goal that could've came.
Liverpool more it it in the second half, but only tested Cech with Gerard's excellent half volley.

The ref I thought was decent last night, only the lack of a card for the persistant fouling of Alonso, and the free kick that shoul've been given for the hand ball the only grips.

KTBFFH...........

PS...Is Syd about?  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone