The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I think Rafa will only play one up front in the away leg. But who are we to judge gim

In Rafa we trust

supersarsfields

Naw LL you got to play Pennant. I wasn't a big fan to be honest, but he's hit some great form at the minute. Up front, I reckon Crouch to start with but i'd have Kuyt on around the hr mark. Just to try and see how tired the Russians really are!!
Any word of their line-up?

brokencrossbar1

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=462954&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Rafa+coy+on+Torres+talk&channel=football_home&

I can't copy the article across for some reason, but Liverpool now strongly linked to Torres.  Aparently he has "You'll never walk alone" tatooed on his arm.  I certainly would prefer him to Villa and he could be the one to be a 20 + goals a season for us.

full back

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 24, 2007, 03:22:11 PM
Aparently he has "You'll never walk alone" tatooed on his arm. 

Seen this in the paper. It isnt tatooed on his arm, but it is on the inside of his captain's armband. The armband came loose & you can clearly see "You'll never walk alone" on the inside of it.
Would p1ss you off slightly of you were an Athletico Madrid fan.
Lucky he doesnt play for the Hammers or he would be a dead man walking

brokencrossbar1

I just read it wrong full back.  I reckon he could be a great signing if it comes off as I reckon Bellamy is on his way to Villa, with God off to the states, Torres, Crouch, Kuyt and A.N Other would be a nice mix of strikers, with that wee fcuker Garcia to come back as well.

full back

Would be a super signing if Benitez persuades him to go.
Just what the scousers are missing at the moment-a top class striker who consistently hits 20+ goals a season

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

brokencrossbar1

QuoteMaybe he's a Celtic fan?

Or the Rogers and Hammerstein Musical Carousel?  Or Gerry and the Pacemakers?

Gabriel_Hurl

Jose is getting in good preparation for tomorrow night

Square Ball

Jose says Chelski have played 27 games in 2007 and you lot 4, cheeky monkey
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Jose Mourinho has cranked up the heat on the eve of Chelsea's UEFA Champions League semi-final with Liverpool by claiming he would not be surprised if The Reds attempted to get Didier Drogba booked.

Ivory Coast star Drogba is one of a number of Chelsea players one booking away from a suspension and Mourinho feels Liverpool could attempt to force him into a rush of blood which would lead to a caution.

The Portuguese tactician has also accused Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt of picking up a deliberate booking in the first leg of their quarter-final win over PSV Eindhoven in order to serve a suspension in the second leg.

"We don't have four important players and there is another factor that can play an important part and that is that they don't have yellow cards," Mourinho said on Sky Sports News.

"They had the chance even to clean cards. You see for example when Kuyt gets a yellow card in the last minute against PSV it is because he does not want to play the second game in order to be clean for the rest of the competition.

"Chelsea had a group with Werder Bremen, a group with Barcelona, two games with Porto and two games with Valencia and we have Essien suspended and a lot of players with two yellow cards.

"And it would not surprise me tomorrow if they chase Drogba for 90 minutes and try to get him suspended for the second game."

You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: SlimShady on April 24, 2007, 08:58:14 AM
banned for racist chanting but Munich songs, stoning ambulances, throwing cups full of shite at away fans and singing songs about a players broken leg as he lies on the field are all acceptable?

scumbags? Tolerated? never  :-\

Where was this tolerated? The club apologised for the ambulance thing. Smith himself thanked the club and supporters for their behaviour on the day, correctly recognizing that a small minority of scumbags does not typify the behaviour of all Liverpool or any other fans.

What would you have the club do about the person who threw the shit? Was he identified?

And the Munich songs are returned with gusto by United fans' with their songs about Hillsborough etc.

Yourself and Syd post this crap to get a rise. I doubt if either of the two of you are stupid enough to believe the shit you write.

Norf Tyrone

Big night tonight at the Bridge, looking forward to it immensely. Don't think there will be many goals, and would settle for 1-0 at the minute. Ballack's loss is magnified due to Essien's suspension, but I hope, nay pray that Lord Percy makes it. To be honest if Carvalho misses out, I'd be concerned.
Going into the tie Liverpool should start favourites, due to their experience at this level, and the lack of fatigue. Truth be told they have been gearing towards this game for 2 weeks.

Chelsea Probable
Cech
Diarra
JT
Percy
A Cole

Maka
Obi Mikel
Lampard

Drogba
Shevchenko
J Cole
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

el_cuervo_fc

I dunno about liverpool goin in favourites.  The bookies have a liverpool win priced at 3-1.  Still confident. 

It would be great if mourinho's prediction of a drogba yellow card worked out   ;)